• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lead

/Led/ blanket
Platinum Member
Reaction score
WARNING: All votes are final. There is no change vote option on these ballots. Please do not request your vote be changed because it will not be done.

Please remember that the results showing above are not accurate to the actual results. Only registered voters will be counted who voted in the poll above. Please do not make assumptions simply from seeing the numbers above as they are not accurate.

War Room Citizens, we have reached our general election. Only two candidates remain that will have the opportunity to be our leader for 2018. It is left for you to decide who that will be. Our remaining and prior candidates have given their speeches below before you make such a crucial decision.

General Election Candidates:

Hello War Room citizens!

I look forward to working with everyone to continue to make the War Room an excellent place for serious discussion, as well as laughs. I will be relentless in my pursuit of intellectual justice.

If I win, my sticky thread will be a place for robust discussion of all the political issues in the world. We'll see more focus on foreign policy, economics, tax policy, etc. No identity politics allowed. Ideas only. Myself, my VP, and my cabinet, will help provide content in the thread for discussion. An atmosphere of unfettered exchange shall be nourished, and encouraged. Shit tier trolling will be mercilessly snuffed out. A better kind of thread. A better kind of War Room!

VOTE THOMPSON!!!

First and foremost, I would like to thank each and every one of my supporters. Even the ones whose votes were disavowed due to their undocumented status. Your support will not be forgotten. Secondly I would to thank all of my opponents; @HomerThompson, @Kafir-kun, @Rational Poster, @Space, @Clippy, @Falsedawn, @JDragon, @senri, @alanb, @VivaRevolution, @Quipling, @pcptornado, @CauseImbetta, @snakedafunky, @colby25, and @luckyshot. This primary would not have been as successful as it was if it were not for the deep field of competition. The back and forth banter between the candidates, and some of the concerned citizens, reminded me about why I joined Sherdog in the first place. It is a grand step towards what I see for the War Room in the future. We recently went through one of the worst periods of time in War Room history. The Purge saw poster turned against poster. It saw posters attempt to wage a personal war against moderators, rather than try to be the change they want to see.

My vision of the War Room is one where opinions are heard, viewpoints are argued and open discourse reigns supreme. My goal for the sticky is for it to be managed by committee where topics from all areas of the political spectrum are rotated through. Furthermore I plan to use this position, as ceremonial as it may be, to try and bring about positive change within our community. To reduce the amount of mod-running we see here sometimes. To work with moderators, rather than against them to make the war room great again.

I have run my campaign on the stance that I am a centrist, and by American standards I am (in Canada I’m considered fairly right wing). I am fairly right in most of my political leanings, but a great many topics are ones that some of my conservative brothers disagree with me on, which is their right. I stand by my ability to work with people of all backgrounds and find common ground. Many of you will remember the War Room BBQ thread, in that thread when other posters expressed concern about @Workers United bringing the party down, I made mention that I could easily engage him in union and worker’s rights talk, thus keeping the atmosphere light. That is Irish_Thug as a candidate, a mediator, a conciliator, a man who wants only to improve the area in which he frequents.

Furthermore I see an inclusive War Room, one in which poster opinions are not discredited based solely on the fact that they are not a “regular”. Opinions should be discredited by their lack of merit, not the voice who speaks in. That being said, forum raids are not in our best interest, so I will seek to form an election reform committee, where concerned citizens can bring forth their ideas on how to improve our democratic process.

On that note, without further ado, I would like to make my latest campaign announcement. In light of his outstanding work during the last year, and his continued dedication to the political sub-forum, I would like to extend the invitation to my fellow candidate @Clippy to continue his fine work as secretary of office supplies under my administration.

In the coming week I invite all of my fellow War Room citizens to ask themselves who they want representing them. If your answer is a man who will work diligently to better the war room in any and all ways possible, then your answer is Irish_Thug.

Thank you and Just-Bleed-God Bless.

Out Candidates:

Friends and esteemed colleagues,

It has been a fun ride, and a special thank you to all those who supported my campaign.

The War Room is at a crossroads. It is with great pleasure I announce my endorsement of @irish_thug for President of the War Room and a better tomorrow.

To the victor goes the spoils, and may the War Room be made Great once again.

