Ravens Flock: "RETURN OF THE OFFENSE" 2019 edition

I appreciate that stat on Collins' yards after contact, still no clue how his grade is that high. Whatever, it certainly wasn't his fault the offense looked so terrible. That O-Line is just lulzy at this point.

Ravens 23-16 Texans
Season: 6-5

Good game. Typical Ravens. Good defense besides not being able to stop Hopkins at all, but that's the first time I've seen Jimmy Smith get beat all year and Hopkins is special so I'm not worried about it. Still a lot of dumb play calls, but, whatever. Special teams and defense.

I think they actually lock down the Lions next week better than they did the Texans tonight.

Refocused: Baltimore Ravens 23, Houston Texans 16
BY PFF ANALYSIS TEAM • NOV 28, 2017
USATSI_10443331.jpg
Nov 27, 2017; Baltimore, MD, USA; Baltimore Ravens running back Javorius Allen (37) rules during the second quarter against the Houston Texans at M&T Bank Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Tommy Gilligan-USA TODAY Sports
The Baltimore Ravens defended their home turf at M&T Bank Stadium Monday night, defeating the Houston Texans 23-16.

QB Joe Flacco struggled statistically through the air, throwing for only 141 yards on 32 attempts. He had no turnovers but also no passing touchdowns, however he did have a 25-yard rush late in the fourth quarter that sealed the game for the Ravens.

QB Tom Savage was more prolific through the air, going 22-of-37 for 252 yards, but he also threw two picks on the night, including one on the fourth-quarter drive that would ultimately cost the Texans the game. RB Lamar Miller struggled to find room on the ground, rushing for 51 yards on 17 carries.

Defensively, both Baltimore’s Terrell Suggs and Houston’s Jadeveon Clowneyhad good nights, both coming away with at least one sack. With that, we give you our PFF-exclusive takeaways from the contest for each team.

BLT-Ravens-Header.png

TOP 5 GRADES:
DI Willie Henry, 89.1 overall grade

Edge Terrell Suggs, 88.2 overall grade

DI Brandon Williams, 86.9 overall grade

S Tony Jefferson, 83.4 overall grade

T Austin Howard, 81.5 overall grade

PERFORMANCES OF NOTE:
QB JOE FLACCO, 75.0 OVERALL GRADE

Joe Flacco managed the game well for Baltimore. He didn’t turn the ball over, however he was unable to connect with any passes over 20 yards through the air. Most of his passing yardage came from the short game, as he completed 18-of-22 passes that were under 10 yards in the air. He was granted decent protection throughout the night by his line, having been under pressure on only seven of his 36 dropbacks.

T AUSTIN HOWARD, 81.5 OVERALL GRADE
Austin Howard was strong in pass protection and did not allow a single pressure, leading to a grade of 84.7 in pass protection. Howard, like the Ravens offensive line, has had an up and down season, as he’s surrendered 21 pressures through 11 games. Baltimore’s lack of offensive weapons was obvious at times tonight as they struggled to push the ball downfield and sustain productive drives.

DI WILLIE HENRY, 89.1 OVERALL GRADE
Henry did it all for the Ravens defense up front on Monday night, finishing the game with mid-80 grades in both run defense (86.9) and as a pass-rusher (84.0). The former fourth-round pick out of Michigan tallied four pressures on 27 pass-rush snaps (three hurries and a hit), batted a pass and snagged one run stop on top of it all. Henry was disruptive on the interior of the line all night long and he’s in the midst of a nice three-game stretch in what has been a solid debut season for the second-year player (he didn’t play a regular season snap in 2016). Tonight marked his third consecutive game with an overall grade of at least 80.0.

EDGE TERRELL SUGGS, 88.2 OVERALL GRADE
The whole Ravens defensive front pretty much dominated the Texans offensive line tonight, with Suggs – and Brandon Williams – leading the way along with Henry. The future hall of famer led all edge defenders in Week 12 with eight pressures (six hurries and two sacks), with one of those being a strip sack to go with one run stop. Suggs has bounced back nicely this season after a bit of a disappointing season, by his standards, in 2016, he’s currently ranked 21st among edge defenders with an 84.6 overall grade this season.

