Locked TV Show Thread (Hitman TV Series from Hulu; Jordan Peele's Twilight Zone Reboot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else not digging stranger things?
I struggled through s.1. tried to stick with it but s.2 is just as bad. i mean its watchable but very overrated. imho

i think the nostalgic shit is the only reason people are losing their minds over this show.

I struggled through s.1. tried to stick with it but s.2 is just as bad. i mean its watchable but very overrated. imho

i think the nostalgic shit is the only reason people are losing their minds over this show.

It's not based on some shitty comic or a procedural show.

People are desperate for something different.

More or less been my experience.

I think the writers mistake building tension with getting to the point. Which is a problem a lot of Netflix series seem to have.

THE MARVELOUS MRS. MAISEL

New Amazon comedy-drama series about an aspiring female stand up comedian in the 1950s. Watched the first two episodes and I loved it. Rachel Brosnahan is fantastic. She's just so vibrant and lively. Her role in here is the complete opposite of her dour role in House of Cards. The supporting characters are great as well.

Rachel goes topless in episode one and she has one of the best boobs I've seen recently on TV.

the-marvelous-mrs-maisel.jpg

@Loiosh

Duffer Brothers' STRANGER THINGS Renewed for Season 3 at Netflix

Netflix is returning to the Upside Down. The streaming giant has renewed the Duffer brothers' breakout hit Stranger Things for a third season. A return date has not yet been determined for the supernatural drama about the happenings brimming beneath the surface of a small American town.

While Netflix — like fellow streamers Amazon and Hulu — does not release viewership information, measurement leader Nielsen cited an audience of 15.8 million viewers who watched the season two premiere within three days of its launch. (And nearly 11 million of them were among the key adults 18-49 demographic.) Nielsen also found that 361,000 Netflix subscribers streamed the entire nine-episode second season within 24 hours of its debut. (Netflix declined comment on the Nielsen findings.) Stranger Things 2 also was crowned the most popular show in the country, according to data company Parrot Analytics.

Still, even without ratings from Netflix, Stranger Things ranks as the service's biggest franchise. The series, which collected 18 Emmy nominations (taking home five) is pulling Netflix into a new business with a series of licensing deals for clothing, posters, toys and collectibles. Given the breakout success of the show (which is owned in-house) and lucrative licensing deals, the show's child stars are said to be banding together to renegotiate their contracts for upcoming seasons.

In September, sources told THR that stars Finn Wolfhard, Millie Bobby Brown, Gaten Matarazzo and Caleb McLaughlin each got $30,000 per episode for the first and second seasons with a bonus — less than six figures — once it became clear that the show was a phenomenon. While the cast is signed for six years, talent reps say a renegotiation will happen in early 2018. One question yet to be addressed: whether the show's breakout, 13-year-old Brown, will negotiate separately from the other young stars.

'Stranger Things' Renewed for Season 3 at Netflix

It's not based on some shitty comic or a procedural show.

People are desperate for something different.
More or less been my experience.

I think the writers mistake building tension with getting to the point. Which is a problem a lot of Netflix series seem to have.

been a huge fan of netflix originals but this one missed the mark entirely.

First Official Image of Brenton Thwaites as Robin in TITANS TV Series

9wq2TET.jpg

New Amazon comedy-drama series about an aspiring female stand up comedian in the 1950s. Watched the first two episodes and I loved it. Rachel Brosnahan is fantastic. She's just so vibrant and lively. Her role in here is the complete opposite of her dour role in House of Cards. The supporting characters are great as well.

Rachel goes topless in episode one and she has one of the best boobs I've seen recently on TV.

@Loiosh

This was an awesome head's up, thanks. I caught the first three episodes tonight, and it wasn't background television, it was turn off the lights and enjoy the ride television.

I'm desperately tired and have an early morning tomorrow and it's all I can do to turn off the TV and head to bed, and I'm out all day tomorrow so I won't be able to watch more until maybe tomorrow night. I agree completely with what you said about Brosnahan, and would like to add that Tony Shalhoub is also FANTASTIC.

If you see me on the street you will cross the street whether or not there is a crosswalk present. Your pedestrian safety is of no importance to me any more.

Well, well, this is an interesting bit of news...

[...]

The streaming giant has handed out a sizable two-season, 20-episode straight-to-series order for an untitled Sabrina drama based on the Archie Comics graphic novel The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, picking up the intended Riverdale companion series from The CW.

Sabrina was put in development at younger-skewing broadcaster The CW in September. A casting search to play the reimagined teenage witch began almost immediately. Sources note that The CW and producers Warner Bros. Television had a list of actresses they eyed for the role. That is being revisited given the large commitment and move to Netflix.

Sabrina reimagines the origin and adventures of Sabrina the Teenage Witch as a dark coming-of-age tale that traffics in horror, the occult and witchcraft. It's described as in the vein of Rosemary's Baby and The Exorcist and finds Sabrina wrestling to reconcile her dual nature as a half-witch, half-mortal while fighting the evil forces that threaten her, her family and the daylight world humans inhabit.

