Who would win in their prime???

JBJISGOAT

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Who takes the fight in their primes between Kazuyuki Fujita (15-12) vs Cain Velasquez (14-2)????

Fujita notable wins:
Yvel
Shamrock
Kerr
Sapp
James Thompson

Cain notable wins:
Prime JDS 2x
TRT Bigfoot 2x
Rothwell
Big Nog
Brock
Kongo

@Typrune Goatley what he stated in a recent post when talking about Fujita vs Cain:
"Cain might still get the win but maybe not. He would surely meet his equal when it comes to relentless pace, yet superior chin and a heavier and stronger guy".

Who takes the fight in their primes between Kazuyuki Fujita (15-12) vs Cain Velasquez (14-2)????

Fujita notable wins:
Yvel
Shamrock
Kerr
Sapp
James Thompson

Cain notable wins:
Prime JDS 2x
TRT Bigfoot 2x
Rothwell
Big Nog
Brock
Kongo

@Typrune Goatley what he stated in a recent post when talking about Fujita vs Cain:
"Cain might still get the win but maybe not. He would surely meet his equal when it comes to relentless pace, yet superior chin and a heavier and stronger guy".
I said Cain would probably win but Fujita is a lot tougher and more durable than Brock. Cain would not beat him in a couple minutes like he did Brock. Brock gave up quickly. Fujita could take beatings for a much longer period of time.

Fujita was also a very accomplished amateur wrestler and had heavy hands. He was usually a tough fight for anyone in the early 2000s when he was in his prime years.

How is that so hard to understand?

Last edited:
the fugita that fought kerr could win

Last edited:
In what universe Bob Sapp is a notable win?
Or James Thompson?

Is this just a callout thread against @Typrune Goatley ? We've all made some dumb fucking claims in our time.

Fujita is underrated as fuck. Well in his 30's when he started mma. Took prime Cro Cop the distance and no man was closer to defeating The Last Emperor during his pride run.

Sea Level Cain is just too technically sound for him though.

Tough sonofabitch

the fugita thought fought kerr could won
AXdRcwg.gif

Sea level Cain takes it. My question is where are they fighting? Octagon or PRIDE ring?

In what universe Bob Sapp is a notable win?

In a universe where he was 5-1, had only lost to Big Nog in a very competitive fight and had just beat Ernesto Hoost under kickboxing rules. Twice.

It's easy to forget Sapp was feared by every HW on the planet at one point.

Oh yeah. His performance against Ken Shamrock was amazing.

{<jordan}

Is this just a callout thread against @Typrune Goatley ? We've all made some dumb fucking claims in our time.
I told him Cain would probably win even though Fujita is a great wrestler, possibly better than Cain in wrestling. Fujita also had a legendary chin and was heavier and stronger than Cain.

The reason why I would pick Cain is he has better boxing technique. I would not rule out Fujita winning at all because he was a beast but Cain is better all around. There were usually 10 to 15 HWs better than Fujita back then but he was no joke and tough for anyone.

Oh yeah. His performance against Ken Shamrock was amazing.

{<jordan}
Haha. That is a funny fight.

That was his 6th fight I believe. Fujita was very green to striking at that time. He came into MMA as a high level wrestler and learned striking over the years.

Shamrock had dozens of MMA fights by that point. He was far more experienced with striking.

He blew his wad trying to finish Ol Ironhead. Back then guys would tire themselves out beating on him. Kinda like what happened when Carwin couldn't finish Brock or when Conor could not finish Nate. You gas out and end up losing

Fujita notable wins:
Yvel
Shamrock
Kerr
Sapp
James Thompson

Cain notable wins:
Prime JDS 2x
TRT Bigfoot 2x
Rothwell
Big Nog
Brock
Kongo

Me, because I would KO you stiff

In a universe where he was 5-1, had only lost to Big Nog in a very competitive fight and had just beat Ernesto Hoost under kickboxing rules. Twice.

It's easy to forget Sapp was feared by every HW on the planet at one point.

I remember the hype before hype was even a thing for Sapp.

Everyone was like -he is the goat of goats.

He found a very odd way to earn money later on to be honest. 20 losses and last 10 I think in 1st round below 2 minutes.

Last edited:
The same one as a Brock win...until they were figured out they were monsters!

I am not talking about PEDs here. Both were/are steroid freaks.
Brock, like it or not, mostly fought in UFC, was UFC champ and had wins against 3 UFC champions.
Sapp is a guy who has more losses than wins (mma or kickboxing, your choice), most of them against no names.
14 losses in a row, I believe it is a world record in mma.

I am not talking about PEDs here. Both were/are steroid freaks.
Brock, like it or not, mostly fought in UFC, was UFC champ and had wins against 3 UFC champions.
Sapp is a guy who has more losses than wins (mma or kickboxing, your choice), most of them against no names.
14 losses in a row, I believe it is a world record in mma.
Everyone was scared of Sapp though. He beat Ernesto Hoost in kickboxing and only Nog had beaten him in MMA. And everyone knew they couldn't take a punch like Nog could. Sapp was 100 pounds bigger than Francis Ngannou, all muscle, had KO'ed GOAT kickboxer twice and was a former NFL player. People were legit scared of him.

He had a lot of confidence back then too.

He was 5-1 going into the Fujita bout.

Guys like Cro Cop and Fujita broke that confidence.

Back