Pokemon: Detective Pikachu

Daniel Dae Kim is so pissed right now.

Is pikachu going to talk ?

Or is it just going to be that same ol pika pika bullshit

I assume since they have Ryan Reynolds he is going to talk like meowth would

confused.gif

If anything I have faith. Reynolds would be a fool to commit career suicide right now.

is it fair to assume that what vin diesel is to groot = what ryan reynolds is to detective pikachu?

The role he was born to play, Ryan Reynolds IS Pikachu... Wait

So I'm assuming Ryan is just doing the voice... but then they talked about motion capture in nature... so that's kind of confusing.

Pikachu is a bitch ever since he lost all that weight. Give me a Detective Watchog movie any day over this.

Normal-Patrat-Family.png

So I'm assuming Ryan is just doing the voice... but then they talked about motion capture in nature... so that's kind of confusing.

Ryan is doing the body, Amy Poehler is doing the voice.

Ryan is doing the body, Amy Poehler is doing the voice.
Hmmm.... okay, still not sure how he's going to do the body of a character the size of a house cat. I suppose they can always film him in front of green screen & shrink him. Also, will his face will be visible? If not, why have a big star do the movement if you're not using his face or voice? or maybe they're going to have his face show through, like Jim Carey's grinch or something. I dunno.

Andy Serkis is doing the face. Ryan Reynolds is strictly body-only.
That seems so weird. I don't know what Ryan costs... but not using the face or the voice... lol... all they're getting is his name on the movie... because anyone could do the movement. It's not like Ryan has some top notch or completely unique movement that nobody for a 1/4 of the price could do.

Ryan Reynolds to Play Pikachu

giphy.gif

OK, that's it. I have officially given up on defending Reynolds. I always had a few aces in my sleeve, like Voices and Buried. But Pikachu? No. That's where we draw the line. Just... no.

NK2GoCQ.jpg

That said, i thought people were out of their minds when Guardians of the Galaxy was announced. A anthropomorphic tree and a racoon? Who knew? So i guess anything can happen.

Deadpool is Pikachu Is Green Lantern is Hannibal King

To be fair, his portrayal of Hannibal King is what brought us Deadpool. So, means to an end, i say.

This whole movie just perplexes me tbh. I feel like I want to be excited but everything about it just sounds so damn weird, I can't even imagine what the end result will be.

Back