Review of Triumph United Death Adders 16oz. Lace-Ups

Finally received my 14oz TU DAs, and got the chance to use them for 2 heavybag sessions.

I must say.. I underestimated these gloves.

They just smell and spell of Quality.

Definitely a fight glove feel.

I'm usually biased to boxing-only and big-name boxing-only brands... but this has to take the cake as one of my favorite gloves of all time.

Today is the last day of their $53.99 sale too.... such a steal.

Thanks fellow sherdoggers (in this case, @hangulmalmotayo) for recommending these gloves.

Might be a bit off topic, but I managed to get a pair of 14oz laceup TU Death Stars (and another pair of DA's, in 16oz laceup this time; couldn't resist with the price and quality)

The overall stitching job on them seem to be better than the Death Adders.

On both pairs of my DAs, there's also that little "gap" in the palm seam; just like OP's and just about everyone else's DA's that have been reviewed.

The Death Stars do not have that gap.

I notice that the DS have a Winning-like profile, which is probably what they are based on due to the official description stating: "* High performance padding covers knuckles for maximum shock absorption", in addition to the same 2-cuff design.

The DAs seem to have a Grant-like profile, as mentioned by others.

The DS have very similar padding to the DA (super-soft inner and medium mid/outer), but thicker. (My 14oz DS padding thickness is about the same as my 16oz DS).

I haven't had a chance to use the DS yet, but they seem to be very high quality.

Might be a bit off topic, but I managed to get a pair of 14oz laceup TU Death Stars (and another pair of DA's, in 16oz laceup this time; couldn't resist with the price and quality)

The overall stitching job on them seem to be better than the Death Adders.

On both pairs of my DAs, there's also that little "gap" in the palm seam; just like OP's and just about everyone else's DA's that have been reviewed.

The Death Stars do not have that gap.

I notice that the DS have a Winning-like profile, which is probably what they are based on due to the official description stating: "* High performance padding covers knuckles for maximum shock absorption", in addition to the same 2-cuff design.

The DAs seem to have a Grant-like profile, as mentioned by others.

The DS have very similar padding to the DA (super-soft inner and medium mid/outer), but thicker. (My 14oz DS padding thickness is about the same as my 16oz DS).

I haven't had a chance to use the DS yet, but they seem to be very high quality.

Thanks for putting the words I could not find to describe the difference between the DAs and the DSs ! @hangulmalmotayo ;)

I absolutely love my DS. I would say even more de the DAs.

Still rocking the OG lace up Japanese heatseakers Master Race reporting...

417v0oQTupL.jpg

<4> .

This glove was one of the best for the money, EVA !!

Back