-PCP

Citizens of the War Room,

the JDragon campaign has only @jgarner ‘ed the 4th most votes in these primaries, but our influence in this electoral season is still visible. As stated multiple times in the past weeks, success is not a matter of becoming President of the War Room, but rather achieving what the War Room needs.

I defined these needs as mainly two things: Defending the War Room against shitposters, and at the same time, reaching out across political boundaries to create a lively yet respectful discussion atmosphere. Two prominent candidates have emerged in the past days: On the one hand, you have @irish_thug, whom I respect a lot and who I believe is a worthy candidate for the office of POTWR. A true War Room staple, and among the best candidates the WR right could have offered. And on the other hand, you have @HomerThompson, who has earned his merits as an anti-shitposter vigilante, whose commitment to the War Room also cannot be called into question.

I've negotiated with both candidates to try and achieve the best possible outcome for the War Room. @irish_thug has offered me a cabinet position and has proclaimed with regard to my policy proposals that "nothing's off the table, really". This appears like I would have lots of leeway to implement my policies in the context of an @irish_thug presidency.

Unfortunately, @irish_thug also proclaimed that he actually isn't really interested in the Sticky Thread and wants to involve citizens to bring in proposals. In other words, that means he's saying he is not interested in policy but more in the office that goes along with becoming POTWR. I could live with that if it meant that the War Room could be served and policies to improve our experience could be implemented, but I personally believe that none of my proposed measures will be successful if there is no leadership backing me up. The President of the War Room needs to believe in the things we do, it needs to align with his vision, and he needs to ensure that things can go smoothly. It is why I so explicitly asked both candidates which parts of my campaign proposals they would be willing to adopt.

Considering the proposals laid out by the @HomerThompson campaign earlier today, I can happily confirm that we have come to an agreement. Effective immediately, the JDragon campaign suspends its activities and I will support the activities of the @HomerThompson campaign for the final round of voting. Because at the end, this is about the War Room, and not about egos.

We're gonna take the War Room back, together, and @HomerThompson will be our President.

I don't concede bro

I'm just warming up!!

I will be supporting whichever candidate rejects partisan politics the most in the final round.

The voting in the primary broke down into team red, and team blue, and I can't support that.

So, I ask homer and Irish to earn my vote by proving to me that you are not a partisan.

There is no end to revolution, as long as my lungs draw breath.

Thus, there is no end to El Dictador.

I endorse nobody but myself. A pox on the memories of bourgeois dogs.

Quipling said:
First, I'd like to thank my supporters for carrying me this far. They shared my dream of a warroom in which people were encouraged to meet for a one-on-one conversation rather than endless cycling and sniping. However, it appears that I do not have the votes to continue.
Instead, the choice is between Irish_thug and Homerthompson.

Both have promised relatively centrist views, with Irish coming from the right and Homer coming from the left. Homer has the advantage of a campaign plan, adopted from JDragon's very bipartisan platform; Irish is lacking in this regard, but has been running a respectful campaign.

With this in mind, I examined both Irish_Thug and HomerThompson's post records to see who I could endorse with the best interests of the warroom in mind. I feel that if I wanted more substance out of the warroom, I had to endorse accordingly.

Here are Irish_Thug's:
http://forums.sherdog.com/search/81812607/

In his last two hundred posts in the warroom, most are electioneering, and not all confined to the election threads. The vast majority of the remainder are one-liners or personal anecdotes. Some do involve taking a substantive position.

In one instance, he contributed a news item of interest (a war criminal's sentence and suicide) two days after it had been introduced by other posters. Others hardly support the unifying administration he promised:
If conservatives have a larger "fear center" why is it liberals are afraid of words?
but some do:
The Costco Example debunks this theory.

Here are HomerThompson's:
http://forums.sherdog.com/search/81814413/
Unlike Irish, the majority of Homer's most recent warroom posts were not related to electioneering. Homer is known for his possible overruse of reaction images, but a review of his recent posts indicated that less than 20% of his responses qualified as such, and less than a third of those were of rob_ford. Homer's posts were more confrontational, but they also more regularly dealt with substantive political discussion, and he more frequently used quotes and cites to support his positions.