HST-Texans-Header.png

TOP 5 GRADES:
WR DeAndre Hopkins, 88.0 overall grade

CB Johnathan Joseph, 85.5 overall grade

S Marcus Gilchrist, 85.1 overall grade

CB Kareem Jackson, 84.2 overall grade

CB Kevin Johnson, 81.8 overall grade

PERFORMANCES OF NOTE:
QB TOM SAVAGE, 51.5 OVERALL GRADE

Oh what pressure will do to a quarterback. Savage was sharp tonight when he was given time to throw, completing 16-of-20 passes for 200 yards and a 108.3 passer rating when he didn’t have to deal with pressure. When the Ravens were able to get pressure though (something they were able to do on 19 of 39 dropbacks) he completely melted down, connecting on just 6-of-17 passes for 52 yards and two interceptions on pressured throws, good for a 4.7 passer rating.

WR DEANDRE HOPKINS, 88.0 OVERALL GRADE
Hopkins hauled in seven of eight targets and earned 39 of his 125 yards after the catch, Tom Savage had a 118.8 passer rating when targeting his star receiver, he had a 45.1 passer rating when targeting anyone else on the Texans’ offense. Hopkins caught passes against three different coverage players tonight and five of his seven catches resulted in a Houston first down.

CB JOHNATHAN JOSEPH, 85.5 OVERALL GRADE
The veteran cornerback was impressive in coverage and limited opponents to only two receptions on eight targets. Joseph was matched up against the speedy Mike Wallace often and effectively shut him down, allowing only one reception on four targets for 24 yards against him. All three corners for the Texans played well, as each had a coverage grade above 80.0.

EDGE JADEVEON CLOWNEY, 81.0 OVERALL GRADE
Clowney was a menace in the first quarter for the Texans, recording a tackle for loss, sack and hit on the quarterback. His play quieted down after that with credit due to the Ravens offensive line and coaching staff finding ways to neutralize him. When on his game, Clowney has shown flashes of being an impressive run defender and it was on display tonight. Clowney recorded a run-defense grade of 86.7, which was tops on his team.

PFF GAME BALL: WILLIE HENRY, DI
HenryGameballW13.jpg

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-baltimore-ravens-23-houston-texans-16

---
@iwhoopedbatman you know what really encouraged me tonight? Jon Gruden's comments about the 2nd year players on the team REALLY standing out on defense: Willie Henry, Patrick Onwuasor, Matt Judon, (Zach Orr the year before was amazing but that congenital condition made him leave) etc. that were all virtually unknowns/late draft picks. Well, that's great news because the guys that will be showing up big next year are all HIGH draft picks and super well-regarded (plus, Tavon Young coming back, Maurice Canady, and Jaylen Hill, another undrafted rookie). Humphrey has already shown he's gonna be great, but I think I underestimated how long it takes to learn to play linebacker in the NFL.. and I read from a no-BS coach that Tyus Bowser will be a star, and Tim Williams might have had the most pass-rush potential of anyone in the draft. They just have to learn to play.

The one thing I wish we would have done as a team is just let Timmy Jernigan play out his rookie contract, because all we did was move up in the 6th round for him, but he is a GREAT run stopper and he got paid huge money in philly. That's why our run defense isn't as stout, he's basically just a little bit lesser than Brandon Williams, and we could have kept him for nothing for one more year. Oh well, Michael Piece is playing good and Willie Henry is, too.

I think the chances are high that we win out the season. We'll see. I just think things are clicking well enough on offense and the defense will get those turnovers every single game. I am a little disappointed to see the same dumbass 2 yd out plays with a fucking tight-end and I'm surprised that Danny Woodhead isn't being used better, but maybe that'll take time. I thought with him coming back we'd be throwing it to someone skilled and quick on those plays instead of Ben Watson, who I like, but isn't out-running anyone, those plays never work unless there is misdirection in the backfield to start with.

