CSA gyms coach Kirian

shincheckin

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
So I was browsing around CSA gyms website today. I wasnt really able to find much information on their website. Everything was just really general, there was no "about the coaches" section or anything like that. It actually doesnt even say who runs the muay thai classes, when you click muay thai, it just gives a brief description of what it is and says this:

"CSA Muay Thai classes teach our unique striking system created by Coach Kirian. This system was developed through years of competition and international teaching experience. It combines Western Boxing footwork and punching, with traditional Muay Thai kicks, knees, elbows, and clinch, with Dutch Style hand and leg combinations, which offers a perfect marriage of these three stand up disciplines."

so this leads me to my question. what is coach Kirians first name, now I know that he is a good coach and pad holder etc. but does anyone know anything about him as far as background? was he a fighter? pro fighter? if so what sport? etc etc. just wondering what type of background and experience he has himself outside of coaching.

Kirian is his first name. His last name is Fitzgibbons. He actually came from the same gym I did, but like 15 or so years before I was there. I believe it was called Sonoma County Martial Arts then. His trainer there was Herb Cody Sr. After that he went and trained elsewhere I believe he spent time at Fairtex as well with the usual Bay Area Muay Thai suspects. Honestly don't know much more beyond that. I've been to his gym multiple times and it's an excellent facility. I don't believe he fought professionally and became focused on being a trainer. I'm sure he did smokes/amature fights early on though.

He brings in pro fighters for seminars quite a bit. I've got to go to classes ran by Ramon Dekkers, Andy Souwer, Jongsanan, Sakmongkol there.

Last edited:
Kirian is his first name. His last name is Fitzgibbons. He actually came from the same gym I did, but like 15 or so years before I was there. I believe it was called Sonoma County Martial Arts then. His trainer there was Herb Cody Sr. After that he went and trained elsewhere I believe he spent time at Fairtex as well with the usual Bay Area Muay Thai suspects. Honestly don't know much more beyond that. I've been to his gym multiple times and it's an excellent facility. I don't believe he fought professionally and became focused on being a trainer. I'm sure he did smokes/amature fights early on though.

He brings in pro fighters for seminars quite a bit. I've got to go to classes ran by Ramon Dekkers, Andy Souwer, Jongsanan, Sakmongkol there.

thats dope i would like to train there myself one day as well, try and line it up when damien trainor is there would be great. CSA stands out for sure as one of the top gyms in the US. I am just wondering about his fight background because he is a good coach, and a successful coach and successful at running a business. many people will doubt someones coaching capabilities if they werent previously professional fighters themselves. but i think he is a good example of how a good coach doesnt need to have been a top level fighter.

dude post up some videos of you training and fighting.

Last edited:
"CSA Muay Thai classes teach our unique striking system created by Coach Kirian. This system was developed through years of competition and international teaching experience. It combines Western Boxing footwork and punching, with traditional Muay Thai kicks, knees, elbows, and clinch, with Dutch Style hand and leg combinations, which offers a perfect marriage of these three stand up disciplines."

Predictably annoying.

He has a reputation of being a very hard headed person, and very full of himself.

But, he knows his stuff and his fighters are at the top level of american combat sports.

If you go on his Insta page, he shows clips of his fighters teaching classes. I'd think they are usually put on by fighters, his boxing coach ( a million styles boxing I think ) or himself.

He has some sort of "secret squirrel" bullshit backstory about being a CIA operative, or secret security, etc. Goes with his Krav Certifications lol.

His coaches' clinic he does once a year is not only built around his combat system - but also his business model.

If you go there, be prepared to NETWORK with other gyms and gym owners.

Lastly, if you're expecting 1 on 1 time with Kirian, expect to pay for it. Supposedly he spends most of his time with his main athletes / fighters and not with the pliebs.

That's all second hand information, so take it with a grain of salt.

He has a reputation of being a very hard headed person, and very full of himself.

But, he knows his stuff and his fighters are at the top level of american combat sports.

If you go on his Insta page, he shows clips of his fighters teaching classes. I'd think they are usually put on by fighters, his boxing coach ( a million styles boxing I think ) or himself.

He has some sort of "secret squirrel" bullshit backstory about being a CIA operative, or secret security, etc. Goes with his Krav Certifications lol.

His coaches' clinic he does once a year is not only built around his combat system - but also his business model.

Lastly, if you're expecting 1 on 1 time with Kirian, expect to pay for it. Supposedly he spends most of his time with his main athletes / fighters and not with the pliebs.

@Snubnoze707 trains there, lets ask him.

@Snubnoze707 trains there, lets ask him.
To be fair, I've just gone to a handful of seminars there. Dublin is way too far of a drive for me to train there. Since the last time I was there they have expanded the gym twice, big huge facility now.

His assessment seems right though from what I've gathered in person and seen on instagram. Kirian was super nice to me everytime I was there, but he also knew what gym I was coming from so there's that.

He most certainly knows how to train fighters and run a gym. There's no taking away from that.

I would be swinging through for lessons and seminars if I was in the area without a doubt like @Snubnoze707 did.

It’s good to know my reputation proceeds me here and it’s a reminder why I haven’t been on the forums in many years.

So since many seem to have legit questions and some others have bad information; here are some answers.

Yes I fought. I fought in multiple combat sport disciplines; Boxing, Kickboxing, San Shou etc. I won a couple Ammie titles with the IKKC back in the day, I was a decent fighter, with that said I’m a much better Coach.