From the article:

"(CNN)Jared Kushner is the "very senior member" of President Donald Trump's transition team who directed incoming national security adviser Michael Flynn to contact the Russian ambassador to the United States and other countries about a UN Security Council vote on Israeli settlements, sources familiar with the matter tell CNN."
You can't undermine a sitting President's authority to conduct the business of running the US government. You can't possibly be this stupid(I'm kidding, obviously). Obama was still President, and we had just passed sanctions on Russia for interfering in our election. Trump reaches out to Russia to tell them we'll possibly remove the sanctions if they vote the correct way on a UN resolution. Against what the Obama admin wanted. That is teetering dangerously close to treason.

This is the warroom. I don't mind some personal confrontation.

War Homer.

After I have decided to suspend my campaign due health reasons,
I would like to give one last statement for all Supporters of a united WAR ROOM.

Since 2012, when I invested my modest strength in the fight for a united WAR ROOM, a fight which was forced upon me.
In those 0.4 decades, all my thoughts, actions and my life were dictated by my love for and loyalty to a united WAR ROOM.
Centuries will pass, but from the ruins of the Forum and cultural threads our hatred will be renewed for those who are responsible,
the people to whom we owe all this: The international Sherdog establishment the mods and their supporters.

After many months of careful consideration, of prayer and searching my own conscience,
I have decided that on Election Day, I will vote for @HomerThompson .

Even though I have had areas of significant disagreement with HomerThompson,
by any measure the other option brought forward by the international mod element is wholly unacceptable
that’s why I have always been #Never @irish_thug

Just remember the do nothing Irish's can't even live in peace with other Irish people. What do you think they will do to the War Room.

Snakedafunky
@Lead @Gandhi

I step out of the race and let the best remaining forerunners win. I support Irish thug because I know him a bit better. Nothing against Homer. Best of luck.

Though calamity and woe struck down this year's campaign I promise that i will return next year stronger than ever.

The winner of the general will begin their term 1/1/2018 and have control of a sticky thread spot for 10 months.

The ballot will close approximately 9:30pm EST on December 9th.

Candidates (further read)
Please remember the tiebreaker procedure for the general is stated in both Round 1 & 3 threads. Votes from prior candidates are important for this procedure.

Last edited:
Media Endorsements/Predictions

GNN
Sanity Voters!!!!!

After a year of disenfranchisement, shit posting, and debasement of our glorious war room by posters that care not for facts, logic, or rational debate, the time has come to TAKE THE WAR ROOM back.

Not just for the left, liberals, racial minorities, or the hawt hawt tran trans that we all dearly wish to see in our washrooms, but for all that value constructive debate based on good faith.

To those that would lie, meme, and seizure bomb the war room into oblivion, we say:

NO TO SHIT POSTING

NO TO AN ECHO CHAMBER

NO TO OT/SPORTSBAR TROLLING

AND YES TO SANITY!!!!!!!!!

The last round of voting was an amazing exercise of our democratic franchise.

Despite splitting the vote among 7 great candidates, Sanity voters turned out in droves and ultimately coalesced around their brightest star @Homerthomas to propel him into a first round victory.

The Sanity coalition is 100% behind @HomerThompson .

We have had ringing endorsements from
- @@JDragon
- @Quipling
- @GNN

And many many others from the Sanity camp.

In addition many Unreliables, WTF Republicans, and even Deplorabots have grown weary of the shitpostathon of the Palis regime and do not want more of the same from @irish_thug . There is room on the Sanity train for all you and we continue to welcome you aboard to join with those from your team that have already come aboard.

@M3t4tr0n (@pcptornado VP pick before PCP latched himself to the failed Irish Campaign)

Numerous other WTF reoblicans also cast votes in favor of Homer in the last round of votng.

@irish_thug is an admitted ally of the "Alt Reich" and we know the Berniebrobots are committed to ensuring that ethno nationalism is not the governing voice of the WR. We therefore ask for your support in our common cause.

The Plastic Paddy Poor Man’s Palis from Canada simply cannot be given the keys to the WR nuclear code. Say no to @irish_thug and yes to @HomerThompson !!!!!!!

