TUF 26 (A New World Champion): Weekly Updates - Daily Talk

Yep, let's leave the 20-0 prospects to boxing, it's who you beat and how you beat them that counts.

Whoever won the flyweight belt would have a problem with legitimacy because so many contenders werent in the tournament. Having beaten two Invicta champs, including the undefeated flyweight champ, Nicco is as legit as it's possible to be coming out of this competition.

So, this disproves the supposed leak of the finalists... Still think Sijara is a terrible matchup for Roxie, but she surprised me before in her current run. Would be crazy if the 12th and 14th ranked fighters are the finalists

Would be crazy if the 12th and 14th ranked fighters are the finalists

Or maybe it shows that whoever it was that did the rankings isn't very good at doing rankings.....

Nicco didn't look like the 14th best fighter in the house after her first fight and after seeing that fight with Barb she's going to have a career in the UFC which most of the other 15 won't. That semi final fight was high level mma and with the way she rag dolled Barb to the floor in the first round Nicco has some serious strength. If she can improve her stand up a bit more she's going to be very tough to beat.

Or maybe it shows that whoever it was that did the rankings isn't very good at doing rankings.....

Nicco didn't look like the 14th best fighter in the house after he first fight and after seeing that fight with Barb she's going to have a career in the UFC which most of the other 15 won't. That semi final fight was high level mma and with the way she rag dolled Barb to the floor in the first round Nicco has some serious strength. If she can improve her stand up a bit more she's going to be very tough to beat.
Tbf, they were both borderline .500 coming off losses. They didn't lose to any real scrubs, but it can be hard to really assess comparative skills of a bunch of fighters without mutual opponents and even then... This might have just been the skill leap of getting to focus on training and working with top coaches and trainers

Tbf, they were both borderline .500 coming off losses. They didn't lose to any real scrubs, but it can be hard to really assess comparative skills of a bunch of fighters without mutual opponents and even then... This might have just been the skill leap of getting to focus on training and working with top coaches and trainers

Neither of them have lost at 125 lbs though have they?

I don't know anything about Julia Avila or Pam Sorenson but they're listed here as a BW and LW and not a flyweight so I assume they're a fair bit bigger than Nicco and they beat her on points in a 5 and 3 round right respectively.

The two who beat Sijara (also on points), Katlyn Chookagian a 9-1 135 lb fighter who is 2-1 (at 135 I think) in the UFC and Aspen Ladd a 6-0 135 lber who is 1-0 (at 135 lbs) in the UFC. Now maybe they can drop down to 125 lbs and fight there we'll see I guess now that 125 lbs exists for the women in the UFC.

I don't know anything about Julia Avila or Pam Sorenson but they're listed here as a BW and LW and not a flyweight so I assume they're a fair bit bigger than Nicco and they beat her on points in a 5 and 3 round right respectively.

The two who beat Sijara (also on points), Katlyn Chookagian a 9-1 135 lb fighter who is 2-1 (at 135 I think) in the UFC and Aspen Ladd a 6-0 135 lber who is 1-0 (at 135 lbs) in the UFC. Now maybe they can drop down to 125 lbs and fight there we'll see I guess now that 125 lbs exists for the women in the UFC.
Sijara's loss vs Chookigan was at flyweight according to tapology , and her only fight at that weight before now. Nicco had fought and won at flyweight, but only against two 1-0 fighters. I think we're looking at this a little too much with the benefit of hindsight

Chookagian is moving to flyweight, booked to fight Borella at that weight on the UFC Charlotte card. Ladd has said there is no way she can make 125 again.

Nicco looks like she may have a career at UFC
do to the fact she has looked solid to get to the
finale and in the process took out a former title
holder.The way I'm figuring is if Sijara takes out
Roxanne the bracket will be busted badly.For
those who don't know who Pam Sorenson is she
fights at Invicta FC at 145 lbs and her work can
be seen on UFC Fight Pass with Invicta and king
Of The Cage.

Sijara's loss vs Chookigan was at flyweight according to tapology , and her only fight at that weight before now. Nicco had fought and won at flyweight, but only against two 1-0 fighters. I think we're looking at this a little too much with the benefit of hindsight

You're probably right about the hindsight but....... if you go with the way the coaches picked then and ignore the rankings.

After the evaluations and what the coaches and their teams knew about the fighters Sijara was picked 5th behind Barb, Roxy, Laurent and Rachael so if this had been any other season Sijara would have been the 5th seed and not the 12th.

Because Nicco was seeded to fight Lauren we never got to find out how high the coaches rated her as she was gone after 3 picks because Laurent was selected.

You're probably right about the hindsight but....... if you go with the way the coaches picked then and ignore the rankings.

After the evaluations and what the coaches and their teams knew about the fighters Sijara was picked 5th behind Barb, Roxy, Laurent and Rachael so if this had been any other season Sijara would have been the 5th seed and not the 12th.

Because Nicco was seeded to fight Lauren we never got to find out how high the coaches rated her as she was gone after 3 picks because Laurent was selected.

I wonder what criteria Gaethje used in making Rachael his second pick?

Just wanted to see her a lot

Il3-MtBk_400x400.jpg

yes, rachael....and montana stewart too.

Crazy to think if Sijara wins it will be a 3-2 and a 2-2 fighter fighting for the initial UFC 125 title. Better hope Roxy wins it all or the title won't mean much

LOL Roxy is a joke. Sijara would destroy her. Let's not forget many great fighters started off with shitty records.

Pulling for Nicco though. I hate Lloyd Irvin but Sijara worked for her shit for sure.

Yay Nicco! Wasn’t expecting that.

I guess whiny Lauren Murphy is happy.

LOL Roxy is a joke. Sijara would destroy her. Let's not forget many great fighters started off with shitty records.

Pulling for Nicco though. I hate Lloyd Irvin but Sijara worked for her shit for sure.

Roxy a joke? This is a fighter who went from being on a losing streak to being one of the best flyweights out there. Do you not watch her fights at Invicta? Her striking has grown more than any other fighter in that short amount of time.

Sijara is getting a lot better, but Roxy's experience could carry the day here.

Roxy a joke? This is a fighter who went from being on a losing streak to being one of the best flyweights out there. Do you not watch her fights at Invicta? Her striking has grown more than any other fighter in that short amount of time.

What happened to Roxy last time she was on TUF? Did you watch MMA back then? Yes, I have seen every Invicta so far I believe.

You want to make a bet Roxy doesn't win???

didnt you know? the number one seed with 34 fights is always a joke, where have you been man, you obviously dont follow wmma
seriously though eubanks is strong so roxy needs to get her down quick and finish

didnt you know? the number one seed with 34 fights is always a joke, where have you been man, you obviously dont follow wmma
seriously though eubanks is strong so roxy needs to get her down quick and finish

Pretty amusing given who he was asking.

What happened to Roxy last time she was on TUF? Did you watch MMA back then? Yes, I have seen every Invicta so far I believe.

You want to make a bet Roxy doesn't win???
Lol you think people doesn't evolve as fighters? Today's Roxy would embarass the previous TUF-Roxy, no doubt about it, she has been competitive with the best FLWs of the planet, all of them, even if she loses to Sijara there's no shame, she dominated her previous opponents and will probably get a contract anyway. If you really saw every Invicta, you remember Roxy beating the shit of D'Alelio. Look who D'Alelio already beat, she is no can and was on 4 win streak.

TUF TJ was KO by Dodson, today he is one of the best fighters in the world.

Back