Aldo went down like a true champion. Swangin’ and bangin’, not tapping to strikes

Status
Not open for further replies.
you know....striking is very, very fast.
If you take your brain health seriously, you don't go into Football, Boxing, MMA, Soccer and so on to begin with.

Tapping to strikes is the sign of a quitter.

thank you for your considerations.

Possibly, though in that case tapping to chokes and locks is a sign of an even bigger quitter, since they're quitting for something with far smaller consequences.

You're welcome, thank you for yours in return.

Aldo's legacy is that of the guy who was afraid to fight up a weight class, got embarasseded in 13 seconds by Conor, and then brutalized twice by another superior fighter in Max. 0-3 when facing decent strikers, and was fucking smashed 3 times in his prime at the age of 30.

Gsp avenged every loss, and captured a belt in a weight class above after half a decade of retirement.

There is levels to this shit, and GSP is several tiers above Aldo in terms of fighting ability.

How Aldo will be remebered:
5f4017ccd1551383551c343666c263ce.gif

giphy.gif

hqdefault.jpg

aldo.gif

How GSP will be remembered:
202_Michael_Bisping_vs_Georges_St_Pierre.0.jpg

Deal with it @Toner .

Toner got rekt like 13 seconds rekt

once inside the battle, that is all or nothing, you fight to the end. MMA is not about generals, it's about warriors.

In fact its drummed into your heads in boot camp that you never, ever, stop thinking in battle. Your mission, your squad, and your life depends on you being a real warrior - and that means reacting as intelligently as possible with the information on hand. This is if anything more true for the grunts in battle than the generals, because generals tend to be further away from immediate action.

You're thinking about movies, or comic books. Real war (what real warriors fight in - hence the term war-rior) requires nerves of steel which allow clear thinking under extreme pressure. War is about achieving mission objectives, and the best way of doing so varies from mission to mission. Sometimes retreat is the best option - you can't win a war with all your soldiers 'bravely' dead. But lots of wars have been won with armies that retreated initially. Study the first month of WW1 for an example. Or look at the Red Army's initial retreats against the Nazi's in WW2 (or for that matter, the Russian army's retreat against Napolean, only to eventually win the war).

Cute wording for exploited, expired, exposed, surpassed and man handled with no tools and no mindset to adapt to this massive problem called Max Holloway.

Aldo quit and was looking for a way out. He was looking up at the ref, after pulling mount, through his bloody face hoping for a stoppage from Herb.
Yeh judge a man not by his overall record but his defeats... shertard logic.

In fact its drummed into your heads in boot camp that you never, ever, stop thinking in battle. Your mission, your squad, and your life depends on you being a real warrior - and that means reacting as intelligently as possible with the information on hand. This is if anything more true for the grunts in battle than the generals, because generals tend to be further away from immediate action.

You're thinking about movies, or comic books. Real war (what real warriors fight in - hence the term war-rior) requires nerves of steel which allow clear thinking under extreme pressure.

I do not agree with you.

And I do not have to agree with you.

Inside an MMA fight, it's all or nothing. Heart is shown by how much you're willing to give.

End of story. You can believe your version, leave me alone with my values.

Warriors in an all or nothing battle to death do not have such luxuries.

You have it backwards. Warriors in an all out, no holds bar battle to the death do not have the luxury for anything but clear thinking. You use the terrain to your maximum effectiveness. You use movement. If the American revolutionaries would have taken your advice and stood in a line for a no-retreat fight to the death the United States would still be a British colony. Luckily Washington was smarter than that.

You have it backwards. Warriors in an all out, no holds bar battle to the death do not have the luxury for anything but clear thinking. You use the terrain to your maximum effectiveness. You use movement. If the American revolutionaries would have taken your advice and stood in a line for a no-retreat fight to the death the United States would still be a British colony. Luckily Washington was smarter than that.

man on man battle. That's mma. Inside a cage: nowhere to run.

You are thinking of a different situation under which a warrior may find himself.

I don't disagree with your points. I think they do not apply to MMA.

I do not agree with you.

And I do not have to agree with you.

Inside an MMA fight, it's all or nothing. Heart is shown by how much you're willing to give.

End of story. You can believe your version, leave me alone with my values.

You are of course completely free to have your own values and opinions. But if you state them on a public forum you have to expect people to counter with their own.

How am I acting bitter about it?

He had the chance to rematch Conor and didn’t take it after stating he’d fight him anytime anywhere. Facts
Okay, a 7 or 8 time defending champ cant get a proper rematch from a newly crowned first time ufc champ.

His daily injections into the belly?

You sound like you know what you're talking aboot.

Maybe something like that would help Aldo, because none of the tools, tactics, physical advantages he has can deal with Max Holloway. There isn't amount of grease on earth that could save him from Max Holloway.

He's gonna go out gassed, beaten, and looking subpar to Max every single time, without daily belly injections.

War Belly Injected Aldo.
War Belly should've been Roy Nelson's nickname.

All the GOAT's of the weight classes have that in common, they go to the bitter end when it comes to strikes.

Except for GSP but he redeemed that later on.

That was a good one mate. I think it should be the referees job only to stop the match due to strikes.
So you want them to leave their lives in the hands of potentially incompetent refs just to get bros like you to say “he went out on his shield bro”?

I’d love to see you in there against someone like Khabib, with Steve Mazagatti reffing your fight.

<CerseiPlotting>

that's a defeatist mentality. The reason why guys like Aldo and Jones are great, and GSP and Joanna are not.

Jones struggles with substance abuse and Aldo has lost 3 of his last 4 while GSP has beaten everyone he's ever faced and is a 2 division champion. he's far greater than both those fighters

Jones struggles with substance abuse and Aldo has lost 3 of his last 4 while GSP has beaten everyone he's ever faced and is a 2 division champion. he's far greater than both those fighters

I disagree.

GSP fought in a shallow division, never really put on impressive performances. Jones makes the entire roster look amateurish. Aldo was king for 10 years without ever running away from the sport.

Plus, GSP made his comeback fight against the weakest champion in MW history, as demonstrated by Kelvin.

But you are free to admire whoever you want. I see things this way, you won't change my mind. A lot of fighters have done far more impressive feats than GSP.

Can I have my own opinion? Thank you.

So you want them to leave their lives in the hands of potentially incompetent refs just to get bros like you to say “he went out on his shield bro”?

I’d love to see you in there against someone like Khabib, with Steve Mazagatti reffing your fight.

<CerseiPlotting>

I'm not a fucking MMA fighter you imbecile, I'm the guy that's paying their wages by watching it. Michael Johnson was against Khabib getting the shit smashed out of him for 3 rounds and he didn't tap until he got submitted cause he's a man.

If I don't like my fighters tapping to strikes like pussies and you don't like it then get it up you. Clown.

Last edited:
I'm not a fucking MMA fighter you imbecile, I'm the guy that's paying their wages by watching it. Michael Johnson was against Khabib getting the shit smashed out of him for 3 rounds and he didn't tap until he got submitted cause he's a man.

If don't I like my fighters tapping to strikes like pussies and you don't like it then get it up you. Clown.
Lol, you sound like a fucken meathead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back