TwoNinetyNine
For those who read our primary election analysis using our BSDATA modeling, you will know we have been correct with our predictions 100% of the time. This means we will never be wrong and our BSDATA model is the empirical truth that no one should challenge.
With that said, we applied a different modeling criteria to the general election. The Gauge Analysis Blitz Attribute General Election Model (GARBAGE Model) has helped us come up with our prediction this year.
At first glance, our data in the primary showed a very close, nearly tied general election. But after the remaining days of the primary, TwoNinetyNine can say with complete and utter confidence that @HomerThompson will beat @irish_thug after our model returned an average result of 135-100 in our projections. A few significant factors were the following:
Turnout- Although this should be a very competitive election, the primary election showed lower than expected turnout from voters we expect to vote for irish_thug or those closest to him on the BSDATA model. A common phenomenon for a side who currently has control of the PotWR.
Mixed voter coalition- For the votes grouped under primary candidates that irish_thug would expect to win, the actual list seems more unlikely as candidates like pcp gained cross appeal support from both Palis and JDragon voters in 2016.
BSDATA Model postioning- One strength irish_thug had in the primary was his decent space between other candidates in field with his position. This may become a negative in the general election however as he will have a smaller significant core voter base and will have to put more effort in to reach out to other groups.
So with our analysis in, everyone feel free to go home. Why bother voting? We already know the result. Data doesn't lie, no matter how many ways you skew or misinterpret it.

Last edited:
General Election Candidates
@HomerThompson
@irish_thug

Primary Candidates (out of race)
@Kafir-kun
@Rational Poster
@Space
@Clippy
@Falsedawn
@JDragon
@senri
@alanb
@VivaRevolution
@Quipling
@pcptornado
@CauseImbetta
@snakedafunky
@colby25
@luckyshot

Registered Voter List

@22k
@44nutman
@7437
@Aegon Spengler
@AGGAMEMNON66
@AgonyandIrony
@Al Gorithm
@alanb
@AnGrYcRoW
@Anung Un Rama
@Amerikuracana
@Arkain2K
@Armbars
@AviatorShades
@Bald1
@BAM

@BEER
@Big_Chief_Stove
@BKMMAFAN
@Bloodworth
@Bloody Pulp
@brothir
@Byron Carter
@Cake4Breakfast
@Captain Davis
@carlos cadona
@CauseImbetta
@Caveat

@CEROVFC
@Ceez
@chardog
@Cid
@cincymma79
@Cint
@Clippy
@colby25
@computer fogie
@Coolidge
@Cooz
@Contra-dictator
@cottagecheesefan
@Cubo de Sangre
@curryjunkie
@Cuzcatlan
@DannyNL
@Darkballs
@Deffid
@Denter
@Der Eisbar
@Devout Pessimist
@dfoster
@Diamond Jim
@dontsnitch
@Dr J
@dragonsfly

@DragRacer
@drstrangelov
@DynamicLoosener
@Edison Carasio
@EGarrett
@EL CORINTHIAN
@electricfuneral
@ens189
@Factory
@Falsedawn
@Fanu

@Farmer Br0wn
@Fawlty
@Fedorable
@FinalFight
@floivanus
@Fluffernutter
@fonzob1
@forum poster
@freaky

@faustian
@Fugazy
@Gandhi
@GearSolidMetal
@GhostZ06
@Giblert
@glennrod
@goldennirvana
@Goonerview
@Graverobber
@Grenz
@Greoric
@gspieler
@Gunny
@Gutter Chris
@Ham Socks
@HamPhan
@Hans Gercmiov
@Hans Gruber
@Happiness
@Hard To Tell
@Helden
@HeLLMuTT
@HereticBD
@Higus
@HIMBOB
@Hit-N-Run

@HockeyBjj
@Hogey
@HOLA
@HomerThompson
@Ice That Jaw
@IDL
@IGIT
@IIIIIIII
@ILLogic

@indrid
@IngaVovchanchyn
@InternetHero
@irish_thug
@Jack V Savage
@Jackie Blue
@JadeOwl
@JDragon
@jeffk
@jgarner
@Joe
@JohnnySagebrush
@JonesBones
@JonnyRingo84
@JosephDredd
@JSnake
@JudoThrowFiasco
@Junes
@K1levelgrappler
@Kafir-kun
@kahiljabroni
@KaNesDeath
@KBE6EKCTAH_CCP
@KILL KILL
@King of Fists
@KnightTemplar
@KONG-D'SNT-TAP
@kpt018
@Last Samurai
@Lead
@Leagon

