A past prime Aldo stepped in the cage against a younger, bigger, and hungry warrior in Holloway...

Why doesn’t GSP do the same and unify the belts against Whittaker?

Aldo went out on his shield like a true warrior. He wanted to prove that he was still the best by beating the best.

Why doesn’t GSP do the same?

Aldo is a true warrior. GSP is not.

Jose Aldo > GSP

Why doesn't Aldo avenge his losses, unlike GSP?.

That you need to grow a brain.
He wanted to move up and Dana did not allow him to do so without relinquishing his belt.

Then he allowed Conor to do just that, with the Difference that Aldo had cleaned up the division, Conor did not defend the belt ONCE...

He didn't have his belt after Conor knocked him out, or after max knocked him out two times. Whats the hold up on him moving up in weight again?

in real life, how much money promoters and guys like Conor make has zero effect on you. So why would you care? I'm a fight fan. I want to see Conor defend his belt and unify the title against the #1 guy and interim champ in Tony. What do i care if he makes more money against Nate? He can make that excuse for himself, why would i make it for him? You're just regurgitating a narrative they're feeding you so they can make money. sad.
View attachment 309375

You don't get it. I don't care how much these guys make. I care about what makes mma move forward.

I love mma and ufc, that's why I'm aware of the real motivating factors. Shit happens because money. Im looking forward and money makes prize fighting

I care and am interested in how this works, I'm not gonna sit around aand wish it was somethingelse

GSP is GOAT. All the other candidates have glaring flaws.

- Fedor ducked the UFC, and for good reason. He was used to fighting cans every other fight and when he started fighting in the US he got wasted by middleweights and lower level fighters like Matt fucking Mitrione lol.

- Aldo fought midget wrestle boxers and got thrashed 3 times in his prime by when he finally faced competent strikers. Downfall just happens to coincide with USADA. Just a coincidence I'm sure.

- Silva was on steroids his whole UFC career. He would still be getting crushed by journeymen welterweights in Japan if it weren't for his dick pills. He was on steroids and still lost to fucking Bisping lol.

- Jones is also a proven steroid abuser. Too bad, he had promise to be the one true GOAT.

GSP has passed 100% of his drug tests, came back in USADA after a decade of retirement to win a belt above his natural weight class, and has avenged every loss he had. He is the GOAT you haters. Please find a way to deal with it.
<Fedor23><{nope}>

Those reactions are dead on.

IT IS INDEED a sad fucking state of affairs for those GOAT "candidates" I mentioned isn't it.

They are all basically beneficiaries of weak divisions, padded records, and blatant drug cheating.

The've certainly make MMA look pretty amateur.

Those reactions are dead on.

IT IS INDEED a sad fucking state of affairs for those GOAT "candidates" I mentioned isn't it.

They are all basically beneficiaries of weak divisions, padded records, and blatant drug cheating.

The've certainly make MMA look pretty amateur.

nah, you just have the wrong parameters to evaluate this.

weak divisions, padded records are much heavier on GSP.

The PED issue is a non-issue looking at mma globally, so it does not matter.

the list in my sig is the only correct list.

nah, you just have the wrong parameters to evaluate this.

weak divisions, padded records are much heavier on GSP.

The PED issue is a non-issue looking at mma globally, so it does not matter.

the list in my sig is the only correct list.

Nah.

GSP has more top wins than those guy I mentioned, that's the opposite of padded. He is also the only one to capture a second belt. Also the only one to avenge every loss.

Of course the PED issue matters. It matters to the UFC, that's why they are willing to expose the cheaters even if it means wasting all the time and money they spent promoting these frauds. It matters to the vast majority of fans, and it only stopped mattering to hardcore fanboys when their favs got busted. We are seeing how some of these supposed greats are frail shells of themselves after random and frequent drug testing and they are no longer the best, so of course it matters.

Your list is a troll job obviously.

Aldo is my favorite fighter ever. You are a fucking embarrassment to Aldo fans!

Aldo went out on his shield like a true warrior. He wanted to prove that he was still the best by beating the best.

Jose Aldo > GSP

Aldo has ducked LW his entire career. GSP done something Aldo has been terrified of. Instead Aldo would rather kill himself to make FW. What a warrior

By the what happened to Aldo beating Max “Runaway” as you called him before their first fight? All of a sudden Aldo is past his prime lol. Max destroys any version of him.

Nah.