The offense looks too simple and then it looks too complicated and they run when they should pass and pass when they should run, but I think they're gonna keep winning. We'll get in the playoffs and the defense will continue to improve. SUPERBOWL! HERE WE COME!! :D

/fanmodeoff

Yeah, after that first drive, the defense really locked it down. Was a bit bothered by all the penalties, but some of those were kind of bullshit anyway and they cut them out later in the game.

Defense looked fairly dominant once again, although they gave up way too many 3rd and longs. Other than that I was very happy with them. When they got pressure good things happened. Kind of wish Dean would apply more of it, but given that the run game was completely shut down, he went a little conservative on 1st and 2nd down most of the night. Not sure what was up with the secondary leaving such huge holes on 3rd down over and over again, but they turned it on when they needed too. Agree that Hopkins beating Smith was both annoying and understandable. It really didn't hurt them that much anyway.

The offense, well at least they didn't turn it over. I've always supported Flacco, but if he's not willing to take a major pay cut, I'm fine with them going another direction at QB. He simply doesn't play like a guy who deserves 20% of the salary cap. For 141 yds, no TDs, no INTs, I'm sure there are plenty of young game managers they can get on the cheap. He did do a nice job running the ball. Rest of the offense, meh ok. Collins had his bursts, Allen pushing that pile into the endzone was awesome, WR's are fucking terrible except Wallace and he's not a superstar by any stretch. Even Maclin is pretty meh. Joe isn't great, but he gets little help from them. TE's looked fine. O-Line deserves props for adjusting to Clowney and not looking like Swiss cheese all night. They're not good, but they weren't bad either.

Ok, I'll do the grades up to this point and then one more time at the end of the season.

OFFENSE

QB-
Flacco - 71.4

WR-
JMaclin - 75.0
MWallace - 69.9
CMoore - 54.9
BPerriman - 38.6
MCampanaro - 48.6

Backs-
ACollins - 78.8
Buck Allen - 47.9
DWoodhead - 74.8
TWest - 45.2
PRicard - 79.5

Tight Ends-
NBoyle - 70.8
BWatson - 45.8 (big disappointment, thought he could effectively replace Pitta, was totally wrong about that)
MWilliams - 72.5
VMayle - 60.3

Center-
Ryan Jensen - 76.3

Guards-
JHurst - 43.7
MSkura - 40.5
JEluemunor - 39.3
LBowanko - 47.4
MYanda - 84.4 (oh, how we miss thee)

Tackles-
RStanley - 76.0
AHoward - 70.6

DEFENSE

CBs-

JSmith - 86.9
MHumphrey - 81.6 (Definitely the right pick in the first round, wow)
BCarr - 62.3
LWebb - 44.3
JHill - 73.7 (doesn't look like he's getting many reps this year)
Maurice Canady - 64.0

Safeties-
Tony Jefferson - 78.0
Eric Weddle - 75.4
Chuck Clark - 74.1 (6th round pick doing great on special teams)
Anthony Levine Sr. - 79.2

---Really happy that the safeties are grading much better, these grades were in the 40's and 50's in the early season for Jefferson and Weddle.

LBs-
POnwuasor - 78.1
CMosley - 73.4
KCorrea - 46.6

Interior Defenders-
BWilliams - 86.2
MPierce - 84.0
WHenry - 81.0
CDavis - 74.0
CWormley - 46.4 (eh, maybe not the best draft pick, could have gotten Kareem Hunt)
Bronson Kaufusi - 68.2

Edge Defenders-
TSuggs - 84.8
ZSmith - 70.0
MJudon - 69.5
TBowser - 66.8
TWilliams - 73.4
(Rookie picks Bowser and Williams grading decently, looking for breakout years next year)

---Pretty much the whole defense has graded better throughout the season. The offense has stayed the same or gone down.

Oh my gosh.. Jimmy Smith out with a torn achilles

Horrible!!

Fortunately Marlon Humphrey has been great and Canady is healthy and so is Jaylen Hill. But still man, damn, that was their best corner, that was who I've been talking about needing to be healthy for the past couple years and he's out for the year. Tough.

