I just cant get behind the Ngannou hype...

So who does he have to beat before you believe in his hype?

Stipe I guess since there is no chance of seeing him fight JDS, Volkov, Werdum or Hunt at this point, all of whom I believe would test him

Congrats, you are a prime example of the worst kind of poster

Not everyone is a nuthugger, dont let the conor fanboys fool you. I like Ngannou im just not sold on him as a title contender

Sending the number 1 ranked HW to the Phantom Zone without breaking a sweat doesn't make him a legit title contender?

Hilarious.

Stipe I guess since there is no chance of seeing him fight JDS, Volkov, Werdum or Hunt at this point, all of whom I believe would test him

Overeem is a better fighter than all 4 of those guys.

Lol at Volkov.

It’s same with jones

1st he didn’t beat anybody good, then the guys he beat are past their prime or injured

There’s something about them ppl don’t like but can’t see what it is..

Oh fuck off dipshit

Interesting to me that people are still calling it "hype" at this point. It also makes me laugh that there's a "criteria list" that people need to check off a make believe box in order to see if Ngannou is "legit" or not.

If he continues to KO people early in fights, it really doesn't matter if he can fight on the ground or go into later rounds, now does it?

If hypothetically this guy goes 20-0, all 1st or 2nd KOs or submissions, are there really people who will say, "well he hasn't really fought off the ground or later rounds, so he's not legit!"

Conor McGregor can barely fight off of his back and fades fast in later rounds, but he's still pretty legit...and that's coming from a Conor hater.

To be fair you can critique just about any fighter if you try, for example Stipe:

-beat past their prime old fighters
-lost to Struve
-Bad striking defense with little to no head movement

Ngganou can also be critiqued but still, hes 6-0 in the ufc, all finishes, and hasn't been in any trouble and has been destroying people. I hope he destroys Stipe as well. I became a huge fan of Ngannou after I watched him in his fight with Blaydes and knew he'd be special.

Stipe is the UFC world heavyweight champion. Your point shall not pass.

Overeem is a better fighter than all 4 of those guys.

Lol at Volkov.

Overeem has a better resume for sure but he’s been KO’d something like 13-15 times in his martial arts career. There is no denying his durability has suffered significantly from that

It's hard to enjoy fighters when there are so many silly variables to compulsively quantify

So you’ll believe in his hype if he becomes the champion?

Is that all it takes?

Overeem has a better resume for sure but he’s been KO’d something like 13-15 times in his martial arts career. There is no denying his durability has suffered significantly from that

The last two years he has beaten 3 of those 4 lol and violently KO'd two.

No fucking human being than has ever existed in this planet is taking that punch. Chin and durability is irrelevant. That's just too much power for the human skull to handle.

So you’ll believe in his hype if he becomes the champion?

Is that all it takes?

Like i have said multiple times in this thread, id prefer he have 1 more fight against a guy not known for folding the second you touch his chin before a title fight

Interesting to me that people are still calling it "hype" at this point. It also makes me laugh that there's a "criteria list" that people need to check off a make believe box in order to see if Ngannou is "legit" or not.

If he continues to KO people early in fights, it really doesn't matter if he can fight on the ground or go into later rounds, now does it?

If hypothetically this guy goes 20-0, all 1st or 2nd KOs or submissions, are there really people who will say, "well he hasn't really fought off the ground or later rounds, so he's not legit!"

Conor McGregor can barely fight off of his back and fades fast in later rounds, but he's still pretty legit...and that's coming from a Conor hater.

Its similar to the situation with Jon Jones. In his entire career how many fighters have put him on his back and tested his guard?

0....its never happened.

Congrats, you are a prime example of the worst kind of poster

Not everyone is a nuthugger, dont let the conor fanboys fool you. I like Ngannou im just not sold on him as a title contender

No actually you are the example of worse poster

The guy just beat number 1 contender n made it look easy n you’re acting like he’s still not been tested

Who can test him in hw division?

Maybe i just havent seen enough of him, or heavyweight has just become so uninteresting, but im just not that excited about the dude. He just seems like a one dimensional brawler to me that is going to get exposed when he fights someone who can take his shots and dish it back. Reminds me of Brett Rogers from Strikeforce.

Honestly, right now you're not wrong. I'm buying into the hype because he's a big, athletic heavyweight with big power. If he works hard and stays focused, he can do great things. One difference between him and Rogers is the physique and athleticism... Rogers was like a big fat guy with big power, but he wasn't that athletic. For example, I believe Overeem could out-muscle Brett Rogers in the clinch, whereas Ngannou shrugged off Reem's clinch easily.

However, until we see Ngannou fight guys like Werdum, Velasquez, Miocic, and even JDS, we won't know if he's for real. I'm buying into the hype, but he's not the real deal yet.

Its similar to the situation with Jon Jones. In his entire career how many fighters have put him on his back and tested his guard?

0....its never happened.
Exactly! At every stage of his career, Jon was supposed to get beat by someone with way more experience in a particular department. People waited years for his demise...oddly enough that demise came from something outside of the cage. People waited though.

When it comes to Ngannou I'm all the way
gVHg3eF.gif

Back