Captain Placed On Administrative Leave After Making Statement About White Privilege

Jake the Muss

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score

White males are scared of losing that "White Privilege".

Damn! Dude went off.

Calm down there, buddy.

Had to watch twice because that lady looked so much like a guy I forgot to listen the first time

white privilege is a myth. easier to blame the white-man instead of solving your own cultural problems.

Lol, I feel bad for the cop who was giving the presentation and seemed to be listening intently and interested in giving a thoughtful answer to the guy's question. Then some random off-screen hag gives her rude response about privilege, and her entire presentation is derailed. You can see the face she makes in response to the comment was like, "Oh wonderful, thanks for that."

The guy was asking a fair question, I would have liked to hear the answer.

It sounded like his question, which he was wording poorly, was, "Transgendered people are more likely to be victims of police brutality, but is that because they are transgendered or because they are putting themselves in a bad position with their actions?" Or maybe I'm misinterpreting, he was not very concise.

I think white people that are tired of being painted with the white privilege ideology should start carrying air horns and when someone throws that out...

4ffa11948500d1419b61b1af6d5172179c5b88a6_hq.gif

I didn't see anything that was suspendable by either party. She made a comment and he reacted but neither were that bad that someone should have been suspended.

If he disagreed with her comment he was free to debate its legitimacy.

On another note how was this police captain still be on duty shortly after this?

Weber was placed on administrative leave on Nov. 16. She was previously suspended in August for violating a department policy by driving her squad car within eight hours of drinking alcohol and for having alcohol in her squad car,

I find that far more disturbing than anything else in this instance.

I don't know what was worse the fem-boy speaking or the dude's reaction. Offended has become such a cringeworthy word. Just say fuck off, maybe throw in a cunt or a twat for good measure.

This guy makes a lot of great points, but tipped toed around white privilege instead of accurately defining and addressing it.

It's an interesting description of the theory, but doesn't address any strong reason to believe that the theory is true.

If America was like this race, one would expect whites to be the most financially successful ethnic group in America. But they aren't. Nor are they the most successful in education. Whites have no apparent advantage over Indians in the US, or Chinese or Japanese Americans.

It's much easier to prove and much more honest to say that the real race issue is not white privilege, it's that blacks are disadvantaged and consistently perform worse in very important metrics than every other ethnic group. It's also more constructive, because then we could talk practically and openly about what structural, social, and cultural obstacles blacks in America face. But saying that blacks are disadvantaged compared to every other ethnic group in the US as opposed to only whites doesn't give you leverage over the white majority and isn't as gratifying to the racial bigotry of social justice types.

Back