UFC 219 poster.

thats the main event? srs? weak

Typical Sherdog response. First, Cyborg-Holm is a title fight. Second, Khabib-Barboza as the main event would only do the average 2017 PPV buyrate.

DQdlDMlVQAA8PEf
tumblr_inline_o8ip081GJx1t0ijhl_500.gif

tumblr_mmiklaKNKo1s5or7ko6_500.gif

Vpr325J.gif

giphy.gif

Where has Hollys freckles gone? she has a lot. Can't see them. Worst end of year UFC PPV everrrrrrrrrr that I can remember. Crappy card, 3/10 and thats being kind. Don't believe Khabib vs Barbosa is gonna happen either, I will believe it if I see them both on scales at the weigh ins.

So, true story: The notes from the UFC on posters is: fighters have to be standing in the basic pose... they have to be wearing gloves... they can't be wearing chains or headwear.... they have to be looking either forward or at each other in a face-off manner.

There's literally no interest in creativity. They don't want to push fighter personality. Only the brand.

Poster looks cringey as hell.

It doesn't have to be. A title fight is 5 rounds regardless. Whether its main event, co-main or opener. Making the Khabib vs Barboza bout the main event would have made it 5 rounds.

What ever happened to all co main events being 5 rounders? Didn't that used to be a thing?

Lets be honest.

There is at best a 50-50 shot that Khabib even makes it to the fight. If he doesn't make it at least this way they can claim the main event wasn't affected.

Holly is one of the few fighters that might be interesting against cyborg. Her counter striking style is pretty much tailor made for this fight and so it could make it interesting. I still think she is going to lose as I think Cyborg is too big and strong for her but at least her style of fighting gives her a chance in this match up.

Back