I'm not sure GSP should really get credit as a 2 division champion

MescalineDreams

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Nothing against him, but he beat a past prime bisping. Who wasn't even a top 5 fighter. On some level we have to take off the rose coloured glasses and see that win for what It was.

It was a good win and a good performance having been off for 4 years but It certainly shouldn't have been a championship fight.

We all know Bisping was the equivalent of Matt serra when It comes to credibility as a champion.

That said, no hate on him for not staying at middleweight. No reason for him to fight the killers of that divisionn at this stage of his career,

He won the WW belt.

He won the MW belt.

2 division champion.

I'm not sure I'd consider you to be too bright.

Nothing against him, but he beat a past prime bisping. Who wasn't even a top 5 fighter. On some level we have to take off the rose coloured glasses and see that win for what It was.

It was a good win and a good performance having been off for 4 years but It certainly shouldn't have been a championship fight.

We all know Bisping was the equivalent of Matt serra when It comes to credibility as a champion.

That said, no hate on him for not staying at middleweight. No reason for him to fight the killers of that divisionn at this stage of his career,
Compared to Conor who beat verified GOATS to get his?

well

he’s filled out the requisite forms

SO

He has fought at MW the same number of times as mcgregor has fought at LW.

I don't see you disputing mcgregor's claim.

He announced he doesn't want to come back to MW today.

He will never be considered a 2 division champ in my eyes.....Whitaker was the champ the second he beat Jacare and Romero......

Calling GSP a 2 division champ cheapens the accomplishment.....

Bisping sat on the belt for 518 days (17 months) without ever defending against a top MW. Thats enough time for 4 of 5 fights. Meanwhile, Whitaker beat Jacare and Romero. Whitakers belt is the real one.

He announced he doesn't want to come back to MW today.

He will never be considered a 2 division champ in my eyes.....Whitaker was the champ the second he beat Jacare and Romero......

When is mcgregor coming back to featherweight

I feel like UFC belts haven't the same legitimacy in the last years

If that's the case then BJ and Conor shouldn't be considered two division champions either but they are cause they were.

I'm not sure Francis really beat Overeem. I know he knocked him out but it's like, overeem isn't even like, you know?

by definition, he is.

what you'll have to change is your perception about the definition. mental * are good for that.

sadly, WME is forcing us to rethink lots of things we used to take for grant.

there is an old adage in boxing that goes something like "it's easier to win a title fight than get one." sadly, MMA has now borrowed some of the worst things (favoritism in title fights and scoring to just name two) from that sport.

<FookIsThatGuy>

Back