The UFC needs A level athletes like this.

Can someone please explain me this obsession with athleticism and the "not care" attitude towards things that can render it useless? Such as, for how long someone can maintain said athleticism before gassing, especially after being elbowed a few times in the head?

I've never seen any other sport fans showing so little respect towards its top practitioners like MMA "fans" do. If anything, an MMA observer should've been given enough examples of athletic guys quitting/being finished when the unathletic ones they faced had more heart. About same level of intellectual finesse involved.

Some of the fine gents around remind me of those partaking in select forums of the early 2000s, discussing "mixed animal fights" - i.e. who would win between a great white and a hippo.

Disgusting.

Jones is a pure example, by his own admission he couldn't keep up with either of his brothers and wasn't much of a football player.
That goes to show that just because your good with an inflated ball doesn't necessarily mean you can fight!

That entertainment factor is the number one x-factor that separates A from B-level fighters, in my opinion.

eJaB7va.gif

If any of this were true or even mattered at ALL when it comes to fighting, then Matt Mitrione would be undefeated HW GOAT. Greg Hardy would be the best prospect in all of MMA right now.

How I feel when I see "A level athlete"
Team-Building-Blog_01.jpg

Benching 315 is considered impressive nowadays?

Damn, the standards are deteriorating.

He would be up there with Jones.

On the USADA wall of shame

Edit: wait what - one rep of 315 wtf

Can someone please explain me this obsession with athleticism and the "not care" attitude towards things that can render it useless? Such as, for how long someone can maintain said athleticism before gassing, especially after being elbowed a few times in the head?

I've never seen any other sport fans showing so little respect towards its top practitioners like MMA "fans" do. If anything, an MMA observer should've been given enough examples of athletic guys quitting/being finished when the unathletic ones they faced had more heart. About same level of intellectual finesse involved.

Some of the fine gents around remind me of those partaking in select forums of the early 2000s, discussing "mixed animal fights" - i.e. who would win between a great white and a hippo.

Disgusting.
Agreed completely.
There's a huge difference between throwing a ball, vs fighting a trained killer until one's will is broken.
Romero is an A-level athlete, with the skills in wrestling to back it up, it didn't win him the fight against Whitaker because of superior skill.

If any of this were true or even mattered at ALL when it comes to fighting, then Matt Mitrione would be undefeated HW GOAT. Greg Hardy would be the best prospect in all of MMA right now.

How I feel when I see "A level athlete"
Team-Building-Blog_01.jpg

Mitrione was an unspectacular college football player that went undrafted and has a grand total of 4 tackles in his NFL career that covers several seasons. Had his first pro fight at 31 with no prior grappling experience and held his own with top heavyweights by his 6th pro fight.

A guy that studied karate during adolescence is ranked 7th in the world by some places and he wasn't good enough to stay signed on NFL practice squads. There might be some truth to this whole A level athlete business.

MMA has had and still has a ton of Olympic athletes even gold, silver, and bronze medalists. You can't get much higher world class athletes than that.

A level athlete who was selected for the Minnesota Vikings practice squad with basically zero football experience:

78AkRhc.gif

Agreed completely.
There's a huge difference between throwing a ball, vs fighting a trained killer until one's will is broken.
Romero is an A-level athlete, with the skills in wrestling to back it up, it didn't win him the fight against Whitaker because of superior skill.

A most excellent insight.

That goes to show that just because your good with an inflated ball doesn't necessarily mean you can fight!

Nah jones couldn't keep up with them. Meaning had Arthur trained mma as long as jon he would still be whopping that ass

Back