Persona 5

I fucked all the bitches, They all can get it.

On what I assume is the last part of this game (mementos depths). Gonna miss this sooooooo much. Going right to Nier or Nioh, Japanese game addiction has become strong

I plan on doing one more run with a NG+ to try and get any trophies I missed the first time around (have to platinum this game, just too awesome not to) then moving on to Akiba's Beat which comes out tomorrow.

I'm finishing up the 6th palace right now, and I'm starting to worry that I won't be able to max out all of my confidants before the end. I'm at the middle of November, and the calendar ends at the end of March. I only have Temperance, Death, Fortune, and Moon maxed out. I have a few around the 8-9 area, and most of my party members' at around 6. The Sun confidant is saying I can't help him after November which worries me that I won't be able to max his arcana since I only got him up to 7.

Seriously, trying to max out confidants while maxing your social stats and trying to read every book and finish every video game feels impossible.

I'm finishing up the 6th palace right now, and I'm starting to worry that I won't be able to max out all of my confidants before the end. I'm at the middle of November, and the calendar ends at the end of March. I only have Temperance, Death, Fortune, and Moon maxed out. I have a few around the 8-9 area, and most of my party members' at around 6. The Sun confidant is saying I can't help him after November which worries me that I won't be able to max his arcana since I only got him up to 7.

Seriously, trying to max out confidants while maxing your social stats and trying to read every book and finish every video game feels impossible.
I thought that's what NG+ is for?

FINALLY beat the game today after almost 175 hours of playtime. What an awesome game. Some ending thoughts:

- I was highly disappointed that Akechi didn't become a full party member. I know his betrayal was kinda given away and I was expecting it to be him, but his Persona was cool and useful as hell.

-The Mementos final boss totally made up for how the Shido fight felt a little disappointing. Really fun the entire time, and was pretty challenging even though I was most likely a little overleveled by that point (I defeated the Reaper in Mementos during flu season, which gives it a chance to spawn with the Despair condition and die after 3 turns. It brought me from level 50ish to over 70 just by beating him once. After that more Persona grinding had me close to 75-77 come the Shido fight.

-Highly disappointed that after you beat the final boss it was just a series of cutscenes until the game ends. I assumed you'd be able to finish out the calendar year since there were specific dates and events listed for the time that skips after beating the final boss. On the plus side I did just about everything besides max out all confidants so I can focus on only doing that during my NG+ run.

Trying to decide whether to do a NG+ run right away to get the Platinum or dive into a different game for a bit so I don't burn myself out on Persona. Great game overall, I'd put it in the running for GOTY if it didn't come out last year :D

FINALLY beat the game today after almost 175 hours of playtime. What an awesome game. Some ending thoughts:

- I was highly disappointed that Akechi didn't become a full party member. I know his betrayal was kinda given away and I was expecting it to be him, but his Persona was cool and useful as hell.

-The Mementos final boss totally made up for how the Shido fight felt a little disappointing. Really fun the entire time, and was pretty challenging even though I was most likely a little overleveled by that point (I defeated the Reaper in Mementos during flu season, which gives it a chance to spawn with the Despair condition and die after 3 turns. It brought me from level 50ish to over 70 just by beating him once. After that more Persona grinding had me close to 75-77 come the Shido fight.

-Highly disappointed that after you beat the final boss it was just a series of cutscenes until the game ends. I assumed you'd be able to finish out the calendar year since there were specific dates and events listed for the time that skips after beating the final boss. On the plus side I did just about everything besides max out all confidants so I can focus on only doing that during my NG+ run.

Trying to decide whether to do a NG+ run right away to get the Platinum or dive into a different game for a bit so I don't burn myself out on Persona. Great game overall, I'd put it in the running for GOTY if it didn't come out last year :D

There is a Ture Ending after defeating the final boss where you fight the God of Control. Might be worth checking a guide to activate the fight.

There is a Ture Ending after defeating the final boss where you fight the God of Control. Might be worth checking a guide to activate the fight.

