Locked TV Show Thread (Hitman TV Series from Hulu; Jordan Peele's Twilight Zone Reboot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You liked it? I'm surprised.It's not really gripping me. The younger actors are actually putting forth more convincing efforts than the older ones, but they still can't hold this up for me.

As soon as I realized that this is the show with the Iron Fist showrunner, my immediate reaction was "Ohhhhhh....".
Scott Buck (Iron Fist, Inhumans) is not involved with Runaways in any way. Runaways TV series was created by Josh Schwartz (Chuck, The O.C.) and Stephanie Savage (Gossip Girl).

Scott Buck (Iron Fist, Inhumans) is not involved with Runaways in any way. Runaways TV series was created by Josh Schwartz (Chuck, The O.C.) and Stephanie Savage (Gossip Girl).
Ah, it's actually Becher that wrote for both series, although only a couple of episodes between both.

First 3 episodes of Marvel's Runaways was pretty good. Really liked the first 20 minutes of the first episode. Best part is even though this is a YA type of show, it doesn't feel contrived and cheesy like The CW shows.

First episode of Godless was also pretty good. Series has strong potential.

Runaways is interesting, I also saw the first three episodes. Acting is a bit weak but we'll see how it goes.

I'm almost done Godless and really enjoying it.

Another familiar face from MMA. The man's getting work, he was in ten unique productions in 2017.

mbssgz.png

Have you seen any more?

The ending is very strong.
I finished episode 3. I find it amusing how theatrical Frank Griffin is when visiting somebody's house or establishment and how they'd ninja'd themselves in position.

So far I'm liking the series. It's clearly building up to a big confrontation to the town of Labelle. So can't wait for that. The characters and the scenes are interesting, so I don't mind the ride unlike other current dragging Netflix shows (*cough Punisher).

I finished episode 3. I find it amusing how theatrical Frank Griffin is when visiting somebody's house or establishment and how they'd ninja'd themselves in position.

So far I'm liking the series. It's clearly building up to a big confrontation to the town of Labelle. So can't wait for that. The characters and the scenes are interesting, so I don't mind the ride unlike other current dragging Netflix shows (*cough Punisher).

The finale is positively cinematic.

Trailer for BLACK MIRROR Arkangel Episode Directed by Jodie Foster

Update: November 26, 2017

Lennie James to Exit THE WALKING DEAD to Join FEAR THE WALKING DEAD

walking-dead-season-5-morgan.jpg

AMC's The Walking Dead is set to see one series regular jump to spinoff series Fear the Walking Dead.

Fan favorite Lennie James is officially moving from the flagship to the prequel where he will continue to play Morgan Jones. The announcement was made Sunday when James was a surprise guest on Talking Dead.

"Morgan's arc in The Walking Dead season eight positioned him for the story on Fear the Walking Dead," Walking Dead showrunner Scott M. Gimple said via a statement read by Talking Dead host Chris Hardwick. "It was also important to see Fear's world and characters through new, yet familiar eyes."

For his part, James said he begins filming Fear on Monday, with his scenes to be streamed live via the show's social media accounts. The actor, who was the first person Rick (Andrew Lincoln) encountered after waking up from his coma in the show's pilot, wrapped production on the Atlanta-set Walking Dead days ago and appeared on Talking Dead via satellite from Austin, where the show is moving its production.

"From the very first moment the whole suggestion of Morgan going over to Fear the Walking dead, the hardest part of that, from beginning to now, has been leaving The Walking Dead," James said. "Leaving that cast, leaving that crew. I've said my goodbyes to the cast and I've said my goodbyes to the crew. … That show stands or falls on the back of that crew. And I'm going to miss them very much."

James move to Fear the Walking Dead also confirms news that THR previously reported that the prequel series is moving its filming location to Texas — a shift that was set up in the finale's narrative as a new villain (Ray McKinnon) set sail for "what's left of Houston" with Alicia (co-star Alycia Debnam-Carey).

James' addition to Fear comes as the lesser-rated series is amid a major reset for its upcoming fourth season. Showrunner Dave Erickson, who developed the series with Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman, exited the show after the season three finale. Andrew Chambliss and Ian Goldberg (Once Upon a Time) will take over as showrunners for season four, with Walking Dead boss Gimple also joining the spinoff as an executive producer. Fear has also bolstered its cast with stars Garret Dillahunt and Jenna Elfman boarding as series regulars. Details on their characters are being kept under wraps.

