2017 SF 49ers : New Regime

Yea, this is how it's supposed to go. We were 'reloading' for years when we should have just went all in on the rebuild.
Yea, I was skeptical about them getting 6 year deals. But it's paying off by allowing them to be patient and do it right

I'm fine with having him as a QB. I think the problem is we gave up a 2nd rounder instead just signing him next year or drafting a rookie and investing in our o-line. This speeds up our rebuild and I honestly think getting him this year is a waste just because hes either going to look awful or stumble into a couple of wins. Then theres the report that a deal with him isn't imminent.

It could work out. I just see it as an unnecessary gamble and I don't see us as a team thats anywhere close to being a 'qb away' from contending for anything.

Edit: I do like that this enables us to trade down again in case teams fall in love with QB's again tho.

They got the QB they wanted for the future. They are going to have the #1 draft pick or close to it in a year with a great QB class. People will trade up to get their QB and SF gets loads of picks. This could be great, right?

And a 2nd round pick for the most important position is cheap. There are rumors that Bellicheck wanted to keep him and trade Brady. lmao

Whats the deal with Ray Ray I thought SF liked him?

Was surprised to see he got axed.

Whats the deal with Ray Ray I thought SF liked him?

Was surprised to see he got axed.
Baalke liked him. Got passed up by a few guys on the depth chart

Jimmy G ladies and gentleman.

What say you Niner faithful? Future or bust?

PS - can we please cut Dontae Johnson, STAT!!!

We back! We can finally come crawling out of our caves filled with empty booze bottles and broken dreams!

I was really starting to like Breida as the season went on too.

if we can't flip that 1st rounder, please let us either get some OL help or a CB
Flip it to the Bears again please for da lols.

As a Packer fan watching you guys flip the first pick for a ton of other picks was hilarious.

Yesterday was a good day

giphy.gif

Ken Norton huh.

Best of luck. Foster should stay the fuck away from him.

Ken Norton huh.

Best of luck. Foster should stay the fuck away from him.
I'm optimistic he can be a good LBs coach, sort of like Tomsula being the worst HC in the league but fucking nails as a DL coach. He was at USC for the big 3 LBs , then in Seattle their LB core was great. Seattle fans also loved him in that position. Obviously he was always around talent, so who knows how much he actually contributed, but at worst I would think he isn't going to be a negative on Foster. ALl of those other guys were elite with him as their coach.

I'm optimistic he can be a good LBs coach, sort of like Tomsula being the worst HC in the league but fucking nails as a DL coach. He was at USC for the big 3 LBs , then in Seattle their LB core was great. Seattle fans also loved him in that position. Obviously he was always around talent, so who knows how much he actually contributed, but at worst I would think he isn't going to be a negative on Foster. ALl of those other guys were elite with him as their coach.
The players like him a lot, Id imagine Malcolm Smith had a hand in getting him there. But man, hes really good at blowing assignments. Its fucking incredible how bad he was at that.

As long as the DC keeps him in check theyll probably do fine.

The players like him a lot, Id imagine Malcolm Smith had a hand in getting him there. But man, hes really good at blowing assignments. Its fucking incredible how bad he was at that.

As long as the DC keeps him in check theyll probably do fine.
They worked together in Seattle (our DC), probably how he got the job.

Overpaid a bit, but that's the cost of doing business in FA. We got Sherman for pennies compared to these other CB contracts .

Excited to see KyleShan exploit the matchup problems McKinnon will create. Also one other name I would check in on is Vinny Curry. I think he's somewhat overrated (gimme sacks over pressure), but having a solid EDGE in place to save us from drafting a DL in the first round for the 4th straight year would be worth it.

Greg Papa likely heading to the 49ers when the Raiders go to Las Vegas. Kills me.

You guys are getting the best announcer/commentator of all time.

Greg Papa likely heading to the 49ers when the Raiders go to Las Vegas. Kills me.

You guys are getting the best announcer/commentator of all time.
Only caught him in preseason games but I like him (pretty much the only time you hear local guys). I actually like the 49ers current guy as well though, dude gets way too excited lol

Back