how important is a good sleep cycle

tekkenfan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
lately iv been waking up at 4 pm and sleeping around 6 am and i feel like garbage but because im withdrawing from a certain medication im curious how my sleep cycle would help this does it really matter just staying up till you passout and waking up 10-12 hours later im sure it matters but how much?

Sleep is very important:
  • Less tired during the day
  • More energy for workout
  • Less hunger
  • More fat used for energy
  • Fewer calories stored as fat
  • More calories used for muscle buildng
  • More testosterone
  • Better muscle retention
  • Symptoms of overtraining
  • Essential for production of GH
  • Better immune system
  • Improved cognitive performance
  • Reduced injury risk

I've been thinking a lot about sleep lately. I don't use caffeine (I hate the taste of coffee) and I'm now starting to get tired in the afternoon. On weekends I take a nap, and now I'm starting to take one at work for about 30mins. It make a huge difference. Rather than using some stimulant to get through the day, a nap refreshes me big time.

I wonder what the evolutionary biology reason for this is. There must be a reason that you need a nap as you get older.

This is a bit random. I used to be a full time athlete and one of the long held beliefs in the sport was to get 8-10 hrs of regular sleep and to have a nap in the afternoon.

Sleep is very important:
  • Less tired during the day
  • More energy for workout
  • Less hunger
  • More fat used for energy
  • Fewer calories stored as fat
  • More calories used for muscle buildng
  • More testosterone
  • Better muscle retention
  • Symptoms of overtraining
  • Essential for production of GH
  • Better immune system
  • Improved cognitive performance
  • Reduced injury risk

is it sleep or as certain sleep cycle tbh i sleep least 10 hours a day so i get plenty of it but i tend to play games or be online till i eventually passout at night

age makes a huge difference. after the age 30 you can feel it. nature just wants you to die after the age of 30 haha....

Not really noticed much difference, now in my 40's.

my recovery clearly isn't the same as when i was 25 or even 30. i am 37 now and if i don't get much sleep, meaning 8 hours a night, plus working out a little bit too much, i reach a point of chronic fatigue pretty quickly.

10 years ago i could work, workout after that, drink till 3 a.m., sleep 4 hours and be back on the truck with almost no problems. i burned the candle on both sides for some years and this takes it's toll a little later, i guess.

i never was a good sleeper anyway. i just read of a guy who improved his sleep via melantonin which is in a lot of food like cranberries, pistachios or dried tomatos. i will try a little bit of that...

my recovery clearly isn't the same as when i was 25 or even 30. i am 37 now and if i don't get much sleep, meaning 8 hours a night, plus working out a little bit too much, i reach a point of chronic fatigue pretty quickly.

10 years ago i could work, workout after that, drink till 3 a.m., sleep 4 hours and be back on the truck with almost no problems. i burned the candle on both sides for some years and this takes it's toll a little later, i guess.

i never was a good sleeper anyway. i just read of a guy who improved his sleep via melantonin which is in a lot of food like cranberries, pistachios or dried tomatos. i will try a little bit of that...

I find eating hardly any carbs all day and then having a carb loaded dinner and I sleep really well, not really noticed much slow down regarding age, little bit more aches and pains with age and a little slower but it's not that bad.

Back