Joe Rogan: fighters are lucky Lebron plays basketball

Status
Not open for further replies.

PRESIDENT TRUMP

MCGA
@Black
Reaction score

imagine if the most physically gifted athlete the world has ever seen didn't care about money and decided to partake in human cockfighting? would likely have been heavyweight champ as a high school senior

3b8c1a2bda7ab4f563f814926df99844.gif

lebron-james-dunk-jason-terry.gif

pdjvxj.gif

Hogan out of his mind on drugs again.

LeBron on Turinabol would be HW champion with 2 weeks of basic striking training.

Baseball players are the best. Stipe, former baseball player. Michael Jordan, sucked at baseball. Deion Sanders, 2 Super Bowls, 0 World Series. Baseball is at the top of the pyramid.

Fighters want to be challenged so they can improve, and have the chance of basking in glory by beating the best. Many would love a challenge like a Lebron who started martial arts as a youth rather than basketball, so in that sense they are NOT lucky Lebron went the basketball route.

But just because he's one of the best b-ball players who ever was does not mean he would have been one of the best mixed martial artists who ever was.

Most gifted athlete ... IN THE WORLD? James?

Let him run 90 minutes with Cristiano Ronaldo pace and you'll see your most physically gifted athlete in the world...

Don't get me wrong -he is a hell of an athlete, but most gifted? Not even close.

Would be dope though to see him in a combat sport.

When it comes to athletes -I would love to see someone on a Michael Phelps level of athleticism.

NBA players probably have the best build for mma

I don't follow rogan all that closely, but I think that's the first time I've ever heard him speak respectfully about another sport outside of mma. usually with him it's all "who wants to see someone throw a ball around" or something like that.

Most elite athletes wouldn’t be good at MMA or boxing.

Most people simply can’t tolerate punches to the face. Athletes are tougher than average, but most of them couldn’t either.

If every NBA or NFL player went into MMA, yes, a number would be championship level.

But there is no single player for whom you could say, he’d be championship level. The attributes required to be a top fighter are too rare.

There are plenty of young guys with good boxing skill, but can’t take a punch. Remember that the top fighters we see are the guys who survived this natural selection - they are the guys with abnormal chins. Even guys known for “glass” chins, probably have decent chins compared to the random male.

Can Lebron take a punch? Does he have a glass jaw? We don’t know.

If you gave me 100 different dudes with Lebron’s athleticism, I’d say a number would be champ level. But you can’t make that claim about Lebron specifically.

Fighters are lucky that Lebron doesn't want to make peanuts whilst getting CTE.

He's physically gifted in ways one can only dream of....

Having said that, there is a real possibility he could be a total pussy who is not cut out for fighting.

Look at Brock....

There are different types of athtletic. LeBron is an amazing athlete for sure, doesn't necessarily mean he'd be good at every sport though. MMA and boxing have some A level athletes for sure. Yoel Romero being a prime example.

Rogan says some stupid ass shit sometimes. For a guy who's supposedly "educated" in the sport, he comes off as ignorant and careless a lot.

Most gifted athlete ... IN THE WORLD? James?

Let him run 90 minutes with Cristiano Ronaldo pace and you'll see your most physically gifted athlete in the world...

Don't get me wrong -he is a hell of an athlete, but most gifted? Not even close.

Would be dope though to see him in a combat sport.

When it comes to athletes -I would love to see someone on a Michael Phelps level of athleticism.
There is no single definition for athleticism.

But for sheer playground athleticism, or combine athleticism, I’d say Lebron blows Ronaldo completely out of the water.

Also don’t get confused. Lebron has fucking insane cardio. Probably not Ronaldo level, but still crazy.

Lebron and Bo Jackson are the biggest athletic freaks I’ve ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back