Quentin Tarantino and J.J. Abrams Team Up for STAR TREK Movie (Update: Will Be R-Rated)

OMG. I don't like this at all. They wouldn't let let Seth touch the franchise despite his clear commitment to canon, yet will allow Tarantino to make a Tarantino movie in space?

I only can say I do not like the rebooted universe anyway. And I do not like Tarantino either.

I love this idea.

Quentin will make a Star Trek movie, not a Tarantino movie. Remember that two-part episode of CSI he directed? Except for some dialogue about board games and the casting of Frank Gorshin, it was pretty unrecognizable as a Tarantino project.

I don't like the idea of Quentin making a Star Trek movie because it would be limiting.
However, i would definitely watch a Star Trek/space themed movie by him

I love this idea.

Quentin will make a Star Trek movie, not a Tarantino movie. Remember that two-part episode of CSI he directed? Except for some dialogue about board games and the casting of Frank Gorshin, it was pretty unrecognizable as a Tarantino project.

Yeah thats my problem

I'd rather have a Tarantino movie and not a Star Trek movie

Yeah thats my problem

I'd rather have a Tarantino movie and not a Star Trek movie

So would I, but a lot of people are angry at the prospect and i don't think it's going to happen. I envision a really good Star Trek movie, not a Tarantino movie.

Samuel L. Jackson as a foul mouthed bad ass klingon warahip captain would be sweet. "Set phaser to kick ass."
Lt. grom, hand me my phaser.

Sir. Which one is your phaser?

The one that says bad mother fucker.

Star Trek better not be his last film since it would be number ten. Good ideas don't stop at ten, dammit! He's not fading!

Last edited by a moderator:
Star Trek better not be his last film since he would be number ten. Good ideas don't stop at ten, dammit! He's not fading!

Well I think he has already made the best movie he is ever going to make

So might as well stop soon

Well I think he has already made the best movie he is ever going to make

So might as well stop soon
You don't know what hasn't happened yet. People have peaks and depressions in their career. Some movies are better than others, and Tarentino doesn't make bad movies at all.

"I need everyone to continue killing motherfuckers admirably"

Sam jackson, Christoph Waltz and Leo all in a Star Trek movie. I’ll watch.

Brace yourselves for a ten minute scene of Ferengi talking about how tipping goes against the Rules of Acquisition.

I don't like it. In fact I haven't liked anything Tarantino has made since Kill Bill (which was great). And even 2004 Tarantino would have been wrong for the Star Trek franchise.

I actually like it. JJ Abrams' weakness is writing, and that's Tarantino's strength.

And Tarantino's weakness could be that he overindulges in dialogue and can lose pacing and excitement, which is something JJ is good at.

This could turn out to be great
Agreed. I have already resigned myself to the fact that a more pensive, philosophical Star Trek will probably never make it to to the big screen again.

If we can't get hard scifi, maybe we can get hard R. Maybe a gritty Starfleet Section 31 commando movie in the vein of the Wild Bunch... or, you know, naked Orion chicks. If you're into that sort of thing.

Other than the first star trek movie I haven't enjoyed any of the others.

Update: December 7, 2017

Quentin Tarantino's STAR TREK Will Be Rated R; Mark L. Smith Frontrunner to Write

P0fEfk9.jpg

After Deadline this week revealed that Quentin Tarantino pitched a Star Trek film to JJ Abrams and Paramount, the whole thing is moving at warp speed. Tarantino met for hours in a writers room with Mark L. Smith, Lindsey Beer, and Drew Pearce. They kicked around ideas and one of them will get the job. Deadline is hearing the frontrunner is Smith, who wrote The Revenant.

The film will most certainly go where no Star Trek has gone before: Tarantino has required it to be R rated, and Paramount and Abrams agreed to that condition. Most mega budget tent poles restrict the film to a PG-13 rating in an effort to maximize the audience. That was the reason that Guillermo Del Toro’s $150 million At The Mountains of Madness didn’t go forward at Universal, even though Tom Cruise was ready to star. The exception to this rule was Fox’s Deadpool, but that film started out with modest ambitions before it caught on and became the biggest R rated film ever.

That rating was crucially important to Tarantino, who hopes to direct this Star Trek and who has helmed R rated films his entire career. Imagine how this could open storytelling lanes, or even what the banter on the bridge of the Starship Enterprise might be, if you conjure up memories of the conversations between Samuel L. Jackson and John Travolta in Pulp Fiction, or the banter at the diner between robbers before the heist gone wrong that triggered the action in Reservoir Dogs.

Smith is best known for writing the Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu-directed The Revenant and subsequently overhauled Overlord, the WWII thriller that Abrams’ Bad Robot is producing for Paramount. Pearce’s script credits include Iron Man 3, Sherlock Holmes 3, Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation and the TV series Runaway TV; he just directed his script Hotel Artemis; Beer’s credits are mostly upcoming, and include the Doug Liman-directed Chaos Walking, as well as Godzilla Vs. Kong, Masters of the Universe, Barbarella and Dungeons and Dragons, all big scale stuff.

They will lock one of the three quickly (if there is a front runner, it might be Smith), and the film will be scripted based on Tarantino’s idea while Tarantino is filming his next film about the Manson summer of 1969, which got set at Sony and has I, Tonya‘s Margot Robbie poised to play Sharon Tate, and Cruise, Leonardo DiCaprio and Brad Pitt all having met with the filmmaker about roles.

Quentin Tarantino’s ‘Star Trek’ Will Be R-Rated: ‘The Revenant’s Mark L. Smith Frontrunner Scribe

Back