UFC 219 main event

executionermma

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I totally get why most people shit on WMMA, yes to some extent the skill level is years behind MMA in general, but if you are a real fight fan i can't understand why hate on THIS fight in particular, the technique is certainly there with one of the best technicians counter strikers in Holly Holm and one of the best woman to ever do it in Cris Cyborg, who is the most ferocious and agressive woman on the planet and has never been in a boring fight.

I'd watch her as a main event any day over boring ass T Wood staring at people or DJ fighting 23 years old kid Ray Borg in a grappling/sparring match.

So yeah, my question is why people are talking like it's a bad fight? Just because there is 2 woman? Lol im not pushing feminist bullshit tbh, just trying to figure it out, it's a interesting match up and i doubt it turns out to be a boring fight, one thing is to hate on Tecia Torres point/decision style or on Felice Herrig fights, but Cyborg-Holm it's totally different, it has everything.

20150827223746904716a.jpg

It's not a bad fight but they should start making dedicated WMMA events.

Probably because this is a title fight in a completely irrelevant division that only has 2 people in it.

It's not a bad fight but they should start making dedicated WMMA events.
No reason to do so, in my opinion. Also WMMA probably brings numbers, that's a fact..

Probably because this is a title fight in a completely irrelevant division that only has 2 people in it.
Yeah but that doesn't really matters, that one it's a great fight, the lack of fighters in that weight class is a different topic i think.

I feel the card is very weak overall. Feels like a top notch Fox card but a weak PPV.

No it's not a bad fight, but if that's the best one can say about a main event that's not good enough.

I'll be honest, Holm vs Cyborg is exciting. I don't care what anybody says.

Rest of WMMA is lmao though.

I mean if anything Cyborg should be the exception of every hardcore about WMMA..

Good fight, but not end of the year main event material

Seriously, Holm is fucking shit and grotesquely overrated - purely based on her Ronda win.

Ronda had great judo and good BJJ which enabled her to plough through WMMA, that's how thin the talent pool is. As a result of beating Ronda, Holm has been given about 6.2 million title shots, in god knows how many divisions.

She looked shite prior to beating Ronda, and has looked shite post beating Ronda.

On top of that, Cyborg is so genetically modified that she is basically a fella fighting women.

It's completely uninspiring and uninteresting to me.

The Facebook post got like 50k likes and thousands of comments,your local "sports"radio guys will talk about it too.

I totally get why most people shit on WMMA, yes to some extent the skill level is years behind MMA in general, but if you are a real fight fan i can't understand why hate on THIS fight in particular, the technique is certainly there with one of the best technicians counter strikers in Holly Holm and one of the best woman to ever do it in Cris Cyborg, who is the most ferocious and agressive woman on the planet and has never been in a boring fight

Im as big a fan of WMMA as you will find on these forums. But this a BS fight. Why?

1) Because its a BS title, a title where there are only 2 women in the division and one of them has yet to fight in the UFC

2) Someone getting a title shot on the back of a 1-3 recent record

If this was a regular fight, Cyborg v Holm at a catchweight 140, just as a one off contest, fine.

but dont try and sell it to me as a world title fight. thats just bollocks

It's all sherdog bravado. If someone gets a ko this forum is gonna be lit.

I mean if anything Cyborg should be the exception of every hardcore about WMMA..

Why? She is a certified steroid cheat. There are steroid cheats and then there are steroid cheats.

Jones is a steroid cheat, but TRT Belfort is a STEROID CHEAT - feel me?

Cyborg and her bro Gabi Garcia have no business fighting women, and commissions have no business putting normal women in a cage / ring with them.

Im as big a fan of WMMA as you will find on these forums. But this a BS fight. Why?

1) Because its a BS title, a title where there are only 2 women in the division and one of them has yet to fight in the UFC

2) Someone getting a title shot on the back of a 1-3 recent record

If this was a regular fight, Cyborg v Holm at a catchweight 140, just as a one off contest, fine.

but dont try and sell it to me as a world title fight. thats just bollocks
2 fair arguments, no doubt, but hey how that's not a world title fight? Cyborg was the 145 champ outside UFC too, and she already was defending it at Invicta/SF..the problem is that the other 145ers aren't at UFC

2 fair arguments, no doubt, but hey how that's not a world title fight? Cyborg was the 145 champ outside UFC too, and she already was defending it at Invicta/SF..the problem is that the other 145ers aren't at UFC

who did she defend against in invicta.. bunch of nobodies

and now shes defending against a 135'er

Why? She is a certified steroid cheat. There are steroid cheats and then there are steroid cheats.

Jones is a steroid cheat, but TRT Belfort is a STEROID CHEAT - feel me?

Cyborg and her bro Gabi Garcia have no business fighting women, and commissions have no business putting normal women in a cage / ring with them.
that was 7 years ago, she's been tested with USADA for years and she's clean, so why not?
and no i don't understand your point, Jones and Belfort did pretty much the same

who did she defend against in invicta.. bunch of nobodies

and now shes defending against a 135'er
lol how so? didn't M Anderson just fought Tweet for the belt? well that's the woman that Cyborg defended against

Back