@lecter
@lfd0311
@lilelvis
@Limbo Pete
@Lionel Mandrake
@Liquid Smoke

@LogicalInsanity
@loyalyolayal
@Lucifer Alpha
@luckyshot
@M3t4tr0n
@m52nickerson
@Madmick
@MadSquabbles500
@Makani
@Mark Hunts FIST
@MarloStanfield
@Max Power
@MayhemMonkey
@mb23100
@mcveteran81

@MeatheadMike
@meauneau
@Metusalemi
@Michaelangelo
@MicroBrew
@MMAViewer
@mr.bigglesworth
@mrbaapt

@MusterX
@n...not crazy
@nac386
@ncordless
@nhbbear
@no fat chicks
@nostradumbass
@ObsoleteSoul
@ocfightfan
@Octavian
@oldshadow
@oleDirtyBast4rd
@Orgasmo
@Overpressure
@Overtures
@PainIsLIfe
@Palis
@panamaican
@Panmisiek

@pcptornado
@PEB
@Pelosi2016
@Peteyandjia
@PHATV
@Phisher
@PolishHeadlock
@Possum Jenkins
@PrinceOfPain
@Protectandserve
@Prutfis
@Pupi
@Quipling
@Rational Poster
@Rebound59
@RedAger
@Rematch
@RerouteToRemain
@RetiredSlave

@Rex Kwon Do
@RIPWarrior
@Roaming East

@Rod1
@ROSCONATION
@Rozko
@Ruprecht
@S Class
@s karlyle
@sabretruth
@SafeSpace
@SammyPops
@sangreporsangre
@Satanical Eve
@SBJJ
@Scerpi
@Scrody
@Seano
@second sight

@senri
@shadow_priest_x
@ShadowRun
@Scheme
@ShinkanPo
@ShoelessRye
@Shoemaker
@sickc0d3r
@SidJustice
@silicavaginitis
@Sir GymTanLaundry
@silus_2000
@skold
@Slick_36
@slivercord
@SMEAC
@snakedafunky
@sniper
@sodapopinski
@Son of Jamin
@SongXIII
@Space
@spamking
@spin_
@Starman
@StickAndMove
@Stoic1
@Strychnine
@sub_thug
@Supereem
@superpunch
@Swing
@Teen Wolf
@Tekk
@Teppodama
@TeTe

@The Diplomat
@The Higher Power
@The ScorpioN
@The Witcher
@theBLADE1
@TheComebackKid
@thefirstemporer
@TheGreatA
@TheTimeIsNotNow
@TheWorm
@Throttlehead
@Thurisaz
@trident
@Tropodan
@Trotsky
@TSO

@ultramanhyata
@uncommon
@Undying Poster
@unimackpass
@Unsurprised Diaz
@uppercutbus
@Videer
@voxom
@VivaRevolution
@Voodoo_Child906
@waiguoren

@WalkenWouldOwn
@Whippy McGee
@WhitebeltXL
@wonderbread
@Workers United
@WorldofWarcraft
@WTF2008
@XalexinchainsX

Please everyone in the thread, sticky to a 15 tag per post rule

EbnwVOn.png

I am gonna pull a Mcain and wait till the last moment for full effect
Aeep7Bl.gif

@luckyshot hey cuckyshot, so, where did I back @irish_thug again? Complimenting him and saying I'm going to drink Jameson = backed?

I backed @JDragon but he, like Germany, has become a colossal let down.

Another failed argument by cuckyshot. No wonder you only got 1 vote and had to quit your campaign almost immediately LOL!

<Moves>

Let's shake things up , vote Homer!

xaVMT.gif

bouncing-boobs-gif.gif
bouncing-butt-gif-19.gif

Take it back ? Voting Thug would keep it in the hands of people like the last clown , don't get me wrong Thug is better than him but people like Palis support him .

A vote for Homer is vote for a more balanced Presidency and a moderate well run and organized sticky
^ That is exactly the kind of bad attitude that will not be found in an @irish_thug Presidency.

<Waaah>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back