Economy Bitcoin Doubters, Come Eat Your Crow

The advantage of making money?
Haha, no man. I just have no clue how cryptocurrencies work, how it actually makes you money etc.

I tried googling but there's so much info and weird sites.

What would be the best exchange or wallet to use? I’m trying to wrap my head around this

the mining reward splits in half every 250k mined blocks

for the first 250k blocks, there were 50 bitcoins generated.

It has since halved twice. the current reward is 12.5 coins per block. In 2020 it will half to 6.25.

It will be fucking crazy

Mike, buddy.

I will get a hardware wallet.

1. Do hardware wallets accept ethereum too or only bitcoin?
2. Can I add more bitcion to the hardware wallet later?

Thanks for your help bro.

Mike, buddy.

I will get a hardware wallet.

1. Do hardware wallets accept ethereum too or only bitcoin?
2. Can I add more bitcion to the hardware wallet later?

Thanks for your help bro.
1. Not BTC wallets, but ETH wallets can accept any ERC-20 tokens(coins built on ETH platform). Otherwise wallets are coin specific.

2. Of course you can. You can also make any amount of wallets/addresses if you so choose.

So, if I wanted to get into this... how do I go about doing it? I don't have a ton of asset to sink into it but I'd like to get in before say Amazon or MS endorse it and then start taking it as payment.

It peaked at 19k and now it dropped to 15k in less than an hour. It's happening

So, if I wanted to get into this... how do I go about doing it? I don't have a ton of asset to sink into it but I'd like to get in before say Amazon or MS endorse it and then start taking it as payment.

That isnt where there is money to be made. It wont be a mainstream currency, it will be "Gold 2.0" as somebody said. The money to be made is when I was telling people to sell at 8k and it is now double that. lol. Don't buy Bitcoin right now. Most people buy high, that is why it is high in the first place. If people started selling or even using bitcoin, it will go down. People are holding it. That is where the money has been. Sell it for US dollars. Nobody actually wants bitcoin. They want the money it can be converted into. None of this gain is real until you withdraw it. Until you sell it.

Last edited:
Just pulled my bitcoin out. Invested 94 bucks a few months ago and just pulled out 260. I'm looking to buy ripple before it explodes in the new year.

That isnt where there is money to be made. It wont be a mainstream currency, it will be "Gold 2.0" as somebody said. The money to be made is when I was telling people to sell at 8k and it is now double that. lol. Don't buy Bitcoin right now. Most people buy high, that is why it is high in the first place. If people started selling or even using bitcoin, it will go down. People are holding it. That is where the money has been. Sell it for US dollars. Nobody actually wants bitcoin. They want the money it can be converted into. None of this gain is real until you withdraw it. Until you sell it.
So it's just like stocks?

Like i know there is Bitcoin, Ether, and something else and I've been curious for a bit.

Where do you guys see the price of bitcoin going?

The volatility of it is insane, which makes it impossible for retailers to get on board.

The volatility of it is insane, which makes it impossible for retailers to get on board.

I'm kinda pissed I had the chance to buy it at 14 dollars a coin just before it balloon to 700 within a few months. Here is a thread I started in 2013 where it was around 700 dollars each.

It exploded literally over night after it hit the web. It then hung around for a time. Here is the link to the thread. That being said number being thrown around is 30,000 to 32,000 before hitting the mantle.

I think government's are going to derail it before then though.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/the-bitcoin-pizzle-how-to-trade-in-bitcoins.2611641/

Mined some coins back in 2011ish on my good old 7970 through bitminter. I had long forgotten about them until I saw the price start to pop. Turns out a had a hard drive with my old wallet stored in my office drawer. I was also able to recover my account on bitminter and transferred my remaining coins. I'm struggling on whether to sel now and reward the family with a swimming pool or whether I should hold fast and hold out.

Most likely going to sell enough to pay for a new pool on Monday/Tuesday when it hits OTC in Chicago and hold the rest for at least a year. Sell the news. If it goes to a million I won't completely miss out... and if it goes to 0 I can float my drunken ass around the pool with a smug look on my face.

I honestly have to say though. It's a bit surreal. If I had any other investment that went from basically 0 to six figures I'd be in a panic to sell.

100K per bitcoin isn't unrealistic.

I'm kinda pissed I had the chance to buy it at 14 dollars a coin just before it balloon to 700 within a few months. Here is a thread I started in 2013 where it was around 700 dollars each.

It exploded literally over night after it hit the web. It then hung around for a time. Here is the link to the thread. That being said number being thrown around is 30,000 to 32,000 before hitting the mantle.

I think government's are going to derail it before then though.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/the-bitcoin-pizzle-how-to-trade-in-bitcoins.2611641/

It would have been awesome to get in early and cash out, but who knows where it will end up in the long run.

Mined some coins back in 2011ish on my good old 7970 through bitminter. I had long forgotten about them until I saw the price start to pop. Turns out a had a hard drive with my old wallet stored in my office drawer. I was also able to recover my account on bitminter and transferred my remaining coins. I'm struggling on whether to sel now and reward the family with a swimming pool or whether I should hold fast and hold out.

Most likely going to sell enough to pay for a new pool on Monday/Tuesday when it hits OTC in Chicago and hold the rest for at least a year. Sell the news. If it goes to a million I won't completely miss out... and if it goes to 0 I can float my drunken ass around the pool with a smug look on my face.

I honestly have to say though. It's a bit surreal. If I had any other investment that went from basically 0 to six figures I'd be in a panic to sell.

what are you sitting at if you don't mind me asking?

Yeah I have no idea how I get my bitcoin from Coinbase to a paper wallet. I’ve read a few sites and reddit but my dumb brain can’t figure it out. I need a proper step by step list of instructions.

Back