Ronda Rousey to the WWE

Finally getting a chance to show off her acting chops.

Not much. while she might not get the same amount of damage like in MMA, taking bumps every night is not a joke, specially from the top rope. a lot of wrestlers have a lot of injuries because the schedule of WWE is hard with little time to rest.
She cant handle that schedule and would quit right off if she had to . She is doimg this retarded 4 horsewomen thing at mania and will disappear again .

it hasn't evolved, Cyborg was always there for Ronda to fight. Holm was coming up the same time Ronda was coming up. Nunes had been in Invicta for some time.

the reality was Ronda was fighting soft targets. once she got in there with a real one who was her size, you saw what happened.
Exactly this

No, Holly had just a few fights when Ronda already was the UFC champ and was turning into a massive star, when Holly got in UFC and started to win fights, and not by the most impressive performances, Ronda already was a solid queen and hyped asf.

There were no soft targets, Ronda is not a big 135er despite of having fought at 145, many girls did and are real 135ers or even 125ers like Rose-Clark or Roxy, Cat and Sara are big 135ers and not easy fights by any means and Ronda still beat both and in impressive fashion.
Ronda did judo at 154 she is a huge bw the fuck you talking about ? Cat fought most fights at 125 and ronda was bigger than everybody in the ufc untill she met holly .

I personally would die laughing , it would be even funnier if they chant quitter . She would cry run out of the ring never to be seen again due to hurt feelimgs bwhaha

she's not going in there as some undefeated badass like she used to seem like. in wwe they have guys that everyone boos and guys that everyone cheers. she is only capable of dealing with one of these roles, i dont think she's cut out for that world :/ she has zero sense of humour about herself and she doesnt understand that she cant always be the good guy.

i remember her back pedalling on her behaviour after she got a chance to see what a poisonous shit she was on TUF. yeah, thats how you come across ronda :|

she's not going in there as some undefeated badass like she used to seem like. in wwe they have guys that everyone boos and guys that everyone cheers. she is only capable of dealing with one of these roles, i dont think she's cut out for that world :/ she has zero sense of humour about herself and she doesnt understand that she cant always be the good guy.

i remember her back pedalling on her behaviour after she got a chance to see what a poisonous shit she was on TUF. yeah, thats how you come across ronda :|
Yup you are right and she is a quitter at heart , has quit everything when it doesnt go her way or gets hard ala highschool , olympics mma and soon wwe .

Whats funny is she teased mayweather about reading but she is a highschool dropout who dropped out before flyod at least he made it to 12th grade .

I wish she would just go away all together. The WWE move is bad for a few reasons (outside of my personal dislike of her). She doesn't have the credibility she used to and people have moved on from her. I also hate that it is going to take the spotlight from the women that have spent the last few years legitimizing women's wrestling with quality matches. I have a feeling that she will get the Brock treatment and only wrestle a few times a year while simultaneously being treated above the rest of the division. The last problem I have is her acting ability (or lack thereof). She was noticeably bad in Expendables 3, and that was being surrounded by people not known for their acting ability. Her range includes a scowl/pouty/angry face and a smile and to be effective she will have to convey more than that.

All of this worries me due to her Wrestlemania segment a couple years ago and the fact that her buddy Shayna got the royal treatment in the womens tournament this year, combined with WWE's continued obbsession with featuring anyone even remotely mainstream, generally at the expense of talent that has put the work in.

Sure but if people still watch then it doesn't really matter. Job done.
I'm with you with most of your arguments in defense of Rousey, but this philosophy doesn't always apply to wrestling.

I thought she didn't want any kind of fame and just wanted to live a normal everyday life like Dana White told us? :)

I'm not one of the guys who puts down everything she's done. She was amazing while it lasted.

However it's a shame to see her inability to deal with her losses.

I'm surprised WWE is putting her on there after she got whooped so badly twice in a row. What are they gonna sell her as, the 3rd baddest woman on the planet lol.
At least Brock had an illness as an excuse. All Ronda could hide behind was her purple pillow.

They should actually use that purple pillow gimmick. But I think Ronda must have put a million clauses of what cannot be done. They must've gotten her cheap, because I can't how she brings in any additional viewers.

I'm surprised WWE is putting her on there after she got whooped so badly twice in a row. What are they gonna sell her as, the 3rd baddest woman on the planet lol.
At least Brock had an illness as an excuse. All Ronda could hide behind was her purple pillow.

Its supposed to be her & the 4h vs ...
FourHorsewomen.jpg

She is still a former UFC champ

GSP lost, Conor lost, Ali lost, Tyson lost, etc.

I'm not even a RR fan (or close) but she has value & will bring media to the womens division

Now if they have her beat Charlotte as an example at Mania, its stupid

Plus they use er to get over Shayna & the other 2 (who are all training)

Its supposed to be her & the 4h vs ...
FourHorsewomen.jpg

She is still a former UFC champ

GSP lost, Conor lost, Ali lost, Tyson lost, etc.

I'm not even a RR fan (or close) but she has value & will bring media to the womens division

Now if they have her beat Charlotte as an example at Mania, its stupid

Plus they use er to get over Shayna & the other 2 (who are all training)

Aah I see. I guess that makes sense. So will RR and crew be the heels or the faces here? I don't follow wrestling anymore.

Have a hard time picturing her having sucess there. No charisma, ugly, no acting talent even for low wwe standards.

Sure If the boss wants her to win she will but imo they will use whats left of her fame and then dump her.

Sums up my thoughts.

Aah I see. I guess that makes sense. So will RR and crew be the heels or the faces here? I don't follow wrestling anymore.

Look with Vince anything can change at a whim
Add in RR & her demands & WTF knows?
But the idea began when Shayna started working at WWE Performance Center teaching "catch wrestling".
They really liked her & gave her a Pro-Wrestling tryout & she was great
Same period of time Marina's boyfriend/husband was signed to WWE at their NXT division & they used her on TV & liked her.
So it grew from there with the natural 4H vs 4H thing.

It was supposed to be last month, but RR getting married & not training FT yet held it off

They kept all the WWE 4H faces, so I hope it happens that way. No way will the MMA 4H get cheered over them, so unless Vince is completely insane (good %) & RR bitched about wanting to be a face & go over, it should go down that way

Here is an annoying fancam (some chick screaming like she is getting stabbed)

That was at WWE's womens tournament after Shayna won a match & the MMA girls were there

That lead to this

& yes RR is as bad as ever

Her downfall was amazing. No one thought she would deal with losing so bad. In the end Ronda turned out to be mentally very weak

Her downfall was amazing. No one thought she would deal with losing so bad. In the end Ronda turned out to be mentally very weak

I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt she was a psycho the moment I saw her on TuF. I also don't think "mentally weak" describes just how mentally fucked she really was. Before her loss to Holm, I knew any loss she had would send her straight to the loony bin. It basically did, figuratively speaking. But yes, her downfall was glorious!

Back