Unsigned Heavyweights - Thread Four

Adams is huge. He trains with Blaydes doesn't he? Is his game similar to Curtis'?

Somewhat. Juan's power, size, and raw strength changes how he fights a bit. Juan doesn't need to be as agile as Curtis, since everything he does is much more potent due to his physical abilities. It's really hard to compare Juan to other fighters since there hasn't really been a recent high level heavy with his size and strength. Lesnar is probably the closest comparison, but even he would look small next to Juan.

Denis Goltsov will be fighting Chase Gormley at ACB 77.

Sakho definitely looks around 233. Then again I've been wrong before with weights, some guys are deceptively heavy.

Also keep an eye on Juan Adams, he fights again on LFA 32 with an opponent TBA. If you guys think Ngannou is big, Juan has a couple inches in height and about 50 pounds on him.

6f8gbdD.png
juan was a funny prospect, he's not torn up, but something about his stature screams he's way bigger then you think. then you watch film and yup he's basically arizona's own bigfoot

this week>
Grayson Wells 3-1 vs. Dustin Joynson 3-0
Devon Neis 5-5 vs. Jared Henderson 4-4
Adam Dyczka 6-0 vs. Bakary Sakho 1-0
Mindaugas Gerve 2-0 vs. Willian Hoffmann 8-3
Shakhavat Mamedov vs. Andrey Aprelkov dual debut
Denis Vasiliev vs. Pavel Chukhutin dual debut
Roman Shakolov vs. Ivan Engelgardt dual debut
Evgeniy Goncharov 9-3 vs. Aleksey Golubovsky 0-0
Jason Walraven 8-7 vs. Shelton Graves 7-3
Ruben Esparza 1-1 vs. Justin Overton 0-3
Ben Moa 2-0 vs. Eric Iman 4-3
Tyson Cowan 0-0 vs. Jared Toothaker 2-3
Murod Hanturaev 10-3 vs. Christian Salmank 0-1
Shadid Rashidov 0-1 vs. Vyacheslav Gorbunov 0-0

Last edited:

Huh, I thought Gerve would be going through BAMMA. He's probably the best prospect at HW in the UK right now, so I'm curious to see how he does. Big step up in competition versus Hoffmann. Gerve has some decent kickboxing experience, and is athletic, so it should be interesting if he can keep it on the feet.

Huh, I thought Gerve would be going through BAMMA. He's probably the best prospect at HW in the UK right now, so I'm curious to see how he does. Big step up in competition versus Hoffmann. Gerve has some decent kickboxing experience, and is athletic, so it should be interesting if he can keep it on the feet.
Saw him on a Serbian card - I think, don't actually remember which card it was other than that it was in Europe - and he looks good. Hoffmann could definitely play spoiler though.

Here's hoping that we might see a HW prospect pass his first test with flying colors.

Dyczka TKO’s Sakho in the first round. Sakho still way too raw and is over reliant on his flashy kicks.

Sakho is still way too raw. He needs another couple years to round out and get experience I think.

Dyczka is pretty solid, I still think once he hits the top 20 at HW he'll flunk out, unless he focuses way more on S&C. We'll see if the UFC grabs him.

I'd actually like to see him fight Tanner Boser, if he can beat Boser, he can hang in the UFC.

Also another fight where experience trumped athleticism, Hoffmann defeated Gerve by unanimous decision. Gerve's takedown defense was pretty bad, and Hoffmann just grounded him and rode out top control.

Gerve looked pretty good standing with his muay thai, but for a guy as tall and lanky as he is, his bottom game and ability to get back up off the ground was far below expectations.

Sakho has impressive Physics and looks really athletic, if he works with the right people he could become a hot prospect.

Dyczkas record looks impressive (7-0) and all TKO's , can't rate his opponents but I think he could do well in the UFC with the right match up's at the begining. The HW Division needs every talent they can get.

btw. this confuses me a bit

Should be an easy win for Lungu.
I always had a bit o a soft sport for Lungu, he might be overweight, but he's a brawler with power, a great chin and a good ground game, skillwise he's actually a good heavyweight.

Yeah, he's a very decent HW to be honest, once you get past his 'look'.