'The Walking Dead' Favorite Lennie James to Exit, Joins Spinoff 'Fear the Walking Dead'

Photos and Video of Lennie James on the Set of FEAR THE WALKING DEAD

GJ5XDZj.jpg

ft9Y46p.jpg

The finale is positively cinematic.
Finished Godless. In the finale, loved the build-up and everything leading up to the showdown. BUT... Though the action was pretty good, it also bordered on a cartoonish The Expendables-type of shootout.

Wished they didn't kill Whitey. He was one of my favorite characters. And the way they staged his death was stupid. Why wasn't he not in the brick house? What did he think was going to happen when he stepped out of the Sheriff's office by his lonesome? If they're going to kill Whitey, at least do it that makes sense.

Also thumbs up for Downton Abbey's Mary's topless scene.

What if Morgan and Stromo committed some Black on Black crime?

Illegal swordfighting.

The Punisher was damn solid. The persian chick was awful though.

Gonna start daredevil now

I'm struggling through the series because of her. All she's good for is sex scenes and even then she's like a fucking wet loaf of bread

Started watching Godless. It's pretty good so far, but I have to frown upon the travesty of an attempt to speak norwegian in episode 2. Not since ol' school X-files in the 90s have I heard such butchering of our language like that. If ya'll tried that with a broader language there would be serious feedback

AMERICAN GODS SHOWRUNNERS EXIT SHOW
Share.
The per-episode budget is said to already be almost $10 million.
BY ALEX GILYADOV Starz drama American Gods has lost its two showrunners, Bryan Fuller and Michael Green.

Variety reports Fuller and Green, who are also the creators of the series, are exiting the show due to creative differences with producer FremantleMedia. The pair were said to be pushing for an increased budget for Season 2.

The per-episode budget for the second season of American Gods is reportedly already nearly USD$10 million. There's no word yet on who might take over for Fuller and Green.

Green is currently working on the Netflix drama Raising Dion and several other TV projects. Meanwhile Fuller, who bowed out as the showrunner for Star Trek: Discovery early on in production, is working on Apple’s Amazing Stories.

American Gods: Season 2 was expected to premiere in 2018 on Starz, though it's unknown if that's still in the cards.

For IGN's thoughts on American Gods, read our reviews of the finale and the entire first season, which we think "is unlike anything you've seen on the small screen before."

Share.
BY ALEX GILYADOV Starz drama American Gods has lost its two showrunners, Bryan Fuller and Michael Green.

Variety reports Fuller and Green, who are also the creators of the series, are exiting the show due to creative differences with producer FremantleMedia. The pair were said to be pushing for an increased budget for Season 2.

The per-episode budget for the second season of American Gods is reportedly already nearly USD$10 million. There's no word yet on who might take over for Fuller and Green.

Green is currently working on the Netflix drama Raising Dion and several other TV projects. Meanwhile Fuller, who bowed out as the showrunner for Star Trek: Discovery early on in production, is working on Apple’s Amazing Stories.

American Gods: Season 2 was expected to premiere in 2018 on Starz, though it's unknown if that's still in the cards.

For IGN's thoughts on American Gods, read our reviews of the finale and the entire first season, which we think "is unlike anything you've seen on the small screen before."
Never really liked Bryan Fuller's "Hannibal" style for American Gods, so I'm fine with this.

David Fincher's MINDHUNTERS Renewed for Season 2 at Netflix

Share.

I love the show but no way did the production look like it was 10 million dollars per episode. That is in par with Game of Thrones. I was going to say that without Fuller that the show was going to be canned by next season but then realized all Fuller shows seem to be cancelled between seasons 1-3

First Official Look at Jon Hamm as Archangel Gabriel in GOOD OMENS

Neil Gaiman tweeted: "So for you, for me, for all of us. FOR PEOPLE NOT YET BORN. This is what Jon Hamm looks like as the Angel Gabriel in the upcoming TV series of GOOD OMENS. A thing of beauty, and a joy for ever."

DPtSBrCX0AAzV-7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back