AQUAMAN Movie ($67.4 Million U.S. Opening Weekend)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard very little about this movie

Probably why I am still excited for it

I bet she got that bottle of wine in the settlement.

Update: December 7, 2017

First Official Image of Jason Momoa as Aquaman in James Wan's AQUAMAN

EW’s exclusive first image from the stand-alone Aquaman movie shows Arthur Curry looking somehow even more jacked and more tatted and more menacing than he did before as he strides out of the steam amid some industrial setting:

What’s also interesting is how even this still photo has a rather different feel than images from Justice League, which introduced Aquaman to audiences last month. Director James Wan (Furious 7, The Conjuring) says you can expect many more differences to come. “It’s going to look very different, it will feel very different — aesthetically, tonally, story-wise — it’s my own take,” Wan tells EW. “It’s a much more a traditional action-adventure quest movie.”

Momoa reveals we can expect to see a tale that spans details Curry’s difficult childhood as a half-human, half-Atlantean to eventually becoming king.

Justice League was only a weekend in Arthur Curry’s life,” Momoa says. “This is a totally different beast. In Aquaman, you see when his parents met and what happened to hem. Then the little boy being raised and finding his powers and going through that and never being accepted on either side. And then becoming this man who puts up all these walls. You just slowly see this man harden up and be completely reluctant wanting to be king and not knowing what to do with these powers he has. I think James Wan just killed it.”

When Wan first met with Warner Bros. to discuss taking on a superhero film, they famously gave him two options: One was a very popular character (The Flash) and the other was considered so impossible to pull off that the prospect of a movie had been a running joke on Entourage. Naturally, the veteran horror director picked the project that would terrify anybody else.

“Aquaman has been the joke of the comic book world, but the more I thought about it, the more I thought how cool that would be,” Wan explains. “Let’s take the character everybody makes fun of and do something really interesting with him.”

Aquaman first look reveals an ultra-jacked Jason Momoa - Exclusive

Sounds like its gonna be completely up its own ass, just like all DC movies. Expecting it to be a 1.5-2/5 star movie.

Sounds like its gonna be completely up its own ass, just like all DC movies. Expecting it to be a 1.5-2/5 star movie.

b57.gif

that said, I'll still see it

This is gonna go one of 2 ways.......either it's going to be a flop or it's going to be a total fucking disaster.

that said, I'll still see it
I used to watch all the superhero movies before too, but I've given up on DC. If I want to watch anything DC related I'll watch either my Batman Animated Series or Justice League Unlimited DVDs

Update: December 7, 2017

First Official Image of Jason Momoa as Aquaman in James Wan's AQUAMAN

EW’s exclusive first image from the stand-alone Aquaman movie shows Arthur Curry looking somehow even more jacked and more tatted and more menacing than he did before as he strides out of the steam amid some industrial setting:

What’s also interesting is how even this still photo has a rather different feel than images from Justice League, which introduced Aquaman to audiences last month. Director James Wan (Furious 7, The Conjuring) says you can expect many more differences to come. “It’s going to look very different, it will feel very different — aesthetically, tonally, story-wise — it’s my own take,” Wan tells EW. “It’s a much more a traditional action-adventure quest movie.”

Momoa reveals we can expect to see a tale that spans details Curry’s difficult childhood as a half-human, half-Atlantean to eventually becoming king.

Justice League was only a weekend in Arthur Curry’s life,” Momoa says. “This is a totally different beast. In Aquaman, you see when his parents met and what happened to hem. Then the little boy being raised and finding his powers and going through that and never being accepted on either side. And then becoming this man who puts up all these walls. You just slowly see this man harden up and be completely reluctant wanting to be king and not knowing what to do with these powers he has. I think James Wan just killed it.”

When Wan first met with Warner Bros. to discuss taking on a superhero film, they famously gave him two options: One was a very popular character (The Flash) and the other was considered so impossible to pull off that the prospect of a movie had been a running joke on Entourage. Naturally, the veteran horror director picked the project that would terrify anybody else.

“Aquaman has been the joke of the comic book world, but the more I thought about it, the more I thought how cool that would be,” Wan explains. “Let’s take the character everybody makes fun of and do something really interesting with him.”

Aquaman first look reveals an ultra-jacked Jason Momoa - Exclusive

And this, of course, is the Aquaman movie they should have made before Justice League:rolleyes:

I used to watch all the superhero movies before too, but I've given up on DC. If I want to watch anything DC related I'll watch either my Batman Animated Series or Justice League Unlimited DVDs

Their animated movie's are dope.

DCEU needs a major reebot. They need someone like Kevin Fiege

This is gonna go one of 2 ways.......either it's going to be a flop or it's going to be a total fucking disaster.

it's quite sad how WB and DCEU are starting to put a bad taste in everyone's mouth lol. Only the true marvel haters will still support them.

(In the end being either side is stupid, overall comic book fans take a loss because that means wasted good story lines)

it's quite sad how WB and DCEU are starting to put a bad taste in everyone's mouth lol. Only the true marvel haters will still support them.

(In the end being either side is stupid, overall comic book fans take a loss because that means wasted good story lines)

Yeah, reminds me of the PRIDE vs UFC debates from years back...........who gives a fuck which millionaire is getting richer. All that matters really is the product.

Imagine being all-in at the WSOP final table - winner takes home the bracelet and $8M -

and it comes down to the river card -

and that card is Aquaman....

nfw2fi0.gif

Their animated movie's are dope.

DCEU needs a major reebot. They need someone like Kevin Fiege

I don't need an extended universe.

Just give us good stand-alone character movies. Heck, put them in a three movie arch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back