I'm pretty sure I got the true ending. It started out as fighting the Holy Grail, then when you beat it it turns into this giant angel looking boss who uses attacks based off the seven deadly sins. When you beat him Joker ends up summoning Satanael who finishes the job. Isn't that the "true" ending? If not I'm going to have to make sure to figure out how to trigger it for NG+

I'm pretty sure I got the true ending. It started out as fighting the Holy Grail, then when you beat it it turns into this giant angel looking boss who uses attacks based off the seven deadly sins. When you beat him Joker ends up summoning Satanael who finishes the job. Isn't that the "true" ending? If not I'm going to have to make sure to figure out how to trigger it for NG+

That's it. I haven't gotten there yet myself, but I knew after the last few Persona games that there is the final dungeon boss, there is a secret uber boss.

Picked this up on the Black Friday sale. First Persona game.

About three hours in. The claims of it having a SSSSSLLLLLLOOOOOOWWWWW start, are warranted. My God, can I play the game yet? This is getting MGS4 silly, as I believe I've had control of my character for about 15 minutes, in 3 hours of gameplay. Sheesh. I was expecting it though, so I'm giving it a good 8 hours to get to the meat of the game. I was thoroughly warned it could take up to that much time, to really get going, so I can't complain too much.

Not much to say really. I've only fought like four battles, so I don't really know enough about the system to comment. The art style is awesome though, and at least gives you something to look at during this long ass tutorial.

Just gotta dig my heels in now, and get to the meat of the game.

Picked this up on the Black Friday sale. First Persona game.

About three hours in. The claims of it having a SSSSSLLLLLLOOOOOOWWWWW start, are warranted. My God, can I play the game yet? This is getting MGS4 silly, as I believe I've had control of my character for about 15 minutes, in 3 hours of gameplay. Sheesh. I was expecting it though, so I'm giving it a good 8 hours to get to the meat of the game. I was thoroughly warned it could take up to that much time, to really get going, so I can't complain too much.

Not much to say really. I've only fought like four battles, so I don't really know enough about the system to comment. The art style is awesome though, and at least gives you something to look at during this long ass tutorial.

Just gotta dig my heels in now, and get to the meat of the game.

You're close to getting into the meat of the game where you gain primary control instead of dialog after dialog after dialog. It's a long intro even by Persona standards. Going off of memory even Persona 3 and Persona 4 intro sequences were around 2~3 hours. It's been a while, but I feel like Persona 5 was around 3~4 hours, so you should be right at the tail end.

They do get MUCH better, hang in there!

You're close to getting into the meat of the game where you gain primary control instead of dialog after dialog after dialog. It's a long intro even by Persona standards. Going off of memory even Persona 3 and Persona 4 intro sequences were around 2~3 hours. It's been a while, but I feel like Persona 5 was around 3~4 hours, so you should be right at the tail end.

They do get MUCH better, hang in there!

I plan on it. I would've gone further last night, but some goof crashed into a power line pole yesterday, and knocked out the electricity on my street. I was on the second or third intro segment in that castle(the one where you sneak back in through the ventilation shaft). That cat thing was yapping at me, and then poof. I'm just glad I was saving regularly, so I don't think I'll have much to play over again.

Okay, so I'm finally able to mess around in the world and.....I'm totally confused. Like, what should I actually be doing? My crew seems to want to go to the palace every single day, but it seems like I should be building up skills in the real world. I've got 8 days to go before the deadline, but I think I'm doing something wrong, because I'll check online to see what people did, and the average level they have at this point, is level 9. I'm level 5. Is there a separate area to grind levels? Does the palace take more than one day? I don't feel like I'm gelling with the game's design. I'm looking at it in a practical sense, and saving the dungeon for last, but I don't think that's what I'm supposed to be doing, and I have this feeling I'm going to get fucked.

I've got it saved on a bunch of different days though, so I can always go back without too much hassle. It's funny, for as long as the tutorial was, it didn't really explain a whole lot in terms of how the game is supposed to be played. Having fun with it, but I really need to figure out how to get into the rhythm with it's mechanics.

