UFN 123 pbp/discussion

+20u between boxing and mma.. been a while since i had such a good night. hope you all made out well too

<GinJuice>

was on cub and took a hefty loss but ortega has made a huge fan of me tonight

Ortega is a str8 G. Caught up in street shit and turned his life around to become a top MMA fighter

Ortega is so calm and collective, Cub the exact opposite.

Cub had one artery open... if he fought the arm (rather than the legs) and stayed calm he could have gotten out. Ortega's reputation precedes him in these situations. Guys panic.
Do you train Jiu Jitsu?

Either way Cub survived the Anaconda choke in the 1st and didn't panic there so not sure how you can say he wasn't choking in the guillotine

probably close to even overall on the night. lost a bunch on maluko knight and cub.. (alcantara early too) wiped out all the saenz, holtzman, moraes etc profits.

the way the knight fight went was so terrible, tho. hate how i handled the fight, even tho i'm pretty stunned by how bad he looked. maybe it had something to do w/the lamas beatdown. maybe it was underestimating benitez. maybe knight was injured. or maybe he just lost his mojo when he did the accidental bite thing. whatever it was, it fucking sucked for me, lol.

hope you guys made out better

Do you train Jiu Jitsu?

Either way Cub survived the Anaconda choke in the 1st and didn't panic there so not sure how you can say he wasn't choking in the guillotine

Ortega was forced to readjust the grip. He did it while Cub was fighting the legs. If Cub was fighting the arm from the beginning he could have blocked the grip readjustment.

5 straight finishes, amazing BJJ, mature and collected, and piercing blue eyes

<mma4><7>

*no homo*

17u profit, good times. Still not sold on Ortega moving forward since his style is jank and lacks method, but he's an entertaining action fighter.

Brett Johns
Is Johns really on the radar in the same way? I'm not convinced by the dude. 2 decisions over bottom-of-the-barrel guys, and then insta-subbing Soto with a rare sub.

...Khabib's also still undefeated.

I didn't get to watch this live so a bit late to the party. How about that Ortega sub tho. I love T-city and I picked Cub to win this on the feet. I guess we never get a good price on Ortega sub EVER again.

Back