Cuphead: The game you might have heard of 5 years ago finally has a release date!

This game is pretty great. It's one of the more fulfilling games I've played. Looks amazing too.

What am I missing on the parry? In most levels I'm not sure what to do that on. I always get 0/3.

This game is pretty great. It's one of the more fulfilling games I've played. Looks amazing too.

What am I missing on the parry? In most levels I'm not sure what to do that on. I always get 0/3.
Anything pink just double jump and you get a parry. You can buy an item where your first parry will automatically happen. Most of the time it's not necessary and just looks flashy but occasionally it can really help keep you alive.

I've only got a couple of levels left to complete on the 3rd island before I complete the game but I'm running into a really strange bug using my PS4 controller. Every time I take damage my controls just complete lock up and I can't do anything, I have to restart the game to get it to work again and then it usually happens the first time I take damage again. It's getting really annoying I'm not sure I have the patience to complete it.

Anything pink just double jump and you get a parry. You can buy an item where your first parry will automatically happen. Most of the time it's not necessary and just looks flashy but occasionally it can really help keep you alive.

it also builds super meter so it's actually fairly important

This game was hard but incredibly fun. I was the first person on my friends list to finish it, which was cool

Just started playing it last night and its just as awesome as I expected
The artwork, voices and music are perfect
I've only been able to beat the first run and gun level so far and that took me like two hours, all the other levels have destroyed me
Wish I could reset my weapon purchases though, I really could use that extra health slot

Is it as hard as Nioh?

I have died over 1000 times playing Nioh
<{CMPALM}>

I have one level left on the second world, the dragon. I'm interested to see how difficult world three is.

Just started playing it last night and its just as awesome as I expected
The artwork, voices and music are perfect
I've only been able to beat the first run and gun level so far and that took me like two hours, all the other levels have destroyed me
Wish I could reset my weapon purchases though, I really could use that extra health slot

It sounds good, but in the long run I think the smoke bomb is better. Once you get used to the timing, smoke bomb will save your ass in a lot of levels.

It sounds good, but in the long run I think the smoke bomb is better. Once you get used to the timing, smoke bomb will save your ass in a lot of levels.

Most of the time, yes, but it really depends on which boss for which powerup. The parry powerup makes the train boss significantly easier, especially on expert. The coffee is great for all the airplane bosses. When I was just trying to get through the bosses for the first time, the extra HP powerups were the best. Now, I'm at the point where I'm trying to S-rank all the expert levels.

Most of the time, yes, but it really depends on which boss for which powerup. The parry powerup makes the train boss significantly easier, especially on expert. The coffee is great for all the airplane bosses. When I was just trying to get through the bosses for the first time, the extra HP powerups were the best. Now, I'm at the point where I'm trying to S-rank all the expert levels.

For sure. All of the power ups are good in different situations. I feel like the extra heart is a bit of a newb trap. I used it for most of my playthrough, but smoke bomb can save you a LOT more than one heart if you use it right.

What do you guys mean when you stay "steam"?

I don't even know what it is.
http://store.steampowered.com/

edit:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steam_(software)
The Steam platform is considered to be the largest digital distribution platform for PC gaming, and was estimated by Screen Digest to have 75% of the market space in October 2013. In 2015, users purchasing titles through Steam or through Steam keys from third-party vendors totaled roughly $3.5 billion, representing 15% of the global PC game sales for the year, based on estimations made by the tracking website Steam Spy. By the end of 2015, the service had over 125 million registered accounts, with 12.5 million concurrent users. The success of the Steam platform has led to the development of a line of Steam Machine micro-consoles, as well as the SteamOS operating system.

So I download these games to play on a PC?
You install the steam client on pc and then use it to access the steam marketplace where you can buy games on pc. They are tied to your steam account so if you go to visit a friend, you can log in with your account and you have your games available for installation at your friends machine. Some games even have cloud-save feature meaning your saves transfer as well.

You install the steam client on pc and then use it to access the steam marketplace where you can buy games on pc. They are tied to your steam account so if you go to visit a friend, you can log in with your account and you have your games available for installation at your friends machine. Some games even have cloud-save feature meaning your saves transfer as well.
Thanks. I might look into this; this cuphead game looks amazing.

Steam has often good discounts on games, sometimes publishers have "free weekend" type of deals where you can play a game for free for a weekend or even get it for free forever if you install it within a limited time frame

And older games can be very cheap.

Sorry wasn't trying to be a smartass, wasn't sure if you were joking. Steam has absolutely incredible sales on a regular basis. And they have a massive library of games in every genre. I suggest you make an account and take a look at the sales.

There's a lot of great indie games on there too, if you'e into that. Their sales are typically better than black friday types of deals, and they're more frequent. I've bought games that are normally $50 for $4.

Back