What happen with iran if government overthrown?

I'm 100% against anything like this, but it sounds like a possible scenario. I am against every military adventure we've had under republican administrations since WWII.

Fixed it for ya

So... Vietnam was a good thing according to your edit? That started under a Democratic Administration.

I was not speaking for myself.

I will say this about Vietnam as someone who has been to Vietnam many times in the last 5 years. The people are still taught at a young age that we(US) were the imperialist bad guys. But no one there believes it. In fact they fucking love America. It's very interesting

what happen then

but if your goal is to destroy their military and large weapons making ability then air strikes is enough to do that and enough to set them back 20 years in time.

Yes, but what happens when Iran responds, and knocks SA, and Israel back 20 years.

Iran is not Iraq. It is a seasoned fighting force, with advanced weapons, a relatively large population, and a homogenous population.

A military attack on Iran is a wet dream. Give it up already.

I was not speaking for myself.

I will say this about Vietnam as someone who has been to Vietnam many times in the last 5 years. The people are still taught at a young age that we(US) were the imperialist bad guys. But no one there believes it. In fact they fucking love America. It's very interesting

There was a part of documentary by Ken Burn's that I found interesting in relation to how Vietnam views the U.S.. Vietnam hates China. China has a long history of oppressive them. When it comes to the U.S., we were there for only a blink. They and most countries for that matter have a longer view of history. This impression was backed up by one of my relatives.

Why cant these what if threads about Iran instead be about Saudi Arabia?

I just don't understand why people are so hellbent on destroying the only decent Middle Eastern country, while ignoring the others.

One of my dreams is to see the Black Stone in Mecca undergo a Bastille-like treatment. Probably won't happen in my lifetime.

Net neutrality goes BYEBYE

i do not know what it means.
Yes, but what happens when Iran responds, and knocks SA, and Israel back 20 years.

Iran is not Iraq. It is a seasoned fighting force, with advanced weapons, a relatively large population, and a homogenous population.

i though they have most advanced missile defense and they have US help with defense.

Iran isn't going anywhere. One of the most stable governments in the ME

The "Rules of Engagement" concept is absolutely fucked too. My dad experienced it in Vietnam, my best friend experienced it in Afghanistan too.

My dad had to watch a friend of his take an AK round to the head before him and his squad could start shooting back. My buddy in Afghanistan had to sit and watch a 12 year old blow himself and a striker up because even though everything told him the kid was a threat he couldn't do shit but sit to the side and watch friends of his get incinerated in the blast.

That sounds horrible. But in the second example, it sounds like a surprise attack. Could the striker have moved out of way or was it kind of stuck there?

That sounds horrible. But in the second example, it sounds like a surprise attack. Could the striker have moved out of way or was it kind of stuck there?
It probably was but it also sounds like it was like a Striker column and they chose the one that was second in line.

Worst part, they were in the district delivering water and medical supplies.

The worst part is that they should never have been there in the first place.

What does saudi arabia expect? will salfaism spread in iran?
Salafism wouldn't spread and Saudis wouldn't care about it. They along with USA and Israel would try to install a puppet regime in Iran.

They wont do jack shit.

I know you pay attention to military, and foreign policy.

I think you know how this plays out. They will battle for optics. If either side fucks up in a way that can justify foreign intervention, then it will happen.

Short of that, if either side just blatantly attacks the other, it will draw military action from their big brothers. If Israel just strikes nuclear facilities, Russia or China isnt getting involved. However, if Israel does that, and Iran runs a naval blockade, or counter strikes military targets, and the US gets involved, I do think Russia would respond. In the global game of Risk, they would be fools not to.

it is not homogenous look at first page.

As an aside, I was talking to a guy from Iran over here studying. He was claiming to me that 80% of Iranians are atheist these days (speaking for people who live in the capital) even though they won't admit it as it is legally disallowed. As an aside to this aside, his wife/girlfriend is a 10 out 10 gorgeous. I don't believe the 80% figure, but it wouldn't surprise me if it is informally more secular than many of the neighbors.

Back