UFC’s Real A-Level Athletes

RichardN7

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So much talk about meatheads like Romero, Ngannou and Hoodley being A-Level, when they are no more than muscle-bound donkeys who gas in 10 minutes. Same goes for AJ in boxing (look at Klitschko fight for reference. Gassed himself in the 5th after trying desperately to finish him, ended up almost getting finished himself in the 6th. LOL).

UFC’s real A-Level athletes:
At HW, there’s no one really impressive athletically. One of the reasons I can’t stand those bums.
LHW has many candidates, but the real deal has to be Daniel Cormier (ragdolls LHWs and HWs with next to no effort. Unlimited gas tank, never seen him gas. Unrivaled physical culture, evidenced by having learnt excellent boxing, despite being a wrassler).
At MW, Luke Cockhold is a specimen (tall, powerful, flexible, well-conditioned. His stand up is troubling, but his ground game and way he crushes guys on the ground show his physical superiority to anyone at MW).
WW has the GOAT - GSP (yes, he gassed at MW. However, putting on that much weight and ring rust will do that. At 170 in his prime... oh boy. Huge power and explosiveness, rivaling Hoodley... except he won’t gas no matter how intense it gets in there. Not to mention flexibility and movement culture thanks to gymnastics.
LW is competitive, but I’d say the guys who share first place are Tony Ferguson and Kebab (Kebab is a bum and fragile af, but he always overpowers and outlasts guys on the ground. Ferguson has no stop button and is athletically very gifted).
135-145 has Team Alpha Manlet (don't mind the jargon. Nothing but respect towards the TAM guys Chad, Cody, TJ, Urijah. Amazing athleticism on show there, especially the former three. Strong, resilient, huge gas tank. Just look at Cody’s gym footage. On pads, he’s faster and crisper than many pro boxers; on the mat, he moves like a BJJ black belt.
125 is obvious...

List any others guys!

If Yoel Romero isn't freak of nature i don't know who is.

And by the way, the best mma athletes are the best fighters.
In mma you don't need to run fast, jump high or kick a ball precisely, you need to punch fast, wrestle hard and kick the opponent head precisely.

I sense some racist undertones here. I'm out

If Anthony Joshua is not an A-level athlete then I don't know who the fuck is.

Romero is an Olympic athlete...

Most of these guys are collegiate wrestlers, which is an absolutely grueling sport - or have some sort of olympic pedigree.

I don't really understand your criteria. Sprinting a straight line for 10 second intervals like a wide receiver?

Stupid fucking thread!

Even "A-Level" athletes gas, in less physical sports that doesn't involve constant physical contact that triggers the flight or fight response like in MMA. Do you know what it is like, after cutting weight ("A" level athletes in other sports do not cut weight) and have to fight for your life for 25 minutes, defending takedowns, and have to constantly defend another human body, dealing with their pressure?

Last edited:
Conor McGregor is the only A+ level in mma history because hes the only one thats ever gotten paid like it.

I think cain and Jds is the closet to A level athlete in hw(ufc)
cain%2Bvelasquez%2Bufc%2B200%2Bkick.gif

UFC160-JDSXMarkHunt-Rd3-2c-Slomo-side-KO-400-sg.gif

The only A-level athlete in the UFC is Roy Big Country Nelson. He’s fat as shit and still a top level fighter with insane cardio. That’s an A level athlete. You have to be an special kind of athlete to carry all that extra weight and still have insane cardio?!

Sure all the other guys look pretty, but could they still be competitive carrying an extra 50 to 60 lbs of pure fat. I think not.EC087706-7D74-4A12-9B71-AB241C732884.jpeg

A level athlete
aaron-gibson.jpg

A level athlete
th

A level athlete
photos.medleyphoto.3457542.jpg

A level athlete
72416642_crop_650x440.jpg

A level athlete
heavycover.jpg

So much talk about meatheads like Romero, Ngannou and Hoodley being A-Level, when they are no more than muscle-bound donkeys who gas in 10 minutes. Same goes for AJ in boxing (look at Klitschko fight for reference. Gassed himself in the 5th after trying desperately to finish him, ended up almost getting finished himself in the 6th. LOL).

UFC’s real A-Level athletes:
At HW, there’s no one really impressive athletically. One of the reasons I can’t stand those bums.
LHW has many candidates, but the real deal has to be Daniel Cormier (ragdolls LHWs and HWs with next to no effort. Unlimited gas tank, never seen him gas. Unrivaled physical culture, evidenced by having learnt excellent boxing, despite being a wrassler).
At MW, Luke Cockhold is a specimen (tall, powerful, flexible, well-conditioned. His stand up is troubling, but his ground game and way he crushes guys on the ground show his physical superiority to anyone at MW).
WW has the GOAT - GSP (yes, he gassed at MW. However, putting on that much weight and ring rust will do that. At 170 in his prime... oh boy. Huge power and explosiveness, rivaling Hoodley... except he won’t gas no matter how intense it gets in there. Not to mention flexibility and movement culture thanks to gymnastics.
LW is competitive, but I’d say the guys who share first place are Tony Ferguson and Kebab (Kebab is a bum and fragile af, but he always overpowers and outlasts guys on the ground. Ferguson has no stop button and is athletically very gifted).
135-145 has Team Alpha Manlet (don't mind the jargon. Nothing but respect towards the TAM guys Chad, Cody, TJ, Urijah. Amazing athleticism on show there, especially the former three. Strong, resilient, huge gas tank. Just look at Cody’s gym footage. On pads, he’s faster and crisper than many pro boxers; on the mat, he moves like a BJJ black belt.
125 is obvious...

List any others guys!

are you misusing the word culture or is there another meaning i'm not aware of?

This constant A level discussion on here is such bullshit.

Who gives a shit how high someone can jump or how fast someone can sprint. None of that equates to getting punched in the face of fighting another human being for 5 minutes.

I guarantee you there are many college athletes that can't roll BJJ for 8 minutes Straight. Guaranfuckingtee on that

If Yoel Romero isn't freak of nature i don't know who is.

And by the way, the best mma athletes are the best fighters.
In mma you don't need to run fast, jump high or kick a ball precisely, you need to punch fast, wrestle hard and kick the opponent head precisely.
A31FDEC3-91AD-40B2-B593-997213B2DE3C.jpeg
“I’m not trying to be the best at exercising.”
-Kenny Powers

All I know is Sherdog is full of A level internet content posters... all natty too

Ngannou
Jones
Romero
Woodley
and maybe
Cain
DC
Fergusson

Yoel is the best athlete to complete in the UFC ever.

Randleman a close second

Back