Ravens 44-20 Lions
Season: 7-5

Great game! First though, horrible loss of Jimmy Smith !! :eek: Gone for the year, torn achilles -- My preseason hope was for him to stay healthy... but, Marlon Humphrey has played well this year and Canady is playing good, Jaylen Hill will start getting playing time now. Those are all good players, but they're young and they're not Jimmy Smith.

I feel like this makes next week vs. the Steelers much more difficult as Smith can cover Brown pretty well, but Humphrey and Carr are most likely going to struggle.

Still, the offense looked great today, I think they can look this good every game and maybe we're seeing an up-turn for the rest of the season. Hopefully.

I just want to make one more post mourning the loss of Jimmy Smith :'(

This was the graphic before the game, he was the top-graded player on the team... and it's traumatic for me (lol) bc, literally, missing him last year was the reason the team missed the playoffs. BUT, the secondary is way better this year all around so they should be OK.

DQHwTXYUMAIE8ou.jpg

^^ major props to t-sizzle for dominating in year 15 tho

Refocused: Baltimore Ravens 44, Detroit Lions 20
BY PFF ANALYSIS TEAM • DEC 3, 2017
USATSI_10458401-copy.jpg
Dec 3, 2017; Baltimore, MD, USA; Baltimore Ravens safety Eric Weddle (32) celebrates while returning an interception for a touchdown in the fourth quarter against the Detroit Lions at M&T Bank Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Evan Habeeb-USA TODAY Sports
Baltimore RavensJoe Flacco and Alex Collins combined for 344 yards and four touchdowns in their 44-20 win over the visiting Detroit Lions on Sunday.

Conversely, the Lions’ backfield combined for just 78 rush yards on 24 carries. Quarterback Matthew Stafford completed 24-of-29 passes for 292 yards and one touchdown, but his efforts simply weren’t enough to overcome the Ravens’ onslaught.

With that, we give you our PFF-exclusive takeaways from the contest for each team.

BLT-Ravens-Header.png

TOP 5 GRADES:
HB Alex Collins, 89.1 overall grade

S Eric Weddle, 88.2 overall grade

Edge Terrell Suggs, 87.3 overall grade

QB Joe Flacco, 86.8 overall grade

T Ronnie Stanley, 84.1 overall grade

PERFORMANCES OF NOTE:
HB ALEX COLLINS, 89.1 OVERALL GRADE

Collins was the Ravens’ biggest offensive weapon in this game, though his 75 yards on 15 carries may not make that obvious. But Collins managed to gain those 75 yards despite averaging just 0.6 yards before contact per rush. He forced five missed tackles and gained 66 yards after contact, which worked out for an impressive elusive rating of 129.4

QB JOE FLACCO, 86.8 OVERALL GRADE
Flacco hasn’t had the greatest season, but he played very well in this game. He finished the game with an adjusted completion percentage of 78.8 percent and wasn’t just checking the ball down. He attempted 12 passes more than 10 yards downfield. Flacco was especially solid when he was kept clean, as evidenced by his 8.5 yards per attempt average and 118.2 passer ratingwhen clean, compared to 1.0 yards per attempt and a 39.6 rating on pressured plays.

S ERIC WEDDLE, 88.2 OVERALL GRADE
Weddle made two huge plays, the first was a sack and forced fumble when the Lions were driving, saving his team at least three points. Then, when Jake Ruddock was hit, he intercepted an arrant pass and returned it for a touchdown to put the game well out of reach of the Lions.

EDGE TERRELL SUGGS, 87.3 OVERALL GRADE
Suggs manages to roll back the clock on a weekly basis. He is still a force in the run game and also recorded five total pressures (one sack and four hurries) to bring his season total to 48 total pressures, which is the 16th-most for edge rushers this season.

DET-Lions-Header.png

TOP 5 GRADES:
TE Eric Ebron, 82.8 overall grade

C Graham Glasgow, 82.7 overall grade

TE Michael Roberts, 81.7 overall grade

QB Matthew Stafford, 79.7 overall grade

DI A’Shawn Robinson, 78.1 overall grade

PERFORMANCES OF NOTE:
QB MATTHEW STAFFORD, 79.7 OVERALL GRADE

The Lions where unable to get much going on offense in the first half, but once they got behind and started throwing, the play of Matthew Staford was very good. Stafford only had five incomplete passes all game, two of which where dropped and 4-of-5 incompletions where passes over 20 yards downfield. Stafford had an adjusted ompletion percentage of 89.7 percent.

