Not open for further replies.

EzFlyer

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
http://www.sherdog.com/events/UFC-219-Cyborg-vs-Holm-61993

ByiAMj0cSrOFGAVJe4Gexw.png

6749.png

So will Holm be stopped or will Cyborg get a decision?

Those odds are about right although I would probably better on Cyborg.

Cyborg probably has every edge except for swinging at air while making obnoxious noises like those tennis chicks. Holly Holm is world class at that. I also wouldn't worry about Cyborg's gas tank. She has clearly evolved her game to where she can pace herself while still possessing unparalleled power at 45. I'm surprised at the short line. I expected Cyborg to be at least -500 but I understand that Holm will be riding on the Ronda KO for the rest of her career and she will get plenty of action at the books.

Best bet on Cyborg/Holm bout is over 1½ at -207 now. I took it to win 1 unit.

Best bet on Cyborg/Holm bout is over 1½ at -207 now. I took it to win 1 unit.

I'd be curious to hear why. Holm was KO'd in both of her boxing losses so it's not like her chin is unbreakable, and I'd be terrified to lay -207 juice on almost anybody to survive 7.5 minutes vs Cyborg.

I'd be curious to hear why. Holm was KO'd in both of her boxing losses so it's not like her chin is unbreakable, and I'd be terrified to lay -207 juice on almost anybody to survive 7.5 minutes vs Cyborg.
Holm is a good size even at 145 pounds, she's a skilled striker in her own right and has good defense. Toyna Evinger lasted until the third round with Cyborg in her most recent fight, even Lina Lansberg came within one second of cashing the over 1½ in the fight before that. Cyborg has fought a lot more carefully as well against the better competition she has faced as of late and she's even commented on that fact in interviews. She's not going to go in there and blow through someone of Holly's caliber in the UFC like she did earlier in her career against lesser opposition. I'm not very worried about this going a couple of rounds.

I like Cyborg sub at +1200. Holm has shit sub def and is tough. Club and sub RNC very possible

Barboza is 4.45 at Marathon. Pretty small limits though. 3.45 at Ohmbet.

Curious as to why they're feeding Meek to Usman? There's no reason he shouldn't have a top 10 WW by now

Curious as to why they're feeding Meek to Usman? There's no reason he shouldn't have a top 10 WW by now

What I’ve heard he’s the only one who wants to face Usman. Fighters are getting way more careful who they fight, and up and comers just outside of top ten carries little upside and lot of danger. Look at Till Cerrone or Cub - Ortega.

What I’ve heard he’s the only one who wants to face Usman. Fighters are getting way more careful who they fight, and up and comers just outside of top ten carries little upside and lot of danger. Look at Till Cerrone or Cub - Ortega.

True but Till and Ortega were a lot more threatening to their opponents than Meek is to Usman. Those were soon-to-be top 10 stayers, Meek doesn't have much going for him other than that he KO'd palhares

True but Till and Ortega were a lot more threatening to their opponents than Meek is to Usman. Those were soon-to-be top 10 stayers, Meek doesn't have much going for him other than that he KO'd palhares

meek also looked suspciously more like a mutant in that fight than he does today.

Sorry, I meant Usman won’t get a better opponent cause no one wants him. Cerrone and Cub both fought those up and comers and lost big. A win over Ortega or Till wouldn’t have done much for their ranking (maybe a bit for Cub), but a loss set them back a lot. Usman is in that same position as Ortega and Till.

On paper Holm has a good stylistic matchup here, but I can't help but think Cris will just blow through her.

Sorry, I meant Usman won’t get a better opponent cause no one wants him. Cerrone and Cub both fought those up and comers and lost big. A win over Ortega or Till wouldn’t have done much for their ranking (maybe a bit for Cub), but a loss set them back a lot. Usman is in that same position as Ortega and Till.
Bingo. This guy is good enough to win the title and no big name wins yet. No one is risking their position fighting & losing to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back