Captain Placed On Administrative Leave After Making Statement About White Privilege

It's an interesting description of the theory, but doesn't address any strong reason to believe that the theory is true.

If America was like this race, one would expect whites to be the most financially successful ethnic group in America. But they aren't. Nor are they the most successful in education. Whites have no apparent advantage over Indians in the US, or Chinese or Japanese Americans.

It's much easier to prove and much more honest to say that the real race issue is not white privilege, it's that blacks are disadvantaged and consistently perform worse in very important metrics than every other ethnic group. It's also more constructive, because then we could talk practically and openly about what structural, social, and cultural obstacles blacks in America face. But saying that blacks are disadvantaged compared to every other ethnic group in the US as opposed to only whites doesn't give you leverage over the white majority and isn't as gratifying to the racial bigotry of social justice types.

Just out of curiosity, why are blacks disadvantaged again?

Another guy who tippy toed around white privilege.

He argued his points within a vacuum, and conveniently avoided the apparatus that influenced the choices and circumstances the parents of the kids in the video had to endure. It as if history doesn't account for where we are today.

Then he complains that the video didn't prescribed a solution, when it was simply about bringing awareness to a problem. His insecurity to have to correct his behavior made him feel like that was the intention of the video. In other words, he felt insecure of the idea that he had to give up his privilege.

Then he injected his own pseudo-wisdom to fixing the problem, even though he doesn't directly admit that there is an actual problem. Ironically, he didn't offer any solutions to fixing the problem.

He gives an example of a privilege where he had the ability to fail, and was able to proceed forward, where other people who fail are further entrenched into a lifestyle that keeps them from getting ahead.

He made a few good points about people running their own race for their own prize, and how we all have our own unique limiting factors, but he equates privilege as the ability to start a venture, but not the advantage some people have when it comes to accessing key people, resources, finance, etc., to actually expand on their venture.

I could debunk that guy even more, but you are not going to agree with me anyway.

Not because of centuries of slavery, having their families ripped apart, being tortured, experimented on, having their neighborhoods firebombed, being denied education, equal employment, being incarcerated at higher rates for the same crimes other groups commit, disproportionately targeted by the police (and FBI during the Civil Rights era), the prison industrial complex, etc. None of that has anything to do with it. As soon as slavery was abolished everything immediately became equal and all the black people saying discrimination is still (oh I mean after the Civil Rights Act was passed) a problem and all the hard statistics that back that assertion up are all lies because black people in the US just want to play victim.

In all the years of US history we've elected one black president. Clearly there's no racism anymore. Well, maybe just a little, but only coming from the white supremacist groups we see on TV. Obviously we're living in a post racial society and none of the social and economic injustice and segregation that was the law of the land until 50 years ago has any bearing on the present.

I think there are many reasons, including in no particular order:
anti-black discrimination in hiring
extremely high levels of black crime within black communities
the disintegration of the black family, especially as regards fatherhood

I agree with the first officer's sense of angger, he was trying to discuss his point carefully and the "white male privilege" statement is dismissive of that attempt.

I hope that people who recognize that also recognize when they are dismissive of things that the other side mentions and can see how it minimizes genuine efforts to find understanding and growth.

that dude has bewbs

I think there are many reasons, including in no particular order:
anti-black discrimination in hiring
extremely high levels of black crime within black communities
the disintegration of the black family, especially as regards fatherhood

Hmm, nothing else? Surely all those didn't just *happen*. No external contributing factors?

The overreaction was pretty funny, but he's in the right. That was a really cheap shot and she deserved to be suspended. That's hostile work environment stuff.

Ok so which one was put on administration leave? The guy who got offended by the stupid cunt accusing him of white privilege? Or the one that barked out the insult? I know I'm having a little too much faith here, it's probably the guy who was offended.

White privilege is an over used and over simplification of things.

Yes white people had many avanatages in the not distance past and some of that affects the situation now.

However how it is used most of the time now by some blacks and SJW's is an attempt to belittle and shut down any discussion that turns away they don't like or have the ability to counter with anything constructive.

Much like racists is used by these same people. Is used !s an insult and to try and stop any disagreement with their view.

The way it was used here. The guy over reacted a little but the comment was meant as an insult and people tend to react when insulted.

i would have thought that a police capt would have enough restraint to keep her mouth shut in that situation but she probably got to her position because of white privilege and a check in the box for the work force.

Combine this with the fact that nerds are the "leaders" in many white environments now, and we are screwed until the next huge disaster.

The list wasn't exhaustive, no. If you have something to add, just add it. No need to be coy.

I wanna know what you think, no coyness involved.

These things don't tend to happen in a vacuum, so i'm just curious what you have in mind as to why blacks are disadvantaged. I mean, if nothing happened to cause all this, then I guess we're just defective? We immigrated to the US and just couldn't hack it yeah?

