Ngannou vs Prime Cro Cop in a ring

Well marciano wasnt a big HW either but I get your point. And yeah jersey joe was winning that fight until that punch near the end of the fight. Was an awesome performance to watch by walcott.

rocky was like 185lbs...which is crazy. If he fought today, that's a Light heavyweight.

Rodolfo Viera is one fight into his MMA career at the moment so we'll see how that develops, again I think a lot of the problem is that we've not seen the same long term full time commitment to MMA we did in the past. Its certainly true that even the highest level BJJ guys cannot expect to just walk into the sport and succeed without rounding there game out but that was the case in the 00's as well.

I would say the same with kickboxing as well, the days when guys like Mirko and Hunt were head hunted by MMA seem to be over, hopefully WME do something about this as with Saki but in the years previous they could have had Spong and most likely many others with kickboxing being in the state it is.

Again I think the level of defence were seeing standing is simply not the same as a decade ago, if fights go long these days its either because you have an inactive stall fest, the guys involved don't have much power or someone has a great chin. Matchs like Nog/Sergei, Nog/Fedor 3 or Fedor/Crocop just don't happen anymore because someone lands early. Its a great environment for fighters like Ngannou and Stipe because early finishes are much easier to come by.

BJJ isn't paying nothing and never payed, you need to pay to sign up to IBJJF competitions.

Today there are new competitions that are paying jiu jitsu fighters like real athletes, like EBI, Polaris, Metamoris, Submission Underground, Absolute Berkut, but they aren't even close to what mma fighters are payed.
You can't live doing jiu jitsu competitions, every top competitor has also a gym with thousands of students, do seminars around the world or has a online subscription site like MGinAction.
That's how jiu itsu fighters get their money.

Trust me, most of the top dogs in jiu jitsu today, not everybody obviously, are into mma or plan to get into mma.
Rodolfo Viera and Bruno Malfacine are full time into mma, they left jiu jitsu.
Buchecha has been years he said he plasn to do mma and will train at AKA.
Dillon Danis is signed with Bellator, Gary Tonon and Gordon Ryan just announced to start training mma and said that will be their main focus going on.
Vagner Rocha after being cut by the UFC he is collecting medals in every competition that pays money, got third at ADCC, won recently the Eddie Bravo's Combat Jiu Jitsu, but he is still active in mma.

You highlight the issue I'm talking about, grappling contests now offer the potential for significant income that didn't really exist in the 00's which makes drawing talent away more difficult. I would imagine that earnings from training/seminars are now significantly higher as well.

You highlight the issue I'm talking about, grappling contests now offer the potential for significant income that didn't really exist in the 00's which makes drawing talent away more difficult. I would imagine that earnings from training/seminars are now significantly higher as well.
These new grappling competitions are for the most part submission only competitions, a new format, and still experiencing with the rule set.
Things are consistently changing.

The first one was Metamoris, but today is dead, they tried to make it big but it wasn't profitable, Ralek Gracie just fought Gordon Ryan like a month ago to pay the all the competitors of the past events he couldn't pay, it was a huge failure, like every event, if he is lucky he has enough money to pay Gordon Ryan.
It's not that easy to run a promotion and make it profitable.

Most of the competitions pays decent money, but you can't live with it, jiu jitsu competitors are still forced to run a gym and do seminars, and that's not going to change in the future.
Basically mma pays the bills, jiu jitsu not.

I dont know why people are acting like this is a dumb question.

Cro Cop at his best was number 2.

Ngannou is number 2 and still climbing the ranks and is 40 lbs heavier

Prime Crockpot is too fast, to precise, Nnagnou would be trying to panic grapple after getting cracked

Let's see more of Ngannou.

It's really as simple as the above.

Ngannou can put any man on the Astral plane.... But so can a Mirko kick or death by a thousand cuts via Sea Level Cain...

I just hope Francis stays healthy and fights often.... We are going to have a blast watching this guy.

Fighters were smaller back in the day, the more you go back in time the smaller the heavyweight.

Wow you are so wrong. Fighters in K1 were crazy (no tests for steroids) and it's not that hard to check it.

Cro Cop has no footwork and doesn’t use the right side of his body. He was a small heavyweight that literally slowly walked down inferior opponents and then would crumble when guys fought back. Cro cop also has a glass chin and is mentally weak. He would be beaten by Francis before the fight started. Look how extremely mediocre Cro Copnwws in the ufc when he start d fighting bigger heavyweights with some skills.

I like how we are pretending that for a time Monsom wasn’t a quality HW. Limited, but quality, and some of the best grappling in the division with multiple ADCC championships. But you know, wins and losses only have “context” when it applies to your argument.

I guess Francis’ run has not been particularly impressive because his banner wins have come over “notoriously chinny” fighters that have “run hot and cold”.

What a fucking moron.

Oh shut up you fuckin boner..monson was like 40 and 3 years removed from getting his ass kicked by Tim Sylvia. And you're trying to say 28 year-old sergei lost to him because he got old LMAO!

And Sergei also got HIS ass kicked by Reem---who had dropped 4 of 6 coming into the sergei loss. Francis ran right through AA & Reem in like 3 minutes combined.

He also handled Blaydes,who's undefeated otherwise, pretty easily too. Blaydes is MUCH more of a banner win then AA these days.

Idiot.

Last edited:
luhjDI.gif
LOL

Cro Cop has no footwork and doesn’t use the right side of his body. He was a small heavyweight that literally slowly walked down inferior opponents and then would crumble when guys fought back. Cro cop also has a glass chin and is mentally weak. He would be beaten by Francis before the fight started. Look how extremely mediocre Cro Copnwws in the ufc when he start d fighting bigger heavyweights with some skills.
When he was younger he used his right side a lot actually. He used to punch more than he kicked back in the day as well. Too bad he already had a little over 100 fights (56 in boxing, 23 in kickboxing, and 27 in mma) before coming to the UFC.

When he was younger he used his right side a lot actually. He used to punch more than he kicked back in the day as well. Too bad he already had a little over 100 fights (56 in boxing, 23 in kickboxing, and 27 in mma) before coming to the UFC.
He only punched with his left hand. Very one dimensional fighter. Aren’t all of his boxing matches amateur? 56 isn’t that many mist pro boxers have hundreds of amateur fights before turning pro and wrestlers have wrestled thousands of matches before even getting into mma. Their bodies are broken down by the time they reach the ufc.

Glass chin and mentally weak? You know he survived a decision fight against Prime Fedor right?

If you were in CroCops position walking down the ramp towards the Pride ring you would instantly die.

Glass chin and mentally weak? You know he survived a decision fight against Prime Fedor right?

If you were in CroCops position walking down the ramp towards the Pride ring you would instantly die.
Wow survived a decision vs “prime” Fedor. He sustained no damage in that lackluster fight. Babalu also went the distance with Fedor yet he’s been knocked out several times.

Wow survived a decision vs “prime” Fedor. He sustained no damage in that lackluster fight. Babalu also went the distance with Fedor yet he’s been knocked out several times.
Yea his face felt great after... Fedor was on a killing spree during that time as well.

14AEB395-4844-47A1-BE99-C99A0D45304D.jpeg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back