Destiny 2, v2: Now grinding for Bright Engrams

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want my goddamn Icebreaker and G-horn back. Fucking Bungie.

Other than that give me the goddamn Raid rocket so I can at least have non-seeking wolfpac rounds.
They brought back the Jade Rabbit and Telesto with CoO maybe they will bring those two back in another dlc. I highly doubt it though those two was liked too much and if they did I highly doubt the Icebreaker would be worth it with how weak Snipers are now. The queenbreakers bow & sleeper simulant would fit in though seeing how they got linear fusion rifles now.

avoid PvP for now unless you have the Prometheus Lens, literally a joke. A weapon that has a .4-.5 second time to kill has no place in this game. *in before we asked for buffed primaries* No, this is vex mythocast levels of broken.
tanker put up a video showing it so it's the new meta now huh. what is it's range and dmg falloff? I'll probably go into pvp now the mida and uriel's gift meta was bad enough but atleast you could still counter it with other scout rifles and auto rifles.

Nothing like getting dupes on dupes. I have a wardcliff coil, get one from Zavala, then turn around to the cryptarch and get another. Irritating.

Holy fuck, what is Bungo doing? They bring back the Gravitron and it increases the duration of invisibility? Jesus, poor console players. If there was still anyone that thought Bungo actually play tested things, Prometheus Lens proves otherwise, fuck is that thing broken.

Holy fuck, what is Bungo doing? They bring back the Gravitron and it increases the duration of invisibility? Jesus, poor console players. If there was still anyone that thought Bungo actually play tested things, Prometheus Lens proves otherwise, fuck is that thing broken.

Another update coming next week so maybe they'll nerf it immediately.

Another update coming next week so maybe they'll nerf it immediately.

Big surprise... Prometheus Lens shipped with a bug. Yeah, no shit. haha

Reddit has fucking gone beyond implosion... something I hadn't considered is that non-DLC players are now locked out of all Prestige content, and it's likely they are going to be locked out of Trials, and possibly even Iron Banner (no confirmation here though). Strange how quickly things have shifted.

Edit : also hard-locked out of the Heroic Strike playlist.

Last edited:
This game is following the same trajectory as D1 did so far. Flawed main game with obvious potential followed by an initial shitty expansion with very little content. The only problem is we've already been here before, as this isn't bungie's first go. It almost seems like the lessons they learned from Destiny 1's life cycle were just completely ignored. I don't know if people are going to stick around to see if they can patch the game back to life: I know I'm on the fence this time, and I was a big-time bungie apologist during the shitty parts of Destiny 1. I see that tanker is too, and I highly doubt we're even close to alone in that feeling.

They lost me big time. Hundreds of hours in D1 and maybe 60 in D2? They don't know what the fuck they're doing and/or their team management is absolutely terrible. So many bad decisions and QOL features and other things from D1 that were left out because they either had to rush to release again or are now paid DLC. Heroic strikes locked behind DLC is hilarious. I hope D3 crashes and burns bad enough that Bungie either closes or is bought out by Activision and turned into some licensed game farm. Terrible, terrible greedy studio. They've always been such a smug studio...

Compare them to Creative Assembly who are having a big blowback from the community because promised game updates for Total War: Warhammer 2 have beem either slow or non-existent. They posted a blog this week that said, "We screwed up." and then went into detail as to why they're having trouble updating the game and apologized for it. They also gave fans a clear content road map for next 6 months or so. People aren't happy but a lot of people applauded CA's post and overall it was well received. Total.opposite of Bungie lol.

I thought Dark Below was a good amount of fun and it all culminated with the raid... we knew it going in that we were going to fight Crota, so all of the missions where we destroyed his sword, weakened his soul, etc was so that we could jump into his realm and whip his ass. There was a sense of purpose there and it kind of made sense. We also got a cool character with a ton of back story in Eris Morn who was now a permanent fixture at the tower giving us bounties and that great Murmur quest (as already mentioned by @tru3f4n ).

