Japan needs migrants badly

What do you mean?

That GDP has been rising in the US for 4 decades, and wages have been flat when adjusted for inflation.

That a shrinking population means higher demand for labor, dropping housing costs, dropping HC costs, ect...

Well atleast if the economic principle of supply and demand still exists, these things will be true.

Hell, in a global economy, with automation coming online now, they are likely in a better position than the rest of the world.

That was in response to the notion that Japan's culturally homogeneous society is a better model than that of the United States. I believe the last 100 years has proven that definitively false. That very ethnocentricity that Japan displays manifested itself within the last century in the form of state sanctioned rape, genocide, and unspeakable violence against ethnic minorities or those deemed genetically inferior. Go read about the atrocities committed during the 20th century by the Japanese against the Chinese.

There is nothing wrong with homogeneous societies where they need to change if they don't want to. Poland Hungary Japan. Third world immigrants don't look like they're making Germany and Sweden "wonderful" places to live "like the U.S." Or maybe they are if you want to be sarcastic.

<NoneOfMy>

Also what does world war 2 have to do with anything. China doesn't like muslims as much as Japan and they where the victims. Not seeing any solid connections here. Maybe mass importing these third worlders aren't as great as people think.

I believe that the United States' model of diversity and controlled immigration is a better model than that of Japan. I say that unabashedly and without hesitation. I believe that the United States is the brightest spot on this planet, and a bulk of our success as a nation has come on the backs of the immigrants that we've welcomed into our country over the last 150 years.

That's exactly the same language people use to support sanctuary cities and welcome illegals who bypass the legal hard route to citizenship.

Japan has done fine for itself. Not every country should be the same. America as a political entity is a very young country. It's also very different, saying it's a "better model for immigration" means this model is transferable to other established countries when it's not.

Also that was my point, I replied to your post on the assumption that you think Japan should "welcome immigrants" US-style. U.S. has never really been welcoming of illegals, democrats think their opinions are the majority, they learned the hard way that isn't the case in 2016.

You have to go back many years to find a counter-point when Trump just enacted a muslim ban and Sweden is a dumpster fire as an example of importing third world immigrants.

Last edited:
It would be my honour to help that great nation deal with their low birth rate problem. I’ll do it for Free

Hopefully there are Japanese girls looking like this

8a28d07db040f0418999deb4b1b3a763.jpg

It is funny to me when people glorify places like Japan, as if they do not have some of the most twisted and bizarre cultural irregularities in the world.

A couple years ago school children were coming down sick because they were licking each others eyeballs, hooray for homogeneity!!

Oh and their perfect little nation has a suicide rate that is around double of the United States.
Seems like you're mad Japan would never accept you.

Honest question: How many US military members stay in Japan after they retire from the DOD?

Doesn't that count as immigration?

True, it can't be a one to one emulation. But I like to think that if there is a middle ground between the brutal system in the Gulf and the failed integration of Western Europe its Japan that can figure it out. They're pretty intolerant compared to most liberal democracies but compared to places like the Gulf they are much more civilized.

Yep, agreed. There has to be some middle-ground somewhere.

Oh and BTW, I think that Japan is the proof that the "OMG no deflation at all cost" neo-liberal religion is horse shit. Economists have been hyperventilating over Japan for decades now, yet by most account they aren't doing too bad, even if of course they face a nunber of challenges.

That's what you get when government debt is mostly owned by the population and not by international markets.

I envy the Japanese for having the balls to admit clearly that they want to live amongst themselves.

Just let the worldwide population decline naturally, we don't need the population to increase.

Japan doesn't need mass immigration. It will be fine.

Germany is looking down the barrel of civil war in the future .... Japn isn't.

Yeah, their net debt to GDP ratio makes the US seem like deficit hawks. There are downsides to have high average life spans -- taking care of them while the working population shrinks being one

Maybe but Japanese civilians own their debt.

The US has a huge portion of its debt owned by China.

Japan has issues, you're right.

Constant growth is, of course, unsustainable. And not growing for a couple decades might not be a gold reason to throw away your country.

Theeeee main human problem in the near future is OVER-POPULATION.. So why are we pretending that countries that maintain sustainable populations need to have MASSIVE immigration? It's a scam. Let the overpopulated third world, or 2nd world countries, figure out a balance where THEY are not overpopulated.. Send some people from the place that they want to run to THERE to show them how to do it.