WR MARVIN JONES, 75.5 OVERALL GRADE
Jones was the the big play reciever for the Lions, where everyone else struggled to get chunk yards Jones recorded 90 yards on four receptions on just eight targets. Jones was matched up most of the game against Marlon Humphrey, where he recorded 89 yards on six targets.

DI A’SHAWN ROBINSON, 78.1 OVERALL GRADE
While the Ravens’ defensive line absolutely manhandled the Lions defense in the pass game, Robinson was able to find success against the run. Despite making just one solo run stop, Robinson finished the game with an 84.8 run defense grade. He was a constant disrupting factor on inside runs and frequently forced Ravens’ RBs to bounce runs outside.

EDGE EZEKIEL ANSAH, 75.0 OVERALL GRADE
Ansah was another player who got very little going in the pass rush game, failing to record a single pressure on 20 pass-rushes. However, he finished the game with a team-high 90.9 run defense grade. Ansah had two solo run stopsand three more tackles, on top of multiple plays in which he forced the Ravens’ RBs to change their point of attack.

PFF GAME BALL: ALEX COLLINS, RB
Alex-Collins-Game-Ball-RS17WK13.png

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-baltimore-ravens-44-detroit-lions-20

It was a great, if costly, win yesterday. Losing Smith just sucks in so many ways. Plus an Achilles tear is going to be really hard for a corner to come back from. Any word on how long Mosley is out for too?

The offense did look good. I was amazed how much time Flacco got. He's actually really good when he does. He was hitting people in stride, threading needles, the whole 9. Great stuff. Then the running game was effective as well. Collins looked good and Buck pushing that one TD in was amazing. Love how he takes contact and just says, 'fuck that, I'm still going'. Wallace and Maclin both had really good games to my eyes, though I didn't check the stats. I believe every player that was targeted caught at least one pass and Joe was throwing to everyone, so that was a nice change. Again, the O-Line having their best game of the season was definitely the biggest factor there.

Defense was outstanding in the first half. Not going to lie, they scared me when Detroit came out in the second half and immediately took momentum. Seemed like it took them a while to adjust to no Smith/Mosley. And frankly, the secondary really didn't adjust that well. Stafford had a long stretch of completions and played well until he hurt his hand. What the defense did do well was ramp up the pressure on him when the secondary started struggling. The interception by Stafford and then the awesome spear of Rudock/Pick 6 by Weddle were the bet examples of this. Seeing the offense take advantage of that first interception was great as well.

Overall, really solid win. Just hope the loss of personnel isn't the real story. Adjustments will have to be made. They will need to increase QB pressure going forward.

It was a great, if costly, win yesterday. Losing Smith just sucks in so many ways. Plus an Achilles tear is going to be really hard for a corner to come back from. Any word on how long Mosley is out for too?

The offense did look good. I was amazed how much time Flacco got. He's actually really good when he does. He was hitting people in stride, threading needles, the whole 9. Great stuff. Then the running game was effective as well. Collins looked good and Buck pushing that one TD in was amazing. Love how he takes contact and just says, 'fuck that, I'm still going'. Wallace and Maclin both had really good games to my eyes, though I didn't check the stats. I believe every player that was targeted caught at least one pass and Joe was throwing to everyone, so that was a nice change. Again, the O-Line having their best game of the season was definitely the biggest factor there.

Defense was outstanding in the first half. Not going to lie, they scared me when Detroit came out in the second half and immediately took momentum. Seemed like it took them a while to adjust to no Smith/Mosley. And frankly, the secondary really didn't adjust that well. Stafford had a long stretch of completions and played well until he hurt his hand. What the defense did do well was ramp up the pressure on him when the secondary started struggling. The interception by Stafford and then the awesome spear of Rudock/Pick 6 by Weddle were the bet examples of this. Seeing the offense take advantage of that first interception was great as well.