[...]

Sources say the Sabrina order is for two, 10-episode seasons that would shoot back to back with the first batch filming from February to June and second from June to October. The writers room opens Monday. A premiere date has not been determined and it's unclear how the 20 episodes will be divided in terms of rollout.

That Netflix would invest so heavily in Sabrina should come as little surprise. The streaming giant has SVOD rights to Riverdale, the noir teen drama about Archie (K.J. Apa), Betty (Lili Reinhart) and Veronica (Camila Mendes), and began streaming all 13 episodes of the first season after their run on The CW. Riverdale — which was originally developed for Fox before moving to The CW — became a summer breakout for Netflix, which in turn helped to boost the sophomore season of the show in the fall. Riverdale's Oct. 11 season two debut grew a whopping 60 percent from its midseason series debut nine months prior, adding to the evidence of the impact SVOD deals have on linear viewership.

Now I'm picturing something along the lines of The Vampires Diaries, but with Netflix-level nudity and violence. And if they cast eye candy on the same level as Riverdale...

Last edited:

[...]

The streaming giant has handed out a sizable two-season, 20-episode straight-to-series order for an untitled Sabrina drama based on the Archie Comics graphic novel The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, picking up the intended Riverdale companion series from The CW.

Sabrina was put in development at younger-skewing broadcaster The CW in September. A casting search to play the reimagined teenage witch began almost immediately. Sources note that The CW and producers Warner Bros. Television had a list of actresses they eyed for the role. That is being revisited given the large commitment and move to Netflix.

Sabrina reimagines the origin and adventures of Sabrina the Teenage Witch as a dark coming-of-age tale that traffics in horror, the occult and witchcraft. It's described as in the vein of Rosemary's Baby and The Exorcist and finds Sabrina wrestling to reconcile her dual nature as a half-witch, half-mortal while fighting the evil forces that threaten her, her family and the daylight world humans inhabit.

[...]

Sources say the Sabrina order is for two, 10-episode seasons that would shoot back to back with the first batch filming from February to June and second from June to October. The writers room opens Monday. A premiere date has not been determined and it's unclear how the 20 episodes will be divided in terms of rollout.

That Netflix would invest so heavily in Sabrina should come as little surprise. The streaming giant has SVOD rights to Riverdale, the noir teen drama about Archie (K.J. Apa), Betty (Lili Reinhart) and Veronica (Camila Mendes), and began streaming all 13 episodes of the first season after their run on The CW. Riverdale — which was originally developed for Fox before moving to The CW — became a summer breakout for Netflix, which in turn helped to boost the sophomore season of the show in the fall. Riverdale's Oct. 11 season two debut grew a whopping 60 percent from its midseason series debut nine months prior, adding to the evidence of the impact SVOD deals have on linear viewership.

Now I'm picturing something along the lines of The Vampires Diaries, but with Netflix-level nudity and violence. And if they cast eye candy on the same level as Riverdale...

Word of advice: Don't use "Size=3" or below because the letters are so small and makes it hard to read.

[...]

[...]

Netflix quality with CW casting is the stuff of legends

@Loiosh

Just finished this and it was awesome.

I don't know how but damn i want lester and malvo to make a return to Fargo

Rewatching season 1

Love the 2-hour season premiere. It felt more like a sci-fi show than a superhero series. The entire premise is so intriguing. Can't wait to find out more.

But on top it all, I'm so happy the show is back. Agents of SHIELD is my favorite superhero show among all its peers currently playing (screw you Inhumans, cheesy-in-a-bad-way Arrowverse, dragging Netflix-Marvel shows).

The most hilarious scene in the season premiere. Bwahahaha!

rjskVZm.gif

Announcement Teaser for Netflix's New Sci-Fi Series ALTERED CARBON

Based on the award-winning novel, Altered Carbon takes place in a future where the human mind can now be digitized and downloaded into a "cortical stack" and placed into new bodies, called sleeves. The series follows Envoy soldier Takeshi Kovacs (Joel Kinnaman), who is brought back to life centuries later to investigate the attempted murder of Laurens Bancroft (James Purefoy), the wealthiest man on Earth. As the investigation progresses, Kovacs comes to learn that his past isn’t nearly as buried as he thought. The series debuts exclusively on Netflix February 2nd, 2018.

Finished THE MARVELOUS MRS. MAISEL. Loved it. Consistently great from episode 1 to 8.

I'm still impressed with star Rachel Brosnahan's transformation, from the accent to the personality. Terrific supporting cast especially Alex Borstein and Tony Shaloub. I've always liked Borstein because she was part of the Mad TV cast. And it's so nice to see Shaloub be likable again. The last time I saw him was in BrainDead and I HATED his character.

Dammit, why did they have to give the husband, Joel, a more sympathetic turn in the middle half. I was perfectly happy not caring about him but now I kind of feel bad for him at the end... a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back