DARK PHOENIX (First Critics Reviews; Tracking for $50 Million Opening Weekend)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I guess mutants don't age the same as everyone else, this is 30 years after first class...

So I guess mutants don't age the same as everyone else, this is 30 years after first class...

And less than 10 years before Fassbender turns into McKellen. Must have been a hard decade...
;)

Strictly speaking, of course, Mystique doesn't age at the same rate as a human. Her healing factor also slows down the aging process.

It's time to end the Xmen movies. Do they all even follow the same timeline or are these new ones reboots? Reboots every few years like what they did with spiderman is gay. Didn't they already have a Jean as dark phoenix part of the original triology in X3 or whatever? Isnt Sophie Turners character supposed to be the same character just younger? Shit is waaaay too confusing.

It's time to end the Xmen movies. Do they all even follow the same timeline or are these new ones reboots? Reboots every few years like what they did with spiderman is gay. Didn't they already have a Jean as dark phoenix part of the original triology in X3 or whatever? Isnt Sophie Turners character supposed to be the same character just younger? Shit is waaaay too confusing.
First class was a reboot sort of...they used days of Future past to change the timeline...but ya X-Men universe is a mess timeline wise.
And less than 10 years before Fassbender turns into McKellen. Must have been a hard decade...
;)

Strictly speaking, of course, Mystique doesn't age at the same rate as a human. Her healing factor also slows down the aging process.
Mystique a has built in explanation in her change into how she wants to look.
The rest not so much...even with timeline shenanigans.

I honestly had no idea they were continuing with x-men.

I knew the Maise one was happening but this too?

Just let it die and give it to marvel to reboot.
Seriously
I hate that they keep butchering these stories.
Sophie Turner is not a strong enough actress to carry a character like Jean Grey. It's actually a character that Jennifer Lawrence would have been more capable playing.
And we're doing the Phoenix saga without Wolverine? The Shiar empire is going up against Beast, Jean, Cyclops, Nightcrawler, Storm, and Mystique? That's a weak ass team.

I love the X-men movies, but don't have a lot of faith in Turner pulling this off after Age of Apocalypse. Seems like they cast her for popularity and being known as a redhead rather than her acting chops. She's just awkward as Jean.

Turner is such a terrible actress, in at least what I've seen her in, so it begs the question, whose fucking dick did she have to suck to get all these parts?

Another movie where Mystique is the main character just because she = J-Law and all the other characters will be lil pussies.

Will watch when i can pirate it, but not interested. Eagerly awaiting reboot from Disney after the purchase!

Wood though.

Another movie where Mystique is the main character just because she = J-Law and all the other characters will be lil pussies.

Will watch when i can pirate it, but not interested. Eagerly awaiting reboot from Disney after the purchase!

Wood though.
One of the many problems with the Xmen movies.
In no world should an Xmen movie have Mystique as a main character.
And the first 3 movies were basically Wolverine movies.
FOX/Singer have no idea how to do a true team movie.

Turner is such a terrible actress, in at least what I've seen her in, so it begs the question, whose fucking dick did she have to suck to get all these parts?

This is such an egregious miscast I almost can't put it into words. You can't help but scratch your head in disgust and yell "WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!?!?!"

This movie is gonna suck if Sophie Turner is the main villain. She has not been good in anything other than Game of Thrones and really how hard is it for a teenager to play a stuck up brat?

I hate how movies will cast actors based on them being in something else popular rather than whether they fit the role.

That's what I've been asking about the girl from Twilight. Ever since that movie ended though she seems to have disappeared. I even saw other small movies with her and she still has that same horrible acting style where she comes across as bored.

With Turner though it could just be them trying to use her popularity from GOT.

If that's the case why can you be happy for all the bros who got some from Sophie Turner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back