These things don't tend to happen in a vacuum, so i'm just curious what you have in mind as to why blacks are disadvantaged. I mean, if nothing happened to cause all this, then I guess we're just defective? We immigrated to the US and just couldn't hack it yeah?

Fair enough. I'll tell you what I think.
First off, I think your premise that either something happened to cause this or blacks are just defective is a false dilemma. I believe that the current disadvantages faced by blacks in the US are absolutely not in any way a result of blacks being genetically or racially defective.

And while I do think some of those disadvantages are caused by the racism of other groups, particularly white Americans, I do not think this is the biggest reason any longer. In my opinion, the black community int he US, which is an admittedly poorly defined term, is suffering a severe cultural crisis, which can never be solved until it is admitted that many of the obstacles to success for young blacks, young black males especially from what I see, are cultural habits long established in the black community.

The undervaluing of hard work in the educational process, the glorification of criminal violence and gangs, the shocking lack of responsibility shown toward women and children by black fathers are all enough to ensure that black educational and financial success would be less than in groups like Asian-Americans where we see the opposite habits. (When I look at white Americans, I'd say a large minority adopt the low class values and are generally referred to by other whites as white trash, while most have what we broadly term middle class values.)

Many of the worst cultural issues afflicting the black community have substantially worsened since the end of Jim Crow. So while I think it is unfair to judge the black community without accounting for the structural racism that oppressed them for the bulk of their history in the US, I think it is also naive to fail to hold them accountable for their own problems. It seems many people feel that all black failure is easily explained by the attitudes of white people, while others point only to the cultural failings of the black community. I'm willing to look at both as two sides of one serious issue.

Ok so which one was put on administration leave? The guy who got offended by the stupid cunt accusing him of white privilege? Or the one that barked out the insult? I know I'm having a little too much faith here, it's probably the guy who was offended.

it was the female that said white privilege.

The welfare state? Genetics? Culture? Fatalism? Likely some combination of the former?

Whatever the case, it probably has nothing to do with privilege floating around in the ether of society that doesn't have any tangible policy and seems to arbitrarily exclude East Asians.

It seems like everyone looks at what happened two hundred years ago and stops there with the cause. Even if we're to grant that as a proximate cause, we know almost for certain its not the penultimate one. Clearly, it has nothing to do with whatever the US, or its white population, is doing. African Americans are at a living standard here that Africans living in Africa or the ME would kill their mother to have. The disparity exists everywhere in the world.

Despite other ethnicities already being well into the industrial age, African populations still hadn't invented the wheel in the 18th century yet. That alone is pretty damning to the narrative that white oppression is responsible for that population's plight. If we're to apportion Colonialism for that, what would explain SA's living standard? Africans were clawing their way into the White dominated Apartheid SA for its standard of living compared to its African governed neighbors. @PrinceOfPain is qualified to support or deny that.

If we're going to look at a cause seen for the plight of the African populations and their close descendants, it might have a lot to do with their ancestral ecological climate not requiring deferred gratification that comes with lengthy winter seasons Caucasians in Northern Europe and Asians in East Asia were exposed to over millenia. If we're going to start back in time, maybe we should start back at a point where we know characteristics of populations started to deviate, and ask why.

Last edited:
It seems like everyone looks at what happened two hundred years ago and stops there with the cause. Even if we're to grant that as a proximate cause, we know almost for certain its not the penultimate one. Clearly, it has nothing to do with whatever the US, or its white population, is doing. African Americans are at a living standard here that Africans living in Africa or the ME would kill their mother to have. The disparity exists everywhere in the world.

Despite other ethnicities already being well into the industrial age, African populations still hadn't invented the wheel in the 18th century yet. That alone is pretty damning to the narrative that white oppression is responsible for that population's plight. If we're to apportion Colonialism for that, what would explain SA's living standard? Africans were clawing their way into the White dominated Apartheid SA for its standard of living compared to its African governed neighbors. @PrinceOfPain is qualified to support or deny that.

If we're going to look at a cause seen for the plight of the African populations and their close descendants, it might have a lot to do with their ancestral ecological climate not requiring deferred gratification that comes with lengthy winter seasons Caucasians in Northern Europe and Asians in East Asians were exposed to over millenia. If we're going to start back in time, maybe we should start back at a point where we know characteristics of populations started to deviate, and ask why.

Who's talking about things 200 years ago? Oh Greoric, you're going off the deep end buddy.

All I do is ask why blacks are disadvantaged and here you are going on about things from hundreds and hundreds of years ago like the Crusades and all that.

I was thinking Jim Crow or Reagan selling crack in the inner cities. Or maybe COINTELPRO. You know, more contemporary things you deflecting puss puss.

I think it's very telling that none of you are willing to acknowledge that those are even contributing causes in the modern day considering that we're not even a generation removed from segregation.

But it's genetics and culture.

<DisgustingHHH>

Back