The best is in Germany, which produces high-value added goods.

Everyone knows that in 30 years almost all low-skilled jobs will be replaced by robots on production chains.

Yet, at the very moment there is a shortage of low-skilled workers and companies are in fact, complaining.

So here comes the Mad Cow, importing people with low-skills by the millions.

What about in 30 years, you dumb cunt, where there won't be enough jobs for your current native population, even ?

That is particularly an issue in agriculture.
I don't have the numbers right now but if I remember correctly the average age of a person working in agriculture in Japan is like 65 years.
That is a big issue Germany and other wealthier Europen countries have as well. It's just not an attractive job for young people anymore.
But in the EU you can make that up with an available workforce from the eastern European.
Who are still happy to come for a season harvesting and go back to their home country over the winter with the money earned.
But that won't work forever if those eastern European get higher living standards they won't be doing that kind of work anymore for small money.

It's even like that in Africa with say, cocoa production.

Younger people are leaving farms everywhere.

If they are going reduce work hours they will need more employees to make up for it. Where do they get these employees?
Good point and a good question. Less is more, Japanese workers are very unproductive per hour worked. As many work needlessly long hours, with little vacation. Go downtown late on any night, and you'll see offices partially full of drones working all hours. Let them wrok normal hours, and you'll probably get the same output/. Also that allows their spouse to work FT. Otherwise it is essentially impossible to have a house with 2 FT workers here in Japan.
If work/life balance was more normal, it would open up the work froce to people who otherwise would have stayed out of it. Plus, it would boost the fertility rate.

I can link if wanted, there are some micro cases of towns making it easy to have kids, and the fertility rates in those areas are close to 2.0

Japan's got robots for pretty much anything. By 2050 Japan will have a lower population but every service job will be taken care of by robots.

They were forced into the modern world. But yes they adapted to it quickly and carved out a spot in the world
Sure they were forced into the modern world but as I said they did it on their own terms. It was they themselves that balanced their indigenous values with foreign ideas and practices and produced a unique blend that worked spectacularly for them.

The best is in Germany, which produces high-value added goods.

Everyone knows that in 30 years almost all low-skilled jobs will be replaced by robots on production chains.

Yet, at the very moment there is a shortage of low-skilled workers and companies are in fact, complaining.

So here comes the Mad Cow, importing people with low-skills by the millions.

What about in 30 years, you dumb cunt, where there won't be enough jobs for your current native population, even ?

Humans short term greed won this time around.

There was no essential change whatsoever to the Japanese society, even after the US occupation.

After the Meiji restoration, Japan adopted Germanic values and societal models that already resonated with their own (which Germany had proven to work in the modern world). After the US occupation, Japan directed its collective energy into production rather than warfare (after having largely been bested by America's productivity). The offices and the factories became the new war-zones where one could establish their masculinity. Leading, inevitably, to the gradual degradation of the male ideal, to the point where men from younger generations have become detached from the "masculine", as it has come to mean working like a slave, rather than being a master of one's fate.

For Japan to become dependent on immigration to survive, would require changing the foundations, rather than using what has already existed and guiding it in a new direction, as was previously done.
I think you're underplaying the radical shift that the Meiji era brought about. It wasn't simply that the Japanese adopted foreign models and ideas but they had also changed what it meant to be Japanese.

Its a legitimate topic for discussion, too bad OP had to be a numbskull in presenting it.

Yes, Japan needs migrants badly but who said they need to accept them? Foreign workers are 88% of the population in Qatar and almost none of them are getting citizenship and I doubt they even get to stay very long in the country. The way the GCC countries handles immigration should, in some ways, be emulated by Japan if they're not willing to try to integrate large numbers of migrants. Obviously those countries are notorious for abuses of foreign workers but I like to think Japan could mitigate those concerns since they're not as cunty as the Gulf Arabs.
I don't get why most countries, including the US, don't copy the Gulf states. Just give people from the third world worker visas, let them work so they get money for their families back home, and they leave. We get workers, and they get money. Everyone wins.

And it's easier to manipulate too. Let's say one year we have higher unemployment. Solution: Take in less migrants to give more Americans jobs. And vice versa.

Just one idea.

Back