Are the Wachowskis just f--king done at this point or what?

Body and gender dysmorphia are real things. I'm not saying it's "wrong", as that's a subjective concept. But those who don't feel comfortable in their own skin, have something going on upstairs.

It's an interesting discussion. If I think I'm a fucking tea kettle then I don't think anyone would have a problem describing me as mentally ill, but if I think I'm a woman then it becomes touchy.

Wow, there is something in the water/air out there in Hollywood that when mixed with a shit ton of money people just completely lose their fucking minds.

I think they just got lucky with the Matrix. I thought Cloud Atlas was good enough, but I felt that they lost themselves too much on "style" points and dramatic flourish rather than making sure the story was actually interesting. I feel similarly about Sense8, it's good enough, but it's missing something story-wise. If only they could have the style points - but then also have a well-written, gripping, human story that makes you feel emotionally involved to glue it together.

I think of them as having great ideas but very poor execution. Sometimes you don't need it much for a movie like Matrix. They do have a great eye for visual flares but needs someone to proofread their dialogue for scripts

If not due to mental illness any reasons why someone would "change their gender"?

I love it somehow calling it mental illness is apparently telling them "They are fucked up", like It's having a "mental illness" that is the stigma and how dare you slander the poor naturally mis-gendered people.

Someone has depression it can be called a mental illness. Someone has gender dismorphia "it's what they are inside, not mental illness, they're not fucked up like people who are mentally ill". Rightt...

Exactly. All of this.

Nailed it.

2 brothers becoming trannies? Suppose something happend in the Wachowski household

With M Night Shyamalan, he blew up, made some terrible flop movies but had a nice rebound behind some cheap, well executed movies. Now he's likely to get another crack at directing an original story with a big budget.

That's already happening with Glass (the new Unbreakable sequel).

Considering they haven't made a good movie since 1999, I'm gonna go ahead and say 'Yes'.

the fact that you care so much says more about you than it does about them.

It's ok if you find ugly asian women hot.

JgXFh77.gif

Didn't know the Wachowskis made that one.

Haven't seen it yet, but it's on my list.

It was a weird co-directing thing. The Wachowskis directed half the movie and Tom Tykwer directed the other half.

You should check it out.

It was a weird co-directing thing. The Wachowskis directed half the movie and Tom Tykwer directed the other half.

You should check it out.

Yeah I will get around to it. I was waiting to watch it with a friend who also wanted to see it, then I forgot about it.

Especially if you like ugly Asia chicks.

<{1-17}>

<mma4>

I liked their movies better when they were mixed up and confused. Their new awakenings has really affected their bodies of work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back