As far as my Bullshit “secret squirrel” background goes... yeah it’s true and it’s not very “secret” or hard to verify ...When I was fighting and teaching martial artsin the late 80’s early 90’s there wasn’t much money to be made... as a pro I once made $500 and I was running a gym for free for someone else.

Not really something to raise a family with ... so when I stopped fighting I had to get a real job... that ended up being in the dignitary protection field, if one truly wants to check /verify my background just google my name and go a few pages back or google “Kirian Fitzgibbons Executive Security” there’s lots of stories, interviews from my time as a State department contractor, doing presidential protection, Tactical Training and running one of the largest global risk management companies in the world. Google is your friend....

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sfgate.com/business/amp/The-anti-assassin-academy-2634753.php

As far as being hard headed and full of my self... I would tend to disagree... I think I’m a pretty cool cat... but to each there own . I will tell you this because of my exp and background I’m a tell it how it is kinda guy, I don’t blow smoke up peoples asses and Ispeak my mind to everyone and anyone. If that makes me “hard headed” then I be it...lol.

So here comes what I guess makes me “full of my self” ... I’m more than happy to tell anyone and everyone CSA is with out question the top stand up gym in NorthAmerica... this is not conjecture this is fact.

I have coached over 20 world Champions in every style of combat sports; Muaythai,Kickboxing, MMA, Boxing etc. CSA is home to multiple WBC, WMC, IFMA, ISKA, IKF, LionFight, Bellator Kickboxing, Bellator MMA, King of the Cage, K-1, Kings Cup, Queens Cup, World Champions on and on and on. This is not opinion this is fact. Name another gym in North America that has done what we have done in Muaythai?

I’ve Coached the US Muaythai Team at the IFMA World Championships in ThailandMultiple Times with the teams I’ve coached winning dozens of medals. Again all verifiable information if one were so inclined.

As far as my gym goes... yeah it’s successful (for a reason) I have over 1,300 Members and 30+ Active Fighters who I sponsor (that’s right pro fighters don’t pay me a dime to coach them ... I have never and will never take a penny from a pro fighter)

To correct another misconception...I teach most of the classes at my gym and my fighters take class along side my regular members... if you want to work with me just take my class Mon-Friday.

As far as doing “pad work” with me that’sanother story... you don’t have to “pay a pretty penny” to do pads with me... because you can’t pay me for pads... I simply don’t do private lessons... I have 30 fighters and only 24 hours in the day if I’m selling my services to anyone for money then I can’t train my team. If I’m holding pads for you it’s because I choose to not because your paying me too.

As far as my coaches clinic goes; it works; I open my doors, I teach people my entire coaching system and how I run my gymevery day... the people who have gone through the clinic now have bigger and better gyms and are training their own world champions. This is again fact.

This information is based on 1st hand knowledge not 2nd hand info, hearsay and conjecture... but hey what do I know .

Oh and I’m a Virgo! Any other questions???

Last edited:
To be fair, I've just gone to a handful of seminars there. Dublin is way too far of a drive for me to train there. Since the last time I was there they have expanded the gym twice, big huge facility now.

His assessment seems right though from what I've gathered in person and seen on instagram. Kirian was super nice to me everytime I was there, but he also knew what gym I was coming from so there's that.

The assessment seems accurate... but of course I was only nice to you every single time you’ve come to my gym because why? You trained at a gym I trained at 30 years ago... or maybe I’m just a nice guy... hmmm I wonder

The assessment seems accurate... but of course I was only nice to you every single time you’ve come to my gym because why? You trained at a gym I trained at 30 years ago... or maybe I’m just a nice guy... hmmm I wonder
I was more along the lines of agreeing with statements like:

"But, he knows his stuff and his fighters are at the top level of american combat sports."

I wasn't implying you were only nice to me because I was trained by Herb, I just gave context because I can only speak on my interactions. I've pointed out multiple times in this forum that you are always nice and have a great gym environment.

@ctrlaltdelete was shooting off the cuff and even admitted he wasn't 100% on his assessment. I don't think he was trying to hate on you...

Last edited:
@xkirian
Thanks for responding and setting the record straight. I was only regurgitating rumors, it is is a good thing that you found the post and could give us all your side.

The podcast that was put up recently was a good listen as well.

I am sorry if I offended you, and I am sure that I did. It was not what I was trying to do.

Last edited:
was going to post some stuff from his IG but the man responded himself. case closed.

hoping to do a tour of all the gyms in cali eventually and check out CSA as well...big fan of kevin ross and gaston.

@xkirian
Thanks for responding and setting the record straight. I was only regurgitating rumors, it is is a good thing that you found the post and could give us all your side.

The podcast that was put up recently was a good listen as well.

I am sorry if I offended you, and I am sure that I did. It was not what I was trying to do.

I appreciate your willingness with the apology; accepted, respected and all good. Anyone and everyone is welcome to come visit CSA and make up your own minds about me, my team and my gym ;).

So I was browsing around CSA gyms website today. I wasnt really able to find much information on their website. Everything was just really general, there was no "about the coaches" section or anything like that. It actually doesnt even say who runs the muay thai classes, when you click muay thai, it just gives a brief description of what it is and says this:

so this leads me to my question. what is coach Kirians first name, now I know that he is a good coach and pad holder etc. but does anyone know anything about him as far as background? was he a fighter? pro fighter? if so what sport? etc etc. just wondering what type of background and experience he has himself outside of coaching.

Feel free to stop by and check us out

I wish every gym had a coach like Kirian. I train at a gym that has the opportunity and talent to be great like CSA but the sad downfall is the coach and gym owner do not put anywhere near the effort CSA does for their members.

Back