More winning: Trump admin cuts program to help homeless vets 2 days after reaffirming support.

The tweet says

That doesn't contradict the tweet in the OP. The whole angle of that article is that they reversed course after getting called out, not that they're still going through with it.
The tweet tells less than half the story, and doesn't even report the latest development.

The news is that the administration appeared to backtrack and there will be no change.

The tweet tells less than half the story, and doesn't even report the latest develpement.

The news is that the administration appeared to backtrack and there will be no change.
I wouldn't disagree that it's spun in such a way as to get someone worked up, but the tweet is factually correct.

I wouldn't disagree that it's spun in such a way as to get someone worked up, but the tweet is factually correct.
To me there's a difference between "spin" and "blatant omission". Tweets from a news site should not omit the most recent developments.

To me there's a difference between "spin" and "blatant omission". Tweets from a news site should not omit the most recent developments.
If the article wasn't focusing so much on the why of Shulkin changing his mind I'd feel the same way.

Two days after the Veterans Affairs secretary touted Trump’s support for homeless vets, his agency said it would cut funding for a major housing program serving vulnerable vets

Taken directly from Twatter.

But when you actually open the article, you find that the VA does not plan to cut funding.

read the politico twitter in the op. It says the agency said it would cut the program. The article elaborates, stating that they planned to do so, then neglected to do so after a backlash.

read the politico twitter in the op. It says the agency said it would cut the program. The article elaborates, stating that they planned to do so, then neglected to do so after a backlash.
Look at the title of this thread:

"Trump admin cuts program to help homeless vets 2 days after reaffirming support."

In your mind, is that an accurate headline?

The answer is no, because the Trump admin never cut a penny from the program. Tribalism at its worst.

Look at the title of this thread:

"Trump admin cuts program to help homeless vets 2 days after reaffirming support."

In your mind, is that an accurate headline?

The answer is no, because the Trump admin never cut a penny from the program. Tribalism at its worst.
yeah but what if he did?

since the program is so good would they mind posting their numbers and maybe having these guys come and streamline them?

yeah but what if he did?

since the program is so good would they mind posting their numbers and maybe having these guys come and streamline them?

You'll get no argument from me on this. A couple people I'm very close with receive all their medical care from the VA. I'm familiar with the mess.

You'll get no argument from me on this. A couple people I'm very close with receive all their medical care from the VA. I'm familiar with the mess.
Lose a few friends after they've left the war. Then tell me how great these programs are

He's not looking all that likely to make it through his first term at the current rate things are moving with the Mueller investigation. But if he does make it through and win my opinion won't change. You're still a moron if you support the guy.
The investigation that isn't making any headway at all? That Mueller investigation? Or do we need another failed vote to impeach?

so you think he was right to nominate a guy to this position that wanted to restructure a crap program like the va or are you happy he didn't? if you're happy he didn't then didn't you still get what you wanted? if you aren't why are you mad it was considered?

The investigation that isn't making any headway at all? That Mueller investigation? Or do we need another failed vote to impeach?
That vote had literally nothing to do with any results of the Mueller investigation. Regardless (in your language "irregardless"), we'll see what happens.

Define "support". I like some aspects of his presidency. That makes me an idiot?
Tell me what you don't like and I'll see if I can be a little kinder with my characterization.

you're kidding, right?

That vote had literally nothing to do with any results of the Mueller investigation. Regardless (in your language "irregardless"), we'll see what happens.
I didn't say it was related, learn how to comprehend what you read.

Back