Not open for further replies.

EzFlyer

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
http://www.sherdog.com/events/UFC-Fight-Night-123-Swanson-vs-Ortega-62623

L6mEjrZVSBOVK1izx-x8iQ.png

6737.png

i've loaded up on cub early here. i really like this line. he's too fast for ortega. it's just that simple.

confident that i will be able to hedge live if needed, as ortega is a tricky/opportunistic guy who can come from behind.

cub gonna beat ortegas face in for 2.5 rounds then dive into a guillotine, mark my words.

i've loaded up on cub early here. i really like this line. he's too fast for ortega. it's just that simple.

confident that i will be able to hedge live if needed, as ortega is a tricky/opportunistic guy who can come from behind.
image.png

Cub ML hard... hedged with Ortega by R3 or R5 bullshit.

Interestingly, I got on an early line on Ortega at +125 and he's now at +105 on 5dimes. I won't mind if I am proved to be wrong. I like Cub a lot.

I like cub too, but is the Ortega prop bet rd 3 or rd 5?

Like cub, probs live bet Ortega if cub dominates cause as proven Ortega can pull some out of the blue shit.

So we are all on Cub ML with the plan to hedge Ortegra sub and/or rd5....niiiceee.

Why? He's needed miracle comebacks in 3 straight fights to make up for his mediocre striking.

The fact that he's done it 3x in a row says something though lol. The dude's durable and goes for it when he needs to. He's on track to beat Yoel's late finish title.

I'm not on Ortega ML here especially at near-evens tho

The fact that he's done it 3x in a row says something though lol. The dude's durable and goes for it when he needs to. He's on track to beat Yoel's late finish title.

I'm not on Ortega ML here especially at near-evens tho
No. It really doesn't say anything about it being a consistent quality. Yoel atleast showed massive explosion. Two of those 3rd-round miracles were the other dude literally diving into subs for Ortega.

Why? He's needed miracle comebacks in 3 straight fights to make up for his mediocre striking.

IMO this narrative about Ortega is way overblown, especially looking at the Guida and Moicano fights.

Against Guida, two of the three judges had it 19-19 headed to the third round and Ortega was turning it up as he always does late in fights. I thought he was on his way to winning the third round if the finish didn't happen, in which case he would have won a split decision.

Against Moicano, all three judges had it 19-19 headed to the third round and it was a very competitive round before the guillotine. Ortega easily could have won a decision if the fight continued. Despite the big differential in significant strikes landed, Ortega was the one coming forward the entire fight and landing the more damaging shots. He was absolutely relentless with his pressure and he walked through Moicano's best shots like they were nothing.

The problem with Ortega is that in the past he's given away rounds with his lack of volume or he's spent too much time hunting subs off his back instead of trying to work his way back up. But when he's the aggressor and he has guys moving backwards, he's at his best. He's shown a granite chin, great cardio and a sense of urgency when he knows a fight is close late. He's also still only 26 with plenty of room to improve.

I'm not sure if I'm willing to bet him against Cub at this price, but I'd be very nervous if I was big on Cub.

Last edited:
I'll get to catch this one live. The last and first event I attended, I saw Ortega snatch up another third round finish after two competitive rounds and Jason Knight endure a barrage before he got stopped. Like both guys chances to win ITD

I feel like Swanson pulls out the patented 5-round 'Legkick and volume-kickbox' gameplan of Jacksons fighters in 5-rounders, as he did against Lobov to a large degree. I don't see Ortega having the tools to deal with it, and think we're getting a fairly ho-hum 50-45.

Ortega's boxing looked much improved vs Moicano, perhaps we will see something new from him again. Although the lay off here isn't nearly as big as it was before so maybe not as much time to learn new techniques.

I wanna put a fairly large bet on cub but man ortega is tough and known to comeback, cubs submission losses plays into his main strength

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back