RIZIN FIGHTING WORLD GRAND PRIX 2017 BW & Women's SAW Semifinal & Final ROUND - December 31 - Thread

Highly unlikely to happen. K-1 has a huge show coming up and won't risk their golden boy losing for another promotion to the star of another kickboxing promotion

Then, Yoshihisa Morimoto from the Fukuoka show.

Highly unlikely to happen. K-1 has a huge show coming up and won't risk their golden boy losing for another promotion to the star of another kickboxing promotion
K-1 has been on the slow upswing and I love it

Rena and Tenshin in tournaments, cool and I will watch but not exactly the reasons I expected to be watching Rizin. Cant they bring back that sumo guy?

Rena and Tenshin in tournaments, cool and I will watch but not exactly the reasons I expected to be watching Rizin. Cant they bring back that sumo guy?
Baruto? He's terrible. He should stick fighting 46 years old retired pro wrestlers

I'd rather see Mirko crushing cans at this stage than getting killed by legit HWs.

I'd rather see Mirko crushing cans at this stage than getting killed by legit HWs.

This is horse meat CC... and no one kills "classic" CC.

I love Rena, the cutest most violent finisher.

Baruto? He's terrible. He should stick fighting 46 years old retired pro wrestlers
Cro Cop demolished him but he looked good otherwise. I think he could become the next midlevel pudzianowski type fighter.

Cro Cop demolished him but he looked good otherwise. I think he could become the next midlevel pudzianowski type fighter.

Baruto can be tough for anyone in ring where they can't evade and run around him.
He showed good stamina and speed and ability to have gas tank for 10 mins of fighting.
In octagon people would run circles around him untill he tires, but in the ring it's a different story and he has a chance.
If he closes anyone to corner, he can use his size and be very dangerous even against big name fighters.

Baruto can be tough for anyone in ring where they can't evade and run around him.
He showed good stamina and speed and ability to have gas tank for 10 mins of fighting.
In octagon people would run circles around him untill he tires, but in the ring it's a different story and he has a chance.
If he closes anyone to corner, he can use his size and be very dangerous even against big name fighters.
He fought a tough Mirko in only his 3/4 fight so I hope they can give him an easy one like sapp to build him back

Updated card:

RIZIN 57.0 kg Kickboxing GP Semifinal ~ 3 rounds x 3 minutes:
Tenshin Nasukawa vs. Yuta "Cat" Hamamoto

Updated card:

RIZIN 57.0 kg Kickboxing GP Semifinal ~ 3 rounds x 3 minutes:
Tenshin Nasukawa vs. Yuta "Cat" Hamamoto
Are the bwgp quarters and semis really 3 × 5 minute rounds? Last yeat it was bigger guys and the fights before the finals were 2 × 5 minute rounds.

These bantamweights are going to be absolutley battered and exhausted. Different from heavyweight were quick finishes are possible. A lot of these guys will be going to war from the first battle that weekend.

I've been wondering if it's worse to fight twice in three days or twice in one night (let alone three times in two days). I figure after a full day off, you're really gonna feel the damage you took in the first fight. Plus getting over the adrenaline dump must be a tremendous effort. Figure if you know you have to fight again in a couple hours you can probably amp yourself up and carry on.

There are a lot of variables in this tournament and whoever wins is undeniably a tough dude.

I've been wondering if it's worse to fight twice in three days or twice in one night (let alone three times in two days). I figure after a full day off, you're really gonna feel the damage you took in the first fight. Plus getting over the adrenaline dump must be a tremendous effort. Figure if you know you have to fight again in a couple hours you can probably amp yourself up and carry on.

There are a lot of variables in this tournament and whoever wins is undeniably a tough dude.
Yeah like most know the feeling of feeling sick, but your body holds off the effects till you get through one final christmas, work assignment, or game etc., then as soon as it's done your body just collapses. But then f*****ck, in these guys cases now you gotta weigh in again the next day, then fight the day after.

That the guy who draws grappler baki

Yeah

They have some link - he also contributed to those slick "Kickboxer Tenshin" reversal shirts.

Hope to see RENA v Kanna in the finals. Dream ending for the locals. Rest of the card is kinda meh tbh.

If they were gonna use TK why not Kazuyuki Fujita instead.

Yeah
If they were gonna use TK why not Kazuyuki Fujita instead.

I wouldn't put it passed them to use Fujita, but he just got TKO'ed by Aorigele...
maxresdefault.jpg

I wouldn't put it passed them to use Fujita, but he just got TKO'ed by Aorigele...
maxresdefault.jpg
He was also already booked for HEAT a week before RIZIN.

Fujita is beyond shot and can't even take a shot anymore, at least TK probably won't go down on the first punch.

Yeah like most know the feeling of feeling sick, but your body holds off the effects till you get through one final christmas, work assignment, or game etc., then as soon as it's done your body just collapses. But then f*****ck, in these guys cases now you gotta weigh in again the next day, then fight the day after.

I didn't even think of the second weigh in. Is it confirmed they have to make 61kg twice?

Usually at multi-day wrestling tournaments they at least give you a weight allowance.

Back