DARK PHOENIX (First Critics Reviews; Tracking for $50 Million Opening Weekend)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Turner was an ok choice for First Class as a younger, less confident Jean. The fact she is so unsuited to being Dark Phoenix a few years later suggests to me that Fox had no idea what they were doing when they started on First Class.

<6><6><36><36>

This has “X-men Last Stand” written all over this.

Sophie Turner is getting super attractive. Bet she is gonna stay around in Hollywood for quite some years.

Sophie Turner is not a bad actress. She just isnt meant to play Jean Grey.

Actually I think Jessica Chastain can pull of a Jean Grey, but for some reason they want all the X-men to be super young. So dumb.

Same with JLaw. She is not a bad actress, she just isnt a superhero/villianess kind of actress.

Or maybe the article you just posted has it wrong.
Could be. Could also be a red herring. But the fact that EW is the one reporting it - not to mention they have the scoop over the first official images, story details and behind-the-scenes interview - makes it unlikely.

Trivia: Jessica Chastain posted on Instagram last September where she said, "Hey folks, want a scoop? I'm not playing Lilandra...." She deleted that comment afterwards.

O2zUxv5.jpg

Could be. Could also be a red herring. But the fact that EW is the one reporting it - not to mention they have the scoop over the first official images, story details and behind-the-scenes interview - makes it unlikely.

Trivia: Jessica Chastain posted on Instagram last September where she said, "Hey folks, want a scoop? I'm not playing Lilandra...." She deleted that comment afterwards.

O2zUxv5.jpg

Was there ever a Skrull Queen in the comics? It is really stupid to have a beautiful woman like Jessica Chastain transform into a green skinned ogre looking skrull. They are wasting her. The studio is better off with her playing Lilandra.

Was there ever a Skrull Queen in the comics? It is really stupid to have a beautiful woman like Jessica Chastain transform into a green skinned ogre looking skrull. They are wasting her. The studio is better off with her playing Lilandra.
Aside from a few things they got it right, Fox gonna Fox I guess.

Gonna be weird when they do eventually sell to Disney and they reboot the series in 2019.

DL - do you have an updated fantasy casting if Disney were to acquire the property??

DL - do you have an updated fantasy casting if Disney were to acquire the property??
Yes, I do have something in mind. But my plate is a bit full now as I am currently working on my annual 2018 Movie Guide, Most Anticipated Films of 2018, article about the DCEU, my website and working on my new business. So the X-Men casting with scripts will have to wait after I'm done with it.

Gonna be weird when they do eventually sell to Disney and they reboot the series in 2019.

That would be interesting to think about...I'd like to hear DL's take as well.
For Jean Grey, I think a young Anne Hathaway would have been good. A person who is a telepath should have a special way with people. Turner doesn't. Jean was the heart of the team, and Turner is not going to be able to rally a team around her--or get an audience invested enough in her to care. FOX doesn't get these characters at all.
I just watched Valerian and the City of a thousand planets, I think the main actor guy from there would be a good Cyclops.

I doubt Chastain will be a Skrull.
Maybe one of those sci-fi scenarios where people can't comprehend what she really looks like?
Or a regular shapeshifter. Imma think about who it could be.

Did nobody else notice Nightcrawler in the images?

edit: duh, @Dragonlordxxxxx mentions it in the first sentence...
latest

I doubt Chastain will be a Skrull.
Maybe one of those sci-fi scenarios where people can't comprehend what she really looks like?
Or a regular shapeshifter. Imma think about who it could be.

Did nobody else notice Nightcrawler in the images?

edit: duh, @Dragonlordxxxxx mentions it in the first sentence...
latest

I did not see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back