Okay, so I'm finally able to mess around in the world and.....I'm totally confused. Like, what should I actually be doing? My crew seems to want to go to the palace every single day, but it seems like I should be building up skills in the real world. I've got 8 days to go before the deadline, but I think I'm doing something wrong, because I'll check online to see what people did, and the average level they have at this point, is level 9. I'm level 5. Is there a separate area to grind levels? Does the palace take more than one day? I don't feel like I'm gelling with the game's design. I'm looking at it in a practical sense, and saving the dungeon for last, but I don't think that's what I'm supposed to be doing, and I have this feeling I'm going to get fucked.

I've got it saved on a bunch of different days though, so I can always go back without too much hassle. It's funny, for as long as the tutorial was, it didn't really explain a whole lot in terms of how the game is supposed to be played. Having fun with it, but I really need to figure out how to get into the rhythm with it's mechanics.

There is an alternate area for grinding levels, but I don't think you've unlocked it yet.

What you do on a day to day basis is half the fun trying to juggle your skills, abilities, and bonds with your Confidants.

One important thing to note is you can never finish a dungeon in a single day. It takes one full day to get your way to the Treasure Room, and then another day to complete the heist. So don't get an early game over thinking you can finish a dungeon on the last day if you haven't tracked down the Treasure Room. I usually rushed the Treasure Room the first day it's available, then use the rest of the time to work on Social Skills and Confidants. If there was a particular day that didn't have any activities available, I would head back into the dungeon and grind for money/exp.

What you do on a day to day basis with your freetime is really up to you. Strengthening your Confidant bonds unlocks abilities for them and yourself. Some Confidants have a minimum Social Stat requirement to unlock or to move past a certain rank.

There are a whole slew of activities to do on a daily basis to work on your social skills, and some are only available on certain days of the week or weather dependent. Like if you drink coffee at the restaurant downtown while it's raining, you'll get a bonus.

It is possible to max out all of your Social Skills and Confidants in a single play through, but you have to pretty much follow a day by day guide to make all of the right selections. There is a NG+ as well and all of your money, items, weapons, and Social Skills carry over. So on a NG+ you can pretty much just focus on building Confidant ranks.

*Edit*
Get the Death Confidant to Rank 5 ASAP!!!!! It will unlock an accessory for sale that grants SP to the equiped character each turn. SP management is super important while dungeon crawling to maximize your time and getting the exp for a run. So by having accessories that replenish SP essentially lets you take as long as you need to get through the dungeons without worry of wasting a day having to exit early since you ran out of SP and healing items. These accessories are pretty expensive, but she'll offer a sizeable discount at Rank 7.

Last edited:
There is an alternate area for grinding levels, but I don't think you've unlocked it yet.

What you do on a day to day basis is half the fun trying to juggle your skills, abilities, and bonds with your Confidants.

One important thing to note is you can never finish a dungeon in a single day. It takes one full day to get your way to the Treasure Room, and then another day to complete the heist. So don't get an early game over thinking you can finish a dungeon on the last day if you haven't tracked down the Treasure Room. I usually rushed the Treasure Room the first day it's available, then use the rest of the time to work on Social Skills and Confidants. If there was a particular day that didn't have any activities available, I would head back into the dungeon and grind for money/exp.

What you do on a day to day basis with your freetime is really up to you. Strengthening your Confidant bonds unlocks abilities for them and yourself. Some Confidants have a minimum Social Stat requirement to unlock or to move past a certain rank.

There are a whole slew of activities to do on a daily basis to work on your social skills, and some are only available on certain days of the week or weather dependent. Like if you drink coffee at the restaurant downtown while it's raining, you'll get a bonus.

It is possible to max out all of your Social Skills and Confidants in a single play through, but you have to pretty much follow a day by day guide to make all of the right selections. There is a NG+ as well and all of your money, items, weapons, and Social Skills carry over. So on a NG+ you can pretty much just focus on building Confidant ranks.

