Snooker World Championship 2017

Update: I've managed to watch the first half. It was fascinating to watch Selby screw up his determination to finish well. I appreciated the announcers mentioning the grueling matches they've both already had. Fatigue certainly helps explain some of their misses. Pressure is also a factor, of course, but in the first session, their misses seemed to bother them more than one might have come to expect.

It was a good tournament. Selby has won 3 world titles now, he is writing himself into the snooker hall of fame. He could go down as one of the greatest ever, with a few more titles.

It was a good tournament. Selby has won 3 world titles now, he is writing himself into the snooker hall of fame. He could go down as one of the greatest ever, with a few more titles.
Realistically, there aren't many ahead of him, true enough. I hate his style though. Sadly, for all his greatness, he is everything people say about Georges St. Pierre, while I think of O'Sullivan as snooker's Anderson Silva. Mercurial and exciting with so much natural talent it's almost sickening to see it wasted on such a personality yet how can you not love the guy? He's amazing. Selby, on the other hand, gets to the finish line by dragging his opponent through quicksand. He's Cliff Thorburn without all the coke.
It was a good final, but not "one for the ages", that's for sure. I didn't see the rest of the matches, as you know. Not a lot of point when final the outcome is spoiled already but I don't doubt you.

I really need to win the lottery so I can bring snooker back here to my province in a proper way. I believe $3-400K would do it. Wanna invest? LOL

So, it's the Shanghai Masters now and Ronnie is playing at 2:30am local time, i.e. in about an hour, I think. Anyone think this will be a negative for him?

@Goonerview do you ever gamble on the matches?

@Goonerview
My mistake, it's a replay. The final will be Trump vs. O'Sullivan. Whom are you picking to win?

Ronald is on fire as of late. Guy is focused.

World Qualifiers have (rightfully) moved back to the EIS in Sheffield. It's probably the best 7 days of the year if you live close. Far better to attend than the Tournament itself at the Crucible.

UK Championship last 16 about to start tomorrow. Sounds like a scrappy tournament so far with a few favourites already gone.

Mark King just knocked out Higgins. Without him, Robertson, Judd, Ding or Selby, Ronnie's chances have improved.

So Ronnie beat Murphy 10-5 in the final, which ties Steve Davis with 6 UKs and is now just 5 ranking titles behind Hendry. Amazing for this era and being 42 years old.

World Qualifiers have (rightfully) moved back to the EIS in Sheffield. It's probably the best 7 days of the year if you live close. Far better to attend than the Tournament itself at the Crucible.

These are in a couple of weeks. Week off work. Will be attending 9am until midnight each day. Going to be a good April!

Back