alt-Right women are upset that alt-Right Men are treating them terribly

Higus

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
https://www.salon.com/2017/12/04/al...hat-alt-right-men-are-treating-them-terribly/
https://www.salon.com/2017/12/04/al...hat-alt-right-men-are-treating-them-terribly/
“Alt-right” women are upset that “alt-right” men are treating them terribly
Some prominent “alt-right” women are calling for more equality and acceptance within the movement
RACHEL LEAH12.04.2017•12:40 PM
There's trouble brewing in the MAGA world, as prominent women in the "alt-right" are upset that white nationalists are being misogynistic towards them.

Women in the "alt-right" "are constantly harassed by low level anonymous trolls trying to put us in our place," self-described "Ethno Nationalist" Tara McCarthy wrote on Twitter Sunday, in a moment of revelation that was well-known to basically anyone else. "The ultimate goal seems to be to bully us off the internet."

Women in the Alt Right are constantly harassed by low status anonymous trolls trying to put us in our place.

Women of all ages, who do or don't have children, are harassed for various 'reasons'.

The ultimate goal seems to be to bully us off the internet.

— Tara McCarthy (@TaraMcCarthy444)December 3, 2017
https://twitter.com/TaraMcCarthy444/status/937334702381371394?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Men in the Alt Right are going to have to decide whether they will continue to passively/actively endorse this behavior, or speak out against it.

If you want more women speaking publicly about ethno nationalism, I suggest you choose the latter.

— Tara McCarthy (@TaraMcCarthy444)December 3, 2017
https://twitter.com/TaraMcCarthy444/status/937335423722016773?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Guys, I'm not saying I can't take any trolling or harassment on the internet, *obviously* I can. I've probably had more of it than most of you will see in a lifetime, and I'm still here. Not going anywhere. I'm not stating the above solely for my own personal benefit. — Tara McCarthy (@TaraMcCarthy444)December 3, 2017
https://twitter.com/TaraMcCarthy444/status/937336434893246464?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

The problem I'm stating here is not that 'there are trolls on the internet' but that people who proclaim to be on our side are trying to tear down women in our in-group. If you can't see why this is dysfunctional, I can't help you. — Tara McCarthy (@TaraMcCarthy444)December 3, 2017
https://twitter.com/TaraMcCarthy444/status/937337826210918400?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

By the end of the thread, McCarthy made it clear that these trolls are part of the "alt-right." "The problem I'm stating here is not that 'there are trolls on the internet' but that people who proclaim to be on our side are trying to tear down women in our in-group," she wrote.

Another self-described "conservative woman" also had a problem with her movement's underlying culture. In a video titled, "Why I'm Not Married," Lauren Southern responded to the backlash she received for pushing "traditional family values" and trying to tear down feminism — while not turning into a baby-making machine, herself.

"I am not trying to sell the idea that myself, as a 22-year-old, needs to be married right now for the sake of traditionalism and not being a degenerate," Southern said in a YouTube video. "What is also just completely shocking to me is the utter lack of understanding of nuance."

Southern said that women should be able to choose their own life path and not be attacked for it, which sounds like what women have been shouting for a few decades now.

While McCarthy would like to see racism without the sexism in the white supremacist movement — and Southern would appreciate it if anti-feminist women were given the ability to choose for themselves what kind of life they want to lead — it's worth wondering if these women are liberal.

After all, what kind of "alt-right" darling wants to promote some intersectionalism?

<36>
Wow, where to begin? Is this a case of "Women ruin everything", or do women deserve a spot at the ethno nationalist table?

1grvjo.jpg

well if you surround yourself with openly misogynistic creatures...

If they're "anonymous", how can they be "Low status"?

You have no idea who they are. They could be the POTUS.

Interesting, not surprising but interesting nonetheless.

Ah the importance of nuance and context. The first casualties of any large movement.

You would have thought she was tipped off when the only job she qualified for in the Alt-Right was sandwhich-maker.

Salon is one of the leftist publications trying to normalize pedophilia.

16.png

Salon is one of the leftist publications trying to normalize pedophilia.
I thought Roy Moore was trying to normalize pedophilia by being a pedophile and getting his voter base to defend him? <{yahyou}>

There are trolls on the Internet? Thanks salon.com!

I just hope for these women's sake that these MAGA hat wearing alt-right clowns aren't as molesty and rapey as so many progressive male feminist "allies" seem to be.

Also just watched the Lauren Southern video on "Why I'm not married" and she says one of the stupidest things I've heard in defense of her position. This is the 1st time I've ever listened to/read anything from her so I hope this isn't common.

She states that she's longing for an age they never lived in and want to recreate something they never grew up being taught or understood.

I hope the flaws here are obvious. How can you long for an era that you never lived in? What exactly is the basis for that longing, why would you believe that it's better than the current era? If someone said they longed for the era of Medieval Europe, people would hopefully stop and explain just why Europe stopped being Medieval Europe. Just because you like knights and shit doesn't change everything else that was required for that era to exist - like hereditary power structures, absence of rights and divine government leadership.

The second component is wanting to recreate something they never grew up being taught or understood. You cannot recreate something that you have no experience with or didn't get to properly understand, at least not accurately. It's destined for failure. The era of "traditional" values that she's claiming she wants to recreate absolutely would have expected her to be married by 22, uneducated, and with at least 1 child by now. How she can defend needing time to find herself and finish her education while wanting to recreate a world that specifically said women shouldn't waste time doing that is characteristic of poorly thought out ideological positions.

It's the economic equivalent of the people who want to recreate the economic environment of post-WW2 America but don't want to recreate the higher tax brackets that came with it.

I just hope for these women's sake that these MAGA hat wearing alt-right clowns aren't as molesty and rapey as so many progressive male feminist "allies" seem to be.
why would they be any better?

Back