*Edit*
Get the Death Confidant to Rank 5 ASAP!!!!! It will unlock an accessory for sale that grants SP to the equiped character each turn. SP management is super important while dungeon crawling to maximize your time and getting the exp for a run. So by having accessories that replenish SP essentially lets you take as long as you need to get through the dungeons without worry of wasting a day having to exit early since you ran out of SP and healing items. These accessories are pretty expensive, but she'll offer a sizeable discount at Rank 7.

Yeah, I was clear on the skills/activities, and how those all work. I was more concerned with leaving enough time to complete the dungeon, and when I should actually start one. I figured it was a one and done kind of deal. I didn't get the scope of these dungeons. I just played for a bit, and hopped into the palace. I get it now. The dungeons are huge, and Ideally are meant to be tackled sporadically throughout the month. Three floors here, three floors there, in between building up your other skills in the real world. You go as far as you can in the palace, until you run out of shit, head out, stock up, and go back to where you left off the next day, or whenever, get a little further, and repeat.

It's all clicking now, and I'm hooked. I just hope I left enough time. I had 6 days when I entered the palace, and I'm on the 4th floor. I think I can go maybe one more floor before I have to burn a day, and go back to get restocked. I'm running low on bullets, and my SP won't be far behind it. It's gonna be tight.

Thanks for the other tips as well.

Yeah, I was clear on the skills/activities, and how those all work. I was more concerned with leaving enough time to complete the dungeon, and when I should actually start one. I figured it was a one and done kind of deal. I didn't get the scope of these dungeons. I just played for a bit, and hopped into the palace. I get it now. The dungeons are huge, and Ideally are meant to be tackled sporadically throughout the month. Three floors here, three floors there, in between building up your other skills in the real world. You go as far as you can in the palace, until you run out of shit, head out, stock up, and go back to where you left off the next day, or whenever, get a little further, and repeat.

It's all clicking now, and I'm hooked. I just hope I left enough time. I had 6 days when I entered the palace, and I'm on the 4th floor. I think I can go maybe one more floor before I have to burn a day, and go back to get restocked. I'm running low on bullets, and my SP won't be far behind it. It's gonna be tight.

Thanks for the other tips as well.

I recommended doing social stuff & dungeon stuff throughout the month. It helps spread out the dialogue because after this dungeon their is a ton of dialogue. Pretty much in between every dungeon there is a lot of dialogue so you want to do a lot of castle stuff and save it till the last day possible so you don't get put into a situation where it's nonstop dialogue and barely\No combat related stuff to do.

A couple of tips if you're not already reading a guide :

Every Sunday you can buy a drink at the juice stand in the underground walkway, gives +1 to one of the 5 stats, doesn't waste any time.

Buy fertilizer from the flower shop in the underground mall and use it on the plant in your room, gives you +2 kindness and can be done every 16 days, also doesn't take up time. (Eventually you can get a +3 from a second flower shop)

Drink coffee during rainy days at the diner - gives knowledge and guts (sometime in the summer they serve frui tea which gives kindness I believe).

Part time jobs can raise stats as well - flower shop for kindess, beef bowl for. . Proficiency? I think.

Borrow books or buy them from the library, there will be special times when you get the option to read which can boost your stats without wasting time, always have an unread book on you.

If you use the bathhouse on Monday or Thursday you get an extra +1 to charm, (unless it's raining in which you get guts iirc??)

So much more I can't remember.

Also try and max out the doctor socially ASAP. You'll be able to buy items that give you +SP after every battle eventually and they get higher and higher as you get her ranked up.

Still have this in the wrapper, i've just beat FF12 so i'm gonna wait a bit before i start another jrpg

Off to the races now. There were some tense moments near the end of the castle, but I made it out with a couple of days to spare. Pretty relieved I won't have to do any backtracking. 6 days was just enough. Although, I'll be spreading out the dungeon time in the next event. Got a little fatigued near the end, cause I basically did the whole thing in one shot, and only hopped out once to recover. Boss was a bit too easy, but I didn't mind at that point, 'cause I just wanted to get the fuck outta there.

Good stuff though. 15 hours for one palace, eh? Oh' yeah, this is gonna be a long one.

Last edited:
Back