Aldo went down like a true champion. Swangin’ and bangin’, not tapping to strikes

Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree.

GSP fought in a shallow division, never really put on impressive performances. Jones makes the entire roster look amateurish. Aldo was king for 10 years without ever running away from the sport.

Plus, GSP made his comeback fight against the weakest champion in MW history, as demonstrated by Kelvin.

But you are free to admire whoever you want. I see things this way, you won't change my mind. A lot of fighters have done far more impressive feats than GSP.

Can I have my own opinion? Thank you.

Jones's accomplishments are tainted by his repeated drug tests and the guys GSP beat are much better than Aldo's competition.

It doesn't matter what you think of bisping, he was the champion and GSP beat him and that's a huge accomplishment.

This isn't about admiration, this is about accomplishments and GSP's resume ranks as high as anybody's.

nobody is begrudging your right to your opinion, this is simply a debate

Jones's accomplishments are tainted by his repeated drug tests and the guys GSP beat are much better than Aldo's competition.

It doesn't matter what you think of bisping, he was the champion and GSP beat him and that's a huge accomplishment.

This isn't about admiration, this is about accomplishments and GSP's resume ranks as high as anybody's.

nobody is begrudging your right to your opinion, this is simply a debate

In my book, GSP is like....top 6 to 10.

I don't care for PEDs, I assume they're all on something.

And Bisping as the weakest MW champ in history matters a lot.

I'm not a fucking MMA fighter you imbecile, I'm the guy that's paying their wages by watching it. Michael Johnson was against Khabib getting the shit smashed out of him for 3 rounds and he didn't tap until he got submitted cause he's a man.

If don't I like my fighters tapping to strikes like pussies and you don't like it then get it up you. Clown.

Even bigger pussies if they tap to chokes and locks - ask any doctor.

Seriously, you really think chokes and locks are more dangerous than head strikes when you're already concussed? That's on the same scientific level as thinking the world is flat.

In my book, GSP is like....top 6 to 10.

I don't care for PEDs, I assume they're all on something.

And Bisping as the weakest MW champ in history matters a lot.

just because you choose not to care doesn't the away the validity of failed drug tests. Jones is a confirmed cheater and it does put his accomplishments in question.

whatever you think of bisping as champ, he was still champ. and in the end a much more credible champ than Jones ever was

So true.

Joanna tapped to strikes....Shogun tapped to strikes, gave up. GSP tapped to strikes.

Aldo is a true warrior.
The beating that shogun took from Jones wasa testament to his toughness, he could of turted up well before then and let the reff stop it

just because you choose not to care doesn't the away the validity of failed drug tests. Jones is a confirmed cheater and it does put his accomplishments in question.

whatever you think of bisping as champ, he was still champ. and in the end a much more credible champ than Jones ever was

In what questions? Do you know the rate of efficacy of the tests? Do you know how many false negatives you can get away with? Isn't it odd that fighters are caught at all??? After all, if they will be tested, they will surely be caught, right?

No! The tests are passable, and Jones dominated opponents who were likely undertaking the same regimens.

Bisping was the weakest champion in the history of MMA. GSP's comeback to fight him was utterly unimpressive.

Again, you can have GSP as all time GOAT, whatever. I really do not care. I see the world through my lens and if you want to show me something new, I'm totally open minded for it. I'm just not into people trying to shove their narratives down my throat.

In what questions? Do you know the rate of efficacy of the tests? Do you know how many false negatives you can get away with? Isn't it odd that fighters are caught at all??? After all, if they will be tested, they will surely be caught, right?

No! The tests are passable, and Jones dominated opponents who were likely undertaking the same regimens.

Bisping was the weakest champion in the history of MMA. GSP's comeback to fight him was utterly unimpressive.

Again, you can have GSP as all time GOAT, whatever. I really do not care. I see the world through my lens and if you want to show me something new, I'm totally open minded for it. I'm just not into people trying to shove their narratives down my throat.

you can make all the excuses you want, Jones was caught twice, so his record and legitimacy are always gonna have a shroud

i never called GSP the goat, but he's definitely far greater than Aldo.

nobody is shoving anything down anyone's throat. just a debate

you can make all the excuses you want, Jones was caught twice, so his record and legitimacy are always gonna have a shroud

i never called GSP the goat, but he's definitely far greater than Aldo.

nobody is shoving anything down anyone's throat. just a debate

not excuses: facts

Aldo>GSP

not a debate. Not interested....

Even bigger pussies if they tap to chokes and locks - ask any doctor.

Seriously, you really think chokes and locks are more dangerous than head strikes when you're already concussed? That's on the same scientific level as thinking the world is flat.

Would you like to see fighters tapping to strikes more often?

Cute wording for exploited, expired, exposed, surpassed and man handled with no tools and no mindset to adapt to this massive problem called Max Holloway.

Aldo quit and was looking for a way out. He was looking up at the ref, after pulling mount, through his bloody face hoping for a stoppage from Herb.

He was giving a thumbs up you fucking idiot.

he shouldve tapped tbh. that stoppage should have come 25 punches earlier.
herb dean will be the first ref to kill a guy in the ufc.

Last edited:
not excuses: facts

Aldo>GSP

not a debate. Not interested....

they are excuses, Jones tested positive, therefore his record is rightly questionable. trying to spin around that is just making excuses.

GSP is 2 division champ who has beaten every opponent he's faced, even beating the MW champ coming off a 3 year hiatus. Aldo has lost 3 of his last 4, including losing twice in a row to the same guy, the same way, in almost the same amount of time.

if you're not interested in debating your opinion, message boards might not be the best place, just sayin

So true.

Joanna tapped to strikes....Shogun tapped to strikes, gave up. GSP tapped to strikes.

Aldo is a true warrior.
You guys are funny. Good on him for not realizing how done he was but no reason to shit on fighters who are bright enough to know when they've had it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back