Who was the best Seattle grunge singer?

How does Andrew Wood still get so much love? MLB was a cockrock band and they sucked.

Out of the four listed in the OP, the only answer I can give is Vedder is the one who doesn't belong. The other three were amazing in different ways.

You don't understand the difference btw soul and fakery.

Yeah, I'm not even a huge Pearl Jam fan, but I've never heard a band play as flawlessly live as them.

The band members are awesome it's just Vedder and his hollow emotion.. but the band had just lost their gifted singer and were in the hole with their record company, had to try... and it worked, grunge was it and the masses lapped it up.

Andrew Wood for me, Eddie is terrible, a charlatan. Of the listed, Chris Cornell, who's best work was ironically in tribute to Wood. Kurt was pretty good too.
Eddie being terrible and a charlatan {<jordan}

Had nothing toDo with polished.

It had to do with pearl jam
Being the biggest posers outta the grunge scene. Which they were
You sir have no fucking idea of what you are talking about.
The reason by Pearl Jam fans have stayed soooo loyal after all this years is cuz they actually tried to get away from grunge and recorded the music they wanted literally on small studios and sometimes houses for the longest time.

You can call them “sell outs” if you want to, cuz they literally “sell out” every damn tour they play.

You sir have no fucking idea of what you are talking about.
The reason by Pearl Jam fans have stayed soooo loyal after all this years is cuz they actually tried to get away from grunge and recorded the music they wanted literally on small studios and sometimes houses for the longest time.

You can call them “sell outs” if you want to, cuz they literally “sell out” every damn tour they play.

It's because they're the most poser out of the bands and the masses love easily digestible music.

It also helps their front man is still alive

"most poser band"

Stop feeding this troll with replies, we already know what he's going to say.

It's because they're the most poser out of the bands and the masses love easily digestible music.

It also helps their front man is still alive
So cuz Eddie is alive that makes Pearl Jam a bunch of posers and sell outs
<mma4>

So cuz Eddie is alive that makes Pearl Jam a bunch of posers and sell outs
<mma4>

No it helps them still stay relevant. That's all I meant by it and I didn't say I hated pearl jam just they outta that era they were my least favorite outta the big name bands

Pearl Jam is kind of the opposite of selling out.

Before opening this thread, I knew people were going to say Andrew Wood. That dude couldn't even hold a candle to Staley, Cornell and Vedder. They aren't even in the same universe when it comes to vocals.

I got Cornell number 1 but I have Mark Lanegan in at number 2. I think Lanegan is really underrated, as is Screaming Trees in general. They were definitely one of the best bands to ever come out of that scene.

1. Cornell
2. Lanegan
3. Vedder
4. Stayley
5. Cobain

Cornell had THE voice. Nobody came close to his vocal girth.

I got Cornell number 1 but I have Mark Lanegan in at number 2. I think Lanegan is really underrated, as is Screaming Trees in general. They were definitely one of the best bands to ever come out of that scene.

1. Cornell
2. Lanegan
3. Vedder
4. Stayley
5. Cobain
Putting Vedder above Staley as a vocalist doesn't work for me but Screaming Trees are criminally underappreciated amongst the bands from that scene/era and yea Lanegan was the shit.

The best Seattle musician is Hendrix. Could sing better than any of those guys as well.
The grunge guys are a distant second.

Eddie Vedder always seemed fake to me, like a manufactured x factor form of emotion.

Eddie doesn't have a fake bone in his body and is one of the coolest MFs on the planet.

I don't know if you know, but he toured with Mike Watt in the mid 90's using a pseudonym and played in like 200 seat clubs at the height of PJ's popularity. Who the hell does that?

Back