Was Your Thread Deleted, Moved or Merged? Ask about it here - Vol 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
a thread was dumped today, and so far as i can tell, no rules were even flirted with, let alone broken

i think the universal expectation here is that when we write posts, that our thoughts will be publicly available to be read, reacted to, scrutinized, etc

if this weren't the case, we'd all just be writing in our personal diaries

i'd argue that the primary motivation for posting here, or anywhere, is the chance for people to try out their ideas, then succeed or fail by their merits

if that draw is taken away for no good reason, and could potentially be taken away at any moment for no good reason, what are any of us even doing here?

here is the thread:

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/c...ing-to-more-to-the-back-of-a-concert.3646813/

quite a few people made thoughtful and serious posts, with the entirely reasonable expectation that their words would be featured in the section for which they were intended

i think all of the following deserve an explanation, because i cannot see any legitimate reason for censoring this thread

@AGGAMEMNON66
@ALE
@Amerikuracana
@Anung Un Rama
@AviatorShades
@Bald1
@Bargey
@Beta Wolf
@BjPenn2017
@bobgeese
@BruceLeeOnTRT
@BudKing8806
@Cajun
@Carl Sonnen
@clmetal
@Co-Co Zola
@CubixRube
@Cubo de Sangre
@Culombo
@czar2
@D3THRONED
@DamasR
@Darkballs
@Denter
@Devout Pessimist
@dontsnitch
@Drenalin
@DynamicLoosener
@EL CORINTHIAN
@esum80
@Fight To Win
@FinalFight
@flashNsmash
@floivanus
@freaky
@Gandhi
@genecop
@Gluteus Swag
@goldennirvana
@Grenz
@Greoric
@gspieler
@Gunny
@Hard To Tell
@HIMBOB
@HunterSdVa29
@IDL
@IngaVovchanchyn
@InternetHero
@Jackie Blue
@jamesmiller14
@JDragon
@Jfrizzle
@JudoThrowFiasco
@Kafir-kun
@KantoTerror
@KBE6EKCTAH_CCP
@Kframe
@klnOmega
@Konster
@lifelessheap
@Lionel Mandrake
@Liquid Smoke
@LogicalInsanity
@MaxMMA
@method115
@n...not crazy
@nhbbear
@Palis
@pcptornado
@PEDS Help me Post
@peytonlucy
@Pinyin
@PrinceOfPain
@Pwent
@Rav1nHunter
@RIPWarrior
@sambobeer
@Scheme
@Seano
@ShinkanPo
@Shoemaker
@Skulli
@Slick_36
@sniper
@SomebodyElse
@Son of Jamin
@Space
@splendica
@Stoic1
@TehGwarch
@The Diplomat
@The ScorpioN
@TheSlothMan
@Tigerknee
@trac209
@tramendous
@WiolentOne

i personally have a lot more i'd like to say in that thread, but there's no way i'm gonna put the time in to have it be read by four people
Hope there's a legit reason why it was dumped and not some political reason. Inb4 fakenews

The thread was not moved to the Dump by the Mod that was participating in that thread, it was another Mod that moved it. It seemed to have several pages of discussion before the Dump, so I'm willing to give it another chance back in the War Room.

This looks bad.

A mod made some ridiculous comments in this thread and that appears to be the most plausible reason the thread has been removed. I think I'm not alone in thinking this mod is a good poster and usually much better than comments in this thread would lead one to believe. But let's not whitewash things; it was a defense of explicit racism. That should be addressed rather than hidden.

The thread was not moved to the Dump by the Mod that was participating in that thread, it was another Mod that moved it. It seemed to have several pages of discussion before the Dump, so I'm willing to give it another chance back in the War Room.
I believe that, he's a good poster and I don't see him dumping it now. But why was it dumped by whoever did it?

I have no idea, but let's keep questions about the thread back in that thread, Crave checks this section frequently so we can't have this Sticky cluttered with too much discussion.

The thread is in the War Room once again.

Why is Limbo Pete carding me for this about Roxy
PS I hate you roxy, I have always fucking hated you and your stupid "always smile shit". Life is suffering.

- this is not fighter bashing in the least. I am allowed to hate her and say as much. While people flat out make horrible insults at Bisping and etc and never get carded

Why is Limbo Pete carding me for this about Roxy
PS I hate you roxy, I have always fucking hated you and your stupid "always smile shit". Life is suffering.

- this is not fighter bashing in the least. I am allowed to hate her and say as much. While people flat out make horrible insults at Bisping and etc and never get carded

The infraction for the comment

"PS I hate you roxy, I have always fucking hated you and your stupid "always smile shit". Life is suffering."

Was handed as the rule is significantly stricter on fighters that have an account on this site.

As for the Bisping insults, going forward when you see a poster flaming him just report those posts. Because of the large number of sub forums, if a post isn't reported it likely won't be seen by a Mod.

Why was my "would you watch a dogfight?" thread deleted? Please don't say it was because of the pictures I put in the OP I thought they were pretty tame.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/salute-to-platinum-nation.3677655/#post-136787737

What kind of mod removed my thread? There's plenty of thread like this, why don't u remove those too! Biased kind! How "kindly" of u! Kindly kin kind

u have thread like the following

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/p...teenage-fanboys.3677615/page-2#post-136786899

But u moved mine? Fuck off! Biased shit
Please note here the thread that I have moved your questions to, as future instances can result in deletion for failure to follow forum rules.

Both of the above threads were rehoused in The Wasteland, so I'm not seeing the gross asymmetry you allude to here. If you ever happen upon a thread and think it better elsewhere, please use the Report function and we will look into it, making a determination in the site's best interests.

—Thanks

I'm just wondering. Because you CLEARLY did NOT have the time to rewatch the fight to form a verifiable opinion. And as I stated clearly in the thread, my opinion was coming from a HUGE Couture fan.

So is this site shilling for WME now? I'm just wondering. And plz be honest before you dub or ban me. And be honest with yourselves and plz do as I did and rewatch that fight from a "this is a work" standpoint and PLEASE tell me I'm wrong! I would LOVE to be wrong, since I fucking LOVE that fight!

Edit: ok, granted, I could've phrased the title of my thread a little better....I admit that....

Plz don't ban me or anything. But if I wanted to make a thread asking if people think a UFC fight might've been fixed....is that acceptable? Or is it breaking some sort of rule? Because for real I don't wanna break any rules..and I do not wanna get dubs or anything. But I do want to discuss the possibility of fight fixing in one particular fight. So I guess I'm just asking how I should go about doing that. I do appreciate your patience in this matter.

It is not acceptable to claim that some fight was fixed. If it were allowed to ask if one particular fight was fixed, a fight well documented that the fighter in question broke his arm during the fight, it would be a slippery slope to allow others to accuse other fights of being fixed.

The only way a fight can be allowed to be discussed as fixed is if it was actually found that the fight was fixed. Otherwise it just brings rampant speculation, accusations, and fighter bashing.

The burden of proof for a fight fixing claim is not on others to prove the fight was not fixed, but for the accusers to prove the fight was fixed. That can only be done in a court of law, and not in the Sherdog Court of Public Opinion.

It is not acceptable to claim that some fight was fixed. If it were allowed to ask if one particular fight was fixed, a fight well documented that the fighter in question broke his arm during the fight, it would be a slippery slope to allow others to accuse other fights of being fixed.

The only way a fight can be allowed to be discussed as fixed is if it was actually found that the fight was fixed. Otherwise it just brings rampant speculation, accusations, and fighter bashing.

The burden of proof for a fight fixing claim is not on others to prove the fight was not fixed, but for the accusers to prove the fight was fixed. That can only be done in a court of law, and not in the Sherdog Court of Public Opinion.

That's fine I wasn't trying to cause any trouble or anything.

Also I was drunk and I get really adamant about my opinions when I'm drunk.

Why was this thread

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/t...-pull-people-in-using-humor-and-gifs.3680231/

By @JosephDredd dumped? It was well sourced and not presented in an inflammatory way, except to the extent that people might get upset by the content.

This is the second time I had that thread pulled. The first time had an inflammatory title. I asked a mod about it a week ago and he said he'd get back to me about the correct way to repost it, but I found a second article about their neo-Nazi style guide and this one explored its psychology even more deeply so I went ahead and reposted it.

I keep trying to post it because we literally have posters playing these exact same games in the WR, but its been pulled twice now so I'll take the hint.

But I did see a poster literally call blacks "darkies" a month ago, so part if me is not impressed.

But I also don't want to be one of those dicks that always charge "the mods trying to shut down muh free idiot speech!" because the mods have an thankless job here and if they don't want this on the forum, I can understand that.

Why was this thread

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/t...-pull-people-in-using-humor-and-gifs.3680231/

By @JosephDredd dumped? It was well sourced and not presented in an inflammatory way, except to the extent that people might get upset by the content.
This is the second time I had that thread pulled. The first time had an inflammatory title. I asked a mod about it a week ago and he said he'd get back to me about the correct way to repost it, but I found a second article about their neo-Nazi style guide and this one explored its psychology even more deeply so I went ahead and reposted it.

I keep trying to post it because we literally have posters playing these exact same games in the WR, but its been pulled twice now so I'll take the hint.

But I did see a poster literally call blacks "darkies" a month ago, so part if me is not impressed.

But I also don't want to be one of those dicks that always charge "the mods trying to shut down muh free idiot speech!" because the mods have an thankless job here and if they don't want this on the forum, I can understand that.

I dumped this one because of the discussion it was (or wasn't) generating, and the fact that the story, while critical, gave attention to a website we'd rather not promote here.
Rawstory/Alternet are no worse than a lot of the partisan trash that gets posted in the War Room, but that's not exactly a commendation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back