A blue belt i use to own medaled in mundials

DamasR

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
back when i was a white belt i use to own this blue belt, and now recently i checked and i saw that he medled this year in mundials. for some reason this pisses me off...

back when i was a white belt i use to own this blue belt, and now recently i checked and i saw that he medled this year in mundials. for some reason this pisses me off...

what is there to get pissed about? He got better....is that unexpected? you sound bitter

What's his success has to do with you? Your ego that fragile??

Congrats TS, you should just retire now, and you can always say that beat a World Champ!

You shoulda been working harder rather than slacking...

Maybe give it a go.

You might be sitting on untapped talent.

Have you ever thought of competitive training?

I get where you're coming from, some seek the bright lights, some are happy at the home hearth fires.

Maybe give it a go.

latest

A few questions:
1.) Are you the same size?
2.)Were you "owning" him with the same technique/position/guard?
3.) Do you train at the same BJJ academy?
4.) What weight did he win Mundials at? I ask this because some weights aren't that deep.
5.)Are you sure he was looking at the roll as competively as you were? He might have been working on his weaknesses and not looking to "win" the roll.

You shouldn't be pissed. Instead of being angry with his success,try and gain insight in what he did to get to that level so you can replicate it(assuming you want the same result).Stop being a hater.

Last edited:
You beat him in practice?

Who cares.

He has a Mundial medal and you do not.

Maybe you should have competed.

Maybe you did compete and you owned him long ago, maybe he trained harder since then and is now better than you.

Maybe he didn't, maybe you should just STFU and prove to him and yourself you're still better than him

Maybe he beats your ass and you train harder

Maybe you win, but no one cares because unless it's blackbelt division it's really not a big deal.

It's called jealousy. It's pretty common. The first step in dealing with a problem is accepting that it exists.

Seem like a troll thread to me. To quote Allen Iverson "we talking about practice".

Don't be that guy to keep a record of gym wins

Back