CoO is explained away by "time-travel" so anything can happen and then they hit you right in the face at the end with that crap about "multiple equations giving the same outcome," so basically what we just did was 100% meaningless. And why in the flying fuck did Osiris jump back into the Infinite Forest instead of coming to the tower or even the fucking Lighthouse? Just so boring, frustrating, and I hate to say it but it just feels lazy. This way they don't have to develop the character, alter the tower space, or anything.

Somebody else brought this up but what exactly is the curse of Osiris? Also, what in the flying fuck did the Traveler awakening actually have to do with the Vex and the Infinite Forest? Ikora tells us on the first mission that the Traveler's awakening has something to do with this, but then we don't learn a single thing about it. Osiris is basically a phantom except for the cut scene to say "Hi, good job, and now I'm leaving for no reason."

I probably need to just pull myself away from this thread because I am quite upset / negative about the game right now. I was really hoping this was going to draw me back in, get me vested in the story and wanting to run the raid again, but holy hell I'm just pissed and bored. Sorry for the rant guys, I do hope that others might find aspects of this DLC which they enjoy, but I really can't find much. Some good QoL changes, you can now see the challenges at all times even if you have glimmer on the screen, and that's nice. haha

I get what you're saying. Truth is, the story has been a bag of shit for years now. An incredibly cool setting with a whole lot of nothing going on. If you think about it too much, none of this stuff makes sense. These retarded Osiris copies coming together and such. How? What? This Traveler dude who only gets more ambiguous and even irrelevant as a concept with each new slice of content. I'll take Halo's universe over this drivel any day of the week.

Not even mentioning the complete clusterfuck that is PVP. The constant nerfing and buffing and shit they break to fix other things.

Fuck, I miss those Halo 3 pvp days.

Infinite Forest is so dumb. They're so proud of it, but it's not freakin playable unless you're in a mission, and you can just run past everything that doesn't have a Daemon. It's a road you shoot baddies on, that's it. Why are they so proud of that?

tanker put up a video showing it so it's the new meta now huh. what is it's range and dmg falloff? I'll probably go into pvp now the mida and uriel's gift meta was bad enough but atleast you could still counter it with other scout rifles and auto rifles.
Not sure what tanker posting a video has to do with anything. The gun has a .35 time to kill while every other gun takes 1.1-1.2 seconds.

Not sure what tanker posting a video has to do with anything. The gun has a .35 time to kill while every other gun takes 1.1-1.2 seconds.
it was showing a titan getting raped by that gun teamshot, 1 on 1, flanked, just getting destroyed I would've just raged quit.

well atleast the heroic strikes feel worth it but having two new ones being from the store missions is fucked very lazy they didn't even make them "Taken" just same fucking missions but this time with your ghost.

Make or break with the raid lair tomorrow me thinks

well atleast the heroic strikes feel worth it but having two new ones being from the store missions is fucked very lazy they didn't even make them "Taken" just same fucking missions but this time with your ghost.

You can't even select strikes anymore either.
Yesterdag, I spent two hours in that heroic strike playlist without ever playing one of those new strikes. I. Have. Yet. To. See. A. New. Strike. (I assume it's at least more than one new strike?)
Also, why are they called HEROIC strikes if you breeze through them all the same? No modifiers or other things to spice them up.
I would laugh at it if it wasn't so sad haha

Lazy fucks at Bungo.

it was showing a titan getting raped by that gun teamshot, 1 on 1, flanked, just getting destroyed I would've just raged quit.

There are tons of videos showing just that, and Bungo admitted it has a bug where the TTK is really short.

Dude, that Prometheus Lens is some shit. I got straight clownshoed. Played a team with 2-3 of them and couldn't do anything. LOL

There are tons of videos showing just that, and Bungo admitted it has a bug where the TTK is really short.
Not play testing shit isn't a bug, it's incompetence. It's either incompetence or they knew it was fucked and let it go live anyways so people would play lots to grind for it.
Xur is selling it this weekend too LOL
It's either sell it so everyone can get it or cancel Trials again and since their game is already on life support...

I tried the quickplay to fill the weekly and get those advanced paradox amplifier for the forge weapons and only came across it in one game

The raid is short but pretty sweet. Requires some good coordination and dps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back