What are your thoughts on Shelton Graves? He's 8-3 and won his 6th fight in a row last weekend and has five straight finishes. From what i've seen they're not always pretty but they're very effective. Most know Graves from his Contender Series win over Everett Sims and he's the current ROC Champion. He won a KO of the night bonus in his last fight for Primus FC. I haven't seen the fight but the event is on Fite.tv.

What are your thoughts on Shelton Graves? He's 8-3 and won his 6th fight in a row last weekend and has five straight finishes. From what i've seen they're not always pretty but they're very effective. Most know Graves from his Contender Series win over Everett Sims and he's the current ROC Champion. He won a KO of the night bonus in his last fight for Primus FC. I haven't seen the fight but the event is on Fite.tv.
Hard for me to rate him, as I believe that his win over Sims shouldn't have been much of a surprise. I could see him becoming a gatekeeper for the top 15 at most. He's ugly on the feet, but his top control ain't that bad.

Hard for me to rate him, as I believe that his win over Sims shouldn't have been much of a surprise. I could see him becoming a gatekeeper for the top 15 at most. He's ugly on the feet, but his top control ain't that bad.

Pretty much agreed all around.

I think he deserves another shot on DWTNCS. Have him fight Jeff Hughes or a guy who won't let him get easy takedowns.

Sergiu Spivac 7-0 vs. Björn Schmiedeberg 12-7-1
Carlos Ruan 4-0 vs. Renan Ferreira 2-1
Dmitry Rimkunas vs. Muradaga Muradagaev dual debut
Hugo Cunha vs. Robson da Silva dual debut
Kyle Francotti 0-0 vs. Chris Harrison 0-1
Darren Towler 11-8 vs. Tony Mustard 7-3
Marquis Allen 1-0 vs. Aaron Bush 2-0
Marvin Skipper 4-0 vs. Tebaris Gordon 2-0
Edison Lopes 8-3 vs. Michel Batista 3-0
Steve Mowry 2-0 vs. Frank Tate 5-4
James Thompson 20-16 vs. Phil De Fries 13-6
Chris Larsen 2-1 vs. Craig Hudson 4-6
Michael Thomas 0-0 vs. Phillip McGlothlin 1-1
Andrew van Zyl 15-3 vs. Jared Vanderaa 6-1
Ricky Misholas 5-7 vs. Kevin Koekemoer 0-0
Adam Bogatirov 4-0 vs. Adel Zaripov 0-0
Karl Etherington 12-3 vs. Kevin Green 0-0
Oleg Kubanov 0-3 vs. Ismail Sagov 0-0
Vitaly Minakov 20-0 vs. Tony Johnson Jr. 11-3
Virgil Zwicker 26-6-1 vs. Aleksander Emelianenko 24-7
Alexey Stoyan 6-2 vs. Evgeniy Goncharov 9-3
Philipp Lau 0-1 vs. Ivan Kravchuk 0-0
Koray Cengiz 3-1 vs. Ben Adwubi 2-1 (243)
Kevin Szaflarski 3-1 vs. Adnan Alić 4-10
Vitor Casanova 1-2 vs. Julio Cesar 0-0
Ruben Esparza 1-1 vs. Justin Overton 0-3 (MW vs WW, either both got jacked or this is just CW)
Christopher Daukaus 4-2 vs. Plinio Cruz 8-7
Alex Meyers 2-0 vs. Shawn Teed 4-1
Logan Hooper 0-0 vs. Randy Zarza 3-2
Alexandru Lungu 15-4 vs. Adnan Alić 4-10 (350!!! )
Nick Negumereanu 6-0 vs. Olutobi Ayodeji Kalejaiye 7-5

THE WEEK OF WEEKS

I hope the UFC signs Minakov, Ivanov and Pavlovich soon. Would be a nice addition to the HW division.

I hope the UFC signs Minakov, Ivanov and Pavlovich soon. Would be a nice addition to the HW division.

I think Minakov will stay in Russia, he is making good money and has other things than MMA. Pavlovich might come over in a couple of years. Ivanov might come over if the PFL thing ends up a bust.

Volkov only got $14,000 to show against Struve. He ended up with $80,500 after all his bonuses but it's still presumably less than FNG will be paying Minakov to crush cans.

Back