SNES Classic

So why do you think NES has such a bigger/hardcore fandom than SNES?

Huh? You cited one forum and thats it. Kind of hard to quantify what a more rabid fanbase is. The NES has sold more units and was more popular at it's time and rejuvenated the game industry. Those reasons are probably why you think that or see those numbers on whatever medium you are on.

I personally grew up with both. NES as a kid and SNES as a tween/teen. SNES is my fave console of all time but the 360 was pretty sweet.

Still no trace of any SNES Classic at Target, Walmart, Best Buy.

Got mine yesterday, complete fluke.

First time I ever ran into 1. Snatched it up, was at a Toys R Us.

I called the biggest Best Buy in my city just to see and they had 2 that came in the same day.

Up until yesterday, trying to find one was hell.

I give up. If the N64 mini has Ocarina, Majora's Mask, Mario Golf 64, I'll hope to buy that.

I was in a retro store today.
They asked $70 for SNES Legend of Zelda.

Scalper prices are coming down here from $200 now to $160 still have yet to see one on a shelf anyplace.

Scalper prices are coming down here from $200 now to $160 still have yet to see one on a shelf anyplace.
I too haven't seen one in the wild (in stores), but haven't really been checking. I will never buy from loser scalpers. So much effort to make chump change from scalping.

I too haven't seen one in the wild (in stores), but haven't really been checking. I will never buy from loser scalpers. So much effort to make chump change from scalping.
Yeah it's ridiculous and now around here the knockoffs are everywhere.

From my experience the SNES collector crowd is a lot larger than the NES collector crowd. Of course, I'm a SNES collector, so maybe my experience is slanted. SNES is considered by many (including myself) to be the pinnacle of 2D gaming. The quality of the SNES portfolio also ages a lot better than both NES and N64 in my opinion. I loved the N64, but old 3D games do not age well graphically or mechanically.

I went from playing a Super Famicom version of a series to the PS1 sequel and the PS1 looks way better including the menu options. The only bad thing about the PS1 I can tell so far is inability to see map of battlefield where SFC version lets you see that.

Amazon Now has them in stock in various places in the country right now. I just bought one two hours after seeing them go up and they were still available at the suggest retail price of 79.99. Plus they are delivering it to me in the next two hours at my home. Happy hunting fellas.

People keep selling them on Facebook in my areas buy and sell groups. I get rustled tho because they charge at least $250-300. And people want it so bad that lots comment wanting it. Ridiculous.

I want one even more now that I saw the list of games it has on it.

They laughed at me when I showed up at 8am to get one. Fuckers.

they should make the Mega Nes with all megaman games. Now that it is my idea they have to pay me if they ever do it.

Gotta get dat Cosmo Kramer money

they should make the Mega Nes with all megaman games. Now that it is my idea they have to pay me if they ever do it.

Gotta get dat Cosmo Kramer money
there’s a megaman collection on PS4

has 1-6

If anything needs save states, it's freaking Mega Man series.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back