Overall, really solid win. Just hope the loss of personnel isn't the real story. Adjustments will have to be made. They will need to increase QB pressure going forward.

Next week is the most important game of the season. If the offense has really turned a corner, we need to see it vs. a good defense and the Steelers provide that test.

Next week is the most important game of the season. If the offense has really turned a corner, we need to see it vs. a good defense and the Steelers provide that test.
Dean needs to ramp up the pressure on Big Rape. Can't give him all day or it'll get ugly fast. I don't expect a repeat of this vs. the Steelers, but if the offense can give them 24+, they've got to make that stand.

Please, oh please let the Steelers be looking past this game.

Ravens 38-39 Steelers
Season: 7-6

Overall, encouraging game because the Ravens should have won this game easily. Not having Jimmy Smith REALLY hurt, but, against everyone else it won't be so bad. This game was lost on two or three awful drives in the 2nd half for the Ravens offense. Run the ball a few more times and this game is iced.

If the Ravens make the playoffs, I like how the team is looking.

Refocused: Pittsburgh Steelers 39, Baltimore Ravens 38
BY PFF ANALYSIS TEAM • DEC 11, 2017
USATSI_10473306.jpg
Dec 10, 2017; Pittsburgh, PA, USA; Pittsburgh Steelers running back Le'Veon Bell (26) scores a touchdown against Baltimore Ravens strong safety Tony Jefferson (23) during the second quarter at Heinz Field. Mandatory Credit: Charles LeClaire-USA TODAY Sports
The Pittsburgh Steelers outlasted the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday night, winning 39-38 after being behind the majority of the second half.

QB Joe Flacco had a solid night, going 20-of-35 for 269 yards and throwing two touchdowns compared to just one interception. RB Alex Collins had an good statistical game, rushing for 120 yards on 18 carries. WR Mike Wallacewas the Ravens’ leading receiver in the game, catching three passes for 72 yards.

As usual, QB Ben Roethlisberger, RB Le’veon Bell, and WR Antonio Brownwere critical to the Steelers’ success on offense. Bell had two touchdowns on the ground and a third through the air, Roethlisberger passed for over 500 yards and two touchdowns overall. Brown contributed no less than 213 receiving yards, 34 of which came on one reception to put Chris Boswell in range to kick the field goal that would put them up for good. With that, we give you our PFF-exclusive takeaways from the contest for each team.

TOP 5 GRADES:
Edge T.J. Watt, 86.2 overall grade

TE Vance McDonald, 84.5 overall grade

DI Stephon Tuitt, 83.4 overall grade

RB Le’Veon Bell, 82.3 overall grade

WR Antonio Brown, 80.3 overall grade

PERFORMANCES OF NOTE:
WR ANTONIO BROWN, 80.3 OVERALL GRADE

Despite not finding the end zone for the first time in a month, Brown had highly productive game, with a season-high 213 receiving yards on 11 catches. He did, however, fumble the ball once and while it was fortunate for him that the ball ended up out of bounds, it did impact his grade.

RB LE’VEON BELL, 82.3 OVERALL GRADE
The Steelers didn’t run the ball much, but Bell did his best to make the most of his runs despite a below-average night from the offensive line. He forced three missed tackles as a runner and found the end zone twice. In addition, he caught nine passes on 10 targets for 77 yards and a third touchdown.

EDGE T.J. WATT, 86.2 OVERALL GRADE
It was Watt’s sack-fumble on the Ravens’ Joe Flacco which ended the game but he had been productive up to that point rushing the passer. Watt finished with a career high six total pressures and three stops in the run game. He’s had a productive rookie year for the Steelers, tallying 28 total pressures and notching 25 stops.

DI STEPHON TUITT, 83.4 OVERALL GRADE
The fourth-year player out of Notre Dame has been an integral part of the Steelers defense and occasionally gets overlooked with the likes of Cameron Heyward on the defensive front. Tuitt has been a consistently good pass-rusher since entering the league and he added six more pressures tonight, giving him 33 total on the season.

