Do you honestly think there are clean fighters?

If you're not booked, why would you be clean?

The one test that Wada uses that actually catches these guys and USADA doesn't cuz it costs too much money is $400.00 a test. If they buy in bulk then the price goes down but this is what they pay for individual tests not thousands..
Wtf are you even talking about.

There's hundreds of different tests for hundreds of different things.

What you (I'm guessing) are talking about is gc/irms (isotope ratio mass spectrometry) which USADA 100% do use. But they don't run every sample through it because that would be dumb. It's run on samples where initial analysis suggests it is needed

Nothing to do with cost. No point running it on a sample where there is zero evidence it would be worthwhile

You really have zero idea what you are talking about.

Go on, tell us about this fabled test that catches everyone but USADA don't use because it's too expensive..

Do you honestly think all fighters are on steroids?

And looks doesn't mean shit, these guys were on roids

20131219085830_josh_barnett.JPG

8838302_web1_fight8_070717ev_071.jpg

Anyanwu.jpg
Zu Anyanwu is not and never was on steroids, poor example

Every sports athlete on the planet uses performance enhancing drugs.

5% clean
95% cheaters

Im convinced they have all used at some point.
This. They may not be on it currently but are you telling me these guys compete against a sea of roiders before making it to the UFC and they are clean?

You obviously fucking care. Otherwise you wouldn't have made this thread.

Not that i care tho
You obviously care about his post, or you wouldn't have responded to this shit.

Not that I care.

I know, innocent until proven guilty, blabla. But.. Do you honestly believe fighters like Paulo Borrachinha, George St Pierre, Rockhold, pre-Stillmyboy Weidman are clean? By the way, yes i'm judging them by their looks, but you don't have to look like a Greek God to be a PED user, see Anderson Silva... Always had a weird body and skinny legs, yet... Not that i care though, let them juice. Every fighter should be able to afford roids

The point isn't about clean, its about how extreme the use is. Its the difference between driving 10 mph over the speed limit, or driving 50 mph over the speed limit. If you're going 10 over you're going to get away with it. At 50 you're going to get caught.

Yes.

And you CAN judge by looks if you know WTF you are talking about.

GSP =/= Paulo Costa or Romero.

Which is why the IOC, USADA, and every testing body in the world uses visual inspection instead of blood tests, right?

Think about it. Blood tests cost tens of millions every year, are extremely inconvenient for all involved. Visual inspection is almost free. So if visual inspection works, why do you suppose its not being used? Is it just that the IOC etc have never been on Sherdog so haven't heard of it? Might be an opportunity there - some bright Sherdogger could sell the secret of visual testing to the IOC for a few million dollars; they'd be happy to pay it, given the tens of millions spent on blood tests annually.

The one test that Wada uses that actually catches these guys and USADA doesn't cuz it costs too much money is $400.00 a test. If they buy in bulk then the price goes down but this is what they pay for individual tests not thousands..
WADA is a set of regulations by which USADA conducts themselves. I think you are referring to the carbon isotope test that VADA does but WADA/USADA does not. It is really shitty that they dont do that test but they stilll test for over 1000 different substances and to speak collectively they are spending a lot more than 400 dollars per athlete.

I think you are referring to the carbon isotope test that VADA does but WADA/USADA does not. It is really shitty that they dont do that test .

THEY DO USE THAT TEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GC/C/IRMS (as it is properly called Isotope Ratio Mass Spectrometry) is most definiately, 100000%, employed by USADA

But they don't run it on every sample because that would be totally fucking pointless. They run it when a preliminary urine screen suggests that it would be worth running.

IRMS would be used for instance in detecting exogenous testosterone. There is absolutely ZERO point in running a sample through IRMS to look for exogenous testosterone when the initial urine screen shows ABSOLUTELY ZERO EVIDENCE OR INDICATION that exogenous testosterone is even an issue.

You really need to stop believing the bullshit that comes out of Vada representatives mouths.

There is no point whatsoever in running IRMS on every sample, there's absolutely no reason to do it, none whatsoever.

A great RECENT example.

Cortney Casey - suspended by Texas because her t/e ratio exceeded 4:1 (totally normally in women)

Guess what, USADA had also found her t/e ratio in excess of 4:1 on several occasions. So what did they do?

THEY RAN FUCKING IRMS ON THE SAMPLES (and cleared her completely)

I know, innocent until proven guilty, blabla. But.. Do you honestly believe fighters like Paulo Borrachinha, George St Pierre, Rockhold, pre-Stillmyboy Weidman are clean? By the way, yes i'm judging them by their looks, but you don't have to look like a Greek God to be a PED user, see Anderson Silva... Always had a weird body and skinny legs, yet... Not that i care though, let them juice. Every fighter should be able to afford roids

the best cheaters never get caught. GSP is the most suspicious guy for sure. Maybe ufc is protecting him whereas they didn't care much for jones and silva.

. I think you are referring to the carbon isotope test that VADA does but WADA/USADA does not. It is really shitty that they dont do that test but they stilll test for over 1000 different substances and to speak collectively they are spending a lot more than 400 dollars per athlete.

Oh look.. 2015...

WADA labs ran over 5000 samples through GC/C/IRMS (Isotope ratio testing)

Salt Lake City lab put over 500 samples through IRMS

Los Angeles, over 300 samples though IRMS

Montral (who Vada use), around 300 samples through IRMS

ndXfbWh.png

Doofus..

Before stating something as fact, try checking facts.

IRMS is used WHEN the initial urinary screen suggests that it is worth doing. Its a lengthy complicated test, if USADA applied it to every one of the 20,000 samples a year they handle the labs would grind to a halt.

ps. weve no idea if vada submit every sample to gc/irms because they dont release ANY test data whatsoever.

I'm not sure. I do think there are clean fighters fighting at the top level though.

What I will say is that every time Andeson Silva has been busted for steroids, his fan base comes out accusing everyone in MMA of using steroids, and also comes down with a heavy case of whataboutism.....

Because they are the most pathetic fan base in MMA history.

There are clean athletes, they just don't tend to get that far in pro sports vs people who are juiced. In every weight division, most of the top 10 has probably used PEDs in their career. Not all of them are on it right now, but almost all have dabbled at the very least to get an edge on the competition at some point in their career, be it in college wrestling or as an amateur fighter on the come-up.

It's also important to remember not everyone on gear is going to look like Yoel, Ubereem, etc, not all PEDs are for gaining mass/strength, a lot of people are blood doping to get better cardio. So, while the eye test works for very obvious users, you can't say for sure someone is natty just because they aren't jacked like that. One of the bigger giveaways in MMA is gyno, because a lot of guys aren't making good money, they have to rely on cheap, dodgy steroids with improper PCT so a lot of guys get a case of bitchtits. I'm not gonna sit here and pollute my search history with male nipples to show examples, but you'll know when you see it on fighters.

Also a reminder: it is completely possible to be on a steroid cycle and pass USADA tests, so someone being tested a lot doesn't prove they're natural. if you microdose, drink a lot of water and use masking agent the steroid metabolites won't show in your piss.

Back