GSP has more top wins than those guy I mentioned, that's the opposite of padded. He is also the only one to capture a second belt. Also the only one to avenge every loss.

Of course the PED issue matters. It matters to the UFC, that's why they are willing to expose the cheaters even if it means wasting all the time and money they spent promoting these frauds. It matters to the vast majority of fans, and it only stopped mattering to hardcore fanboys when their favs got busted. We are seeing how some of these supposed greats are frail shells of themselves after random and frequent drug testing and they are no longer the best, so of course it matters.

Your list is a troll job obviously.

My list is the best you'll ever find.

A fighter who doesn't finish fights during his title reign, for years, is not top-5 GOAT material.

You over-value a broken PED testing system to discredit great fighters and bump up other fighters. That's wrong.

GSP is a top-10 but not top-5 all-timer.

You don't get it. I don't care how much these guys make. I care about what makes mma move forward.

I love mma and ufc, that's why I'm aware of the real motivating factors. Shit happens because money. Im looking forward and money makes prize fighting

I care and am interested in how this works, I'm not gonna sit around aand wish it was somethingelse
I get it fine. What i dont get is why as a fan you're advocating for fights that the promotion wants instead of the fights you want to see. You're not making money, you're paying money.
Boxing is prize fighting as well, but in boxing if you don't defend against the next top contender they strip you. So "it's prize fighting" is not a real good excuse imo.

Aldo is young and talented enough to come back and possibly get his belt back, but he needs to do some major changes in his training regime.
If he continue going 100% on every single punch is not beating Holloway.

I was so surprised when he said, in the Robert Garcia gym, that he never used a double end bag in his life.
Good old boxing training make a big difference, Holloway and McGregor are much more fluid and efficient, Aldo "muscle" every punch.

Oh look another GSP bashing thread from toner we must get one of these everyday.

I get it fine. What i dont get is why as a fan you're advocating for fights that the promotion wants instead of the fights you want to see. You're not making money, you're paying money.
Boxing is prize fighting as well, but in boxing if you don't defend against the next top contender they strip you. So "it's prize fighting" is not a real good excuse imo.

You don't get it. You continue to purposely misunderstand my point. I'm not advocating for fights the promotion wants. I'm living in reality, accepting the fights the promotion wants and their reasonings. The real motivating factors in MMA.

I'm not going to sit here and think "well Woodley vs Wonderboy and Cedujo vs MM makes the most sense right now" and expect it to happen. UFC is not going to book those fights, despite both guys earning and maintaining their #1 contender spot.

You know why they won't book those fights despite them being the clear #1 contenders? Money. Those fights are not going sell so well.

You're going to pretend boxers don't avoid fights? Adonis Stevenson hasn't fought his top contender in 2 years.

This is what i don't get, " I'm living in reality, accepting the fights the promotion wants and their reasonings. The real motivating factors in MMA."
You're the customer. You don't need to "accept the fights the promotion wants & their reasoning." why in god's name would you? "oh okay, well the UFC wants to give Nick Diaz a WW shot instead of winner of Lawler/RDA or any of the other killers coming up in WW ... he hasn't won a fight in 6 years ... but i guess they need to make money tho, so i'm on board!"
I 100% dont get this perspective, but if it makes you happy bud. you be you.

Jose Aldo > GSP
GSP also stopped trying to finish fights the second he got clocked by Matt Serra

Another point towards your argument, Aldo will come back and get his ass kicked again, he isn’t about to start holding people down , “taking them out of their comfort zone”

yes, it did.
He wanted to reclaim his belt, but Conor duck him for an entire year.
And yet he fought Frankie and got the interim belt (until Conor shamefully forfeited his).
So then he fought Max, and lost again.
Again, like a warrior he tried to reclaim the belt and failed.
But at least he tried, didn't run from the challenge.
Conor went on a world tour with Aldo before Aldo pulled out last minute, no doubt thinking Conor would get wrestled to death by Chad Mendes and lose his shot. ie ducking. Then Conor trained for him again and wrecked him. Conor never owed Aldo a rematch.

GSP also stopped trying to finish fights the second he got clocked by Matt Serra

Another point towards your argument, Aldo will come back and get his ass kicked again, he isn’t about to start holding people down , “taking them out of their comfort zone”
2012 called. GSP went into his last fight looking for blood and he got it.

you're so fucking pathetic and threatened, it's super embarrassing.

nice damage control and excuses.

Back