TOP 5 GRADES:
RB Alex Collins, 88.6 overall grade

S Anthony Levine Sr., 81.2 overall grade

CB Marlon Humphrey, 81.0 overall grade

Edge Terrell Suggs, 80.8 overall grade

S Tony Jefferson, 80.6 overall grade

PERFORMANCES OF NOTE:
RB ALEX COLLINS, 88.6 OVERALL GRADE

Collins ran through and around the Pittsburgh defense, he forced ten total missed tackles and 95 of his 120 rushing yards came after contact. His only blemish was a fumble in the first half after catching a pass, other than that Collins played his best game of the season. He has now forced 30 missed tackles in the ground game, with 500 of his 825 yards coming after contact.

QB JOE FLACCO, 53.9 OVERALL GRADE
Flacco was able to find success under pressure, averaging 10.9 yards per attempt and going 8-of-14 while under duress but it was the sack fumble on the last play which ultimately cost the Ravens. 19 of Flacco’s 35 attempts traveled under 10 yards through the air but he didn’t shy away from taking deep shots, going 2-of-5 for 70 yards on throws over 20 yards.

EDGE TERRELL SUGGS, 80.8 OVERALL GRADE
For the third consecutive week, Suggs finished the game with seven total pressures after having five-plus pressures in just one game over the first 11 weeks of the season. He had one sack and six hurries, largely coming against RT Chris Hubbard.

CB MARLON HUMPHREY, 81.0 OVERALL GRADE
While Brandon Carr struggled in coverage, Humphrey had a pretty solid outing overall. He was targeted 12 times, allowing just six completions for 37 yards, only two of which went for first downs. When he was covering Antonio Brown, he allowed just two catches for seven total yards on five targets.

PFF GAME BALL: T.J. WATT, EDGE
T.J.-Watt-Game-Ball-RS17WK14v1.jpg

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-pittsburgh-steelers-39-baltimore-ravens-38

What I don't understand is that Chuck Clark is getting playing time, but Jaylen Hill is a scratch every week. I know they play different positions and maybe Canady takes ALL of Hill's snaps, but still, I'm surprised.

If they would have run the ball every single time on those 2 failed 4th quarter possessions they likely would have scored touchdowns or at least ate up more clock. The Ravens playcalling is just so bad sometimes, but overall, the offense is looking way better but those crucial moments where they fuck up really do matter. Ugh.

Great game for Marlon Humphrey and a really good sign for the Ravens that teams are already choosing to avoid him.

Ravens 27-10 Browns
Season: 8-6

Good game!! Couple notes... I thought the offense would be at its best today passing the ball, and they weren't quite what I expected but Flacco put up the most yards he has all season. One of the reasons the offense didn't play as well were some drops by Chris Moore who had been playing well lately, so that was disappointing. I missed some portions of this game, but it was Ravens as usual except vs. a very good run defense so Alex Collins was limited. Like I said, I thought the offense would look their best, and I guess they did, it just wasn't as nice as I thought. I predicted 37-7, so this was good, but I wanted a little more out of the offense. Still, improvement is improvement. Getting better every week. I'm liking what I'm seeing from Mike Wallace, too.

One thing I really don't understand is the PFF grade for Buck Allen. Almost every single game I look at him as a key player for the offense (RB), their best short-yardage back, even though he's small in frame, and someone that gets extra yards every single carry. Like, he pushes the pile constantly -- I love when he gets the ball. But they only grade him at a fucking 49.9 on PFF? You would think, with that grade, he was hurting the team, but I think he's vital to what little success they do have on offense.

No idea how that works. Hoping the offense keeps building momentum because they're gonna need it as the Ravens are likely matching up with the Jaguars in the first round of the playoffs if they do make it in... and their defense is incredible.

OH!!! Coaching rumors/hopes: Marvin Lewis is leaving the Bengals and there are strong rumors that Dean Pees is retiring (and I am hoping that he does bc I'm starting to believe it's his scheme and not the personnel that are fucking the Ravens at the end of games), so I think it would be great if Marvin Lewis came back as a defensive coordinator. Gary Kubiak wants to come back to coaching as well as a coordinator.... Dream scenario: HC - Harbaugh, DC - Marvin Lewis, OC - Gary Kubiak.

I can only hope :)

Back