Locked JUSTICE LEAGUE Movie Thread v.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha ha, perfect.

Less than 2 weeks away!!!

<{monica}>

Funny, Mark Hammill has compared Last Jedi to The Godfather in terms of it's run-time(around two and a half hours). Hamill said you don't notice the running time of Godfather because you are so wrapped up in the story, and thinks people will have the same reaction to Last Jedi. Josh Brolin says that Joe Russo referenced Godfather to help him humanise Thanos and make it easier to play the character.

It's a weird coincidence that two huge movies are being compared to The Godfather:)

there's nothing to deal with, I thought the movie was a mess and it flopped hard

what are you even trying to say lol?
Don't mind me. I'm just angry c comic book guy.

<{monica}>

Funny, Mark Hammill has compared Last Jedi to The Godfather in terms of it's run-time(around two and a half hours). Hamill said you don't notice the running time of Godfather because you are so wrapped up in the story, and thinks people will have the same reaction to Last Jedi. Josh Brolin says that Joe Russo referenced Godfather to help him humanise Thanos and make it easier to play the character.

It's a weird coincidence that two huge movies are being compared to The Godfather:)
<Moves><Moves><Moves>

Members of the legion of Doom can be introduced easily as well and it would fit

Luthor has already been
Brainiac can be done in Man of Steel 2. He is already a villain of superman so its fit.
Grodd/Captain Cold can be in the Flash movie super easily. Flash rogues gallery so its fits
Black Manta is in Aquaman so he is getting introduced
Cheetah can be in Wonder Woman 2
Sinestro can be done in Green Lantern

Those are pretty much the main ones. You can change it and add reverse flash in there somewhere.

So you know if they take the time and wait a while to do this it could actually work

Luthor has already been
Brainiac can be done in Man of Steel 2. He is already a villain of superman so its fit.
Grodd/Captain Cold can be in the Flash movie super easily. Flash rogues gallery so its fits

Those are pretty much the main ones. You can change it and add reverse flash in there somewhere.

So you know if they take the time and wait a while to do this it could actually work

You realise you're talking about DC, right?;)

Luthor has already been

They should introduce the real Luthor by having him kill Jesse Eisenberg for being a failure of an evil heir.

I agree, but I think it could be quite close, maybe within just a couple million. Weekend three retention numbers are usually quite a bit better than weekend two retention (the median is about 10% points better, at least for superhero flicks, I don't have detailed stats for animation). So JL will probably come in somewhere in the 20-24mil range and Coco will probably be in the 22-28mil range.
@Dragonlordxxxxx
Holy fuck, I wasn't even close on that JL estimate. The weekend estimates show Coco at $26.1mil (at least I got that one right, almost right in the middle of my range estimate) and JL at a paltry $16.6mil (-59.7% drop when weekend three has a median of -50.4%). So it looks like turkey-day had a larger impact than I thought it did and JL came back down hard.

They probably wont do a Green Lantern Sinestro movie huh

They already made that movie and it flopped

So maybe they dont use Sinestro in this group

@Dragonlordxxxxx
Holy fuck, I wasn't even close on that JL estimate. The weekend estimates show Coco at $26.1mil (at least I got that one right, almost right in the middle of my range estimate) and JL at a paltry $16.6mil (-59.7% drop when weekend three has a median of -50.4%). So it looks like turkey-day had a larger impact than I thought it did and JL came back down hard.

From a Global Stand Point it might end up with less than $650 mil . This next weekend at the Doemstic Box office is its last chamce to make some money because come DEC 14. The Force Juggernaut returns .

From a Global Stand Point it might end up with less than $650 mil . This next weekend at the Doemstic Box office is its last chamce to make some money because come DEC 14. The Force Juggernaut returns .
...yeah, they're fucked. lol

i am not a comic guy, so all these superheroes confuse me. but people always argue over who is the strongest guy in that universe or that universe. is it superman, or hulk, or spiderman, or the greatest american hero, etc. yet in most of these movies it takes like 4 or 5 of them to beat up the bad guy. so it seems to me that the bad guys are always the actual strongest guys in the universe since no one person can beat them. for instance, the monster in b vs. s kicks all of their asses. only combined can they barely win

i am not a comic guy, so all these superheroes confuse me. but people always argue over who is the strongest guy in that universe or that universe. is it superman, or hulk, or spiderman, or the greatest american hero, etc. yet in most of these movies it takes like 4 or 5 of them to beat up the bad guy. so it seems to me that the bad guys are always the actual strongest guys in the universe since no one person can beat them. for instance, the monster in b vs. s kicks all of their asses. only combined can they barely win

In fairness, it does make sense in a way.
The evil are the most likely the ones that will go out to seek power. By nature of what they do, they should usually have more power and battle experience because they seek it.
The good guys are usually just fighting to defend, not to wreck shit.

Luthor has already been

When comics revamp themselves, they should also revamp a lot of these names.
Marvel is equally guilty, but 'Brainiac, Captain Cold, Aquaman...even Wonder Woman, are just terrible names.

In fairness, it does make sense in a way.
The evil are the most likely the ones that will go out to seek power. By nature of what they do, they should usually have more power and battle experience because they seek it.
The good guys are usually just fighting to defend, not to wreck shit.
fair point. but you cant argue that superman is the baddest when he had to get help from wonder woman and batman to beat the monster. or in the avenger movies, hulk and thor get clowned by the bad guys and they need all their friends to win.

so no matter the reason, they still arent the strongest

@Dragonlordxxxxx

RUhZjF7.gif

;)

fair point. but you cant argue that superman is the baddest when he had to get help from wonder woman and batman to beat the monster. or in the avenger movies, hulk and thor get clowned by the bad guys and they need all their friends to win.

so no matter the reason, they still arent the strongest
I get what you're saying, i think part of it is just the way it has to be tell a compelling story.
It'd be a short movie if the hero just instantly won everytime.

To the Batman vs Superman example though, in the comics, Doomsday is basically engineered to kill Superman. If there was ever a being that should be able to kill him, that's the one. (which is why DC wasting that story so soon was so stupid) Another Kryptonian can match his power, and Doomsday is basically a Kryptonian monster.
I think another layer to be considered is that the good guys don't try to win at all costs. They generally all have a 'no kill' policy. So they don't tend to fight at full strength. They also have to be mindful of innocent bystanders.
The bad guys don't